Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,656 members, 7,813,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Is This True - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is This True (829 Views)

[PDF] None This True Lisa Jewell Ebook PDF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True by Veiniously: 8:44pm On Dec 23, 2019
Playing games on your system reduce your battery life...I have a friend who bought a system everything was fine until we installed per 2016 I played every day now a battery that last 4hrs before now last 30min
Re: Is This True by Olugbenga1234: 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2019
Yes it's true. Most of the laptops people buy are home laptops. Not for gaming just normal everyday activities.
There are also gaming laptops more expensive but meant for gaming.

1 Like

Re: Is This True by lekjons(m): 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2019
Your battery life will degrade overtime whether you play games or not.

Gaming just makes the process faster because of heat, any battery will degrade faster under high temperatures.

Battery tip: if you can't do away with gaming, try buying a cooling pad for the laptop(pretty cheap), and make sure you always remove the charger once the battery is fully charged.

Even when you're gaming while plugged in, remove the charger once the battery is full, and drain the battery to less than 60% before plugging again.
Re: Is This True by lordtim001(m): 11:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
lekjons:
Your battery life will degrade overtime whether you play games or not.

Gaming just makes the process faster because of heat, any battery will degrade faster under high temperatures.

Battery tip: if you can't do away with gaming, try buying a cooling pad for the laptop(pretty cheap), and make sure you always remove the charger once the battery is fully charged.

Even when you're gaming while plugged in, remove the charger once the battery is full, and drain the battery to less than 60% before plugging again.
It's best to remove your battery and plug your charger only while gaming. I'm sure that my light won't disappoint me. Rarely does
Re: Is This True by lekjons(m): 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2019
lordtim001:

It's best to remove your battery and plug your charger only while gaming. I'm sure that my light won't disappoint me. Rarely does
I wanted to say that but some laptops has inbuilt batteries, and even if his is removable, he may have no idea how to do it, i don't want him damaging something.

And lastly, regular power-cuts is likely to damage your hard drive.
Re: Is This True by lordtim001(m): 9:42am On Dec 25, 2019
lekjons:
I wanted to say that but some laptops has inbuilt batteries, and even if his is removable, he may have no idea how to do it, i don't want him damaging something.

And lastly, regular power-cuts is likely to damage your hard drive.
That's why I said that the trust my area in terms of light. I would have safely shut down and plugged my battery back in before they take it. Very predictable
Re: Is This True by Brardana: 11:05am On Jan 02, 2020
For sure battery life fade over time so you need to make it all possible anyway if you want to make it clear anyway for many many reasons out there. How else do you plan to get it ready ? I do not even understand what this means to be with it.

(1) (Reply)

Best Quality Hard Drive For Sales And Supply Click Here / HP Elitebook 840 G5 Intel Core I5 8th Gen / HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop.. SOLD!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.