Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

My Lecturing Aspiration - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Lecturing Aspiration (361 Views)

Lecturing In State University Vs Federal Polytechnic / Secondary School Teaching Vs Lecturing: Which Of These Two Jobs Should I Choose? / How To Get Your Dream Lecturing Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Lecturing Aspiration by AlexGoodman: 8:27pm On Dec 19, 2019
It's just a cool evening here, with very nice thoughts flashing through my mind. In fact, I have just finished adorning my CV tailored to a lecturing career. The excitement is there, and the energy is high. A little bit of fear also hangs around - how does it happen?

Lecturing has been a dream career for me since my undergraduate days. I liked the smooth ability to teach my fellow students, and it was even more fulfilling how most appreciated me for the understanding they gained. The interaction in class with the lecturers then, and all that. Really, everything was fun!

To achieve that now, I know I'll need so many degrees to even stand a chance at the competition. I still have only a first degree. I also know that a first degree can qualify one for a Graduate Assistant position, but like I said, there's competition from those holding multiple degrees. It's not like I have no plans to further. I will, perhaps, when I gather some reasonable amount of money or when a scholarship clicks.

Anyway, I just felt like making an open wish. It is well!
Re: My Lecturing Aspiration by CrazyMan(m): 8:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
If wishes were horses, beggers would ride.

Stop wishing, you've tailored your CV that's a good start. Try to boost that CV by applying for your Msc.

Once you've gotten that additional degree (Msc) then you can begin the great step to actuallizing your dreams.

But for now, since you don't yet have your Msc, you can try applying in private polytechnics and all this not so popular private universities. The pay is most likely going to be small, but it will keep you busy and give you relevant working experience all through the period of your Msc.

The working experience you'll get from there would boost your CV, and by the time you're done with your Msc, then you can apply in federal universities. And your experience in those places would boost your chances in getting employed.

Good luck.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Entry Level Financial Analyst Jobs In Chicago / What Is Copywriting? / Is It Worth It To Migrate To Canada With Life Savings or by loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.