Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

The Crown Of Life Episode One - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Crown Of Life Episode One (365 Views)

The Story Of My Life (episode 3) / The Story Of My Life (episode 2) / The Story Of My Life (episode 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Crown Of Life Episode One by PenofGod(m): 7:01am On Dec 29, 2019
THE CROWN OF LIFE

EPISODE ONE

BAYO ONUWAJE

THE STORYLINE
Crown of Life: Episode One reveals how christians await the coming of the Lord. The playlet begins with a discussion of the prophecy on the coming leading to the plans of the Dark Angels to change man's mind against the Lord. But despite their doings, the White Angels will not let true believers go astray.

DEDICATION
To the late Bonargy Adebole Ajetunmobi a.k.a. Olukiji Agba.

SCENE ONE
The narrator comes on stage to give his lines.
NARRATOR: The time has come for the light to overcome the darkness. Let all deeds been brought to judgement and all thoughts shown at the naked plate of the heart. The throne has been set for Him who will bring justice to the poor and the oppressed. The proud and the arrogant shall be taken down from the high tent. Here comes the time the King of kings has made for the new world to manifest. (The narrator exits following by members of a church coming out after the sunday mass. They are discussing)
WUNMI: You see, I keep on repeating this question says by the scripture that if God should mark inequities, who is going to be save? Who? Don't let us deceive ourselves.
TOLANI: For me, I think one need to be prayerful. Mercy is the only escape route.
MICHEAL: It seems you are not getting one thing right. Mercy of course is an escape route; as they say mercy triumph even on judgement day. And if truly God should judge, everybody is at fault but we have been taught all these about the importance and significance of the death and resurrection of Christ; never you underestimate that. Christ died and lived again because he wanted to reconcile us with God and that is what he has done. The book of revelation contain some important information we ought to be aware of concerning the future; Revelation 7:13-17 is one of such scriptures. Read your own when you get home. That scripture implies that there are people who will be considered no matter the handiwork of the devil. The only things is if you are ready to be part of them 'cause as for me, by faith, I must get my own crown of life. I leave you for now. I have to catch up with the evangelism unit. (He leaves the scene)
WUNMI: He can proud for Africa. (She Mimics Michael) I have to catch up with the evangelism unit. Imagine him talking as if he knows it all. Don't mind him o, he is one of those who sleeps around with church girls. Rubbish.
TOLANI: Why the attitude? I don't get it. Is it because he said the truth, because he leaves for an evangelism or because you think he is sleeping around with girls?
WUNMI: It is because I heard and I believed it that he is among those who sleeps around with women.
TOLANI: May God forgive all of you who goes around spreading people's matter. Though everybody has his or her own darkness hidden under the cloth but still we should be sure of what we are saying and perhaps it is never our right to judge. The pastor said he had a prophecy about the judgement day, right? So let it come, then we will know who or who sleeps with men or women.
WUNMI: (She Looks at Tolani so angrily) Henceforth, better go and get yourself a new apartment because you are no longer staying in that house again. You have just started a quarrel today that will finish in heaven. (She is leaving. Tolani follows her)
TOLANI: My good friend, you are not the one I was referring to. I was just saying... (They leave the scene. Curtain closes)

SCENE TWO
The bottomless pit, the residence of the dark angels. Their master sits. He has two guards with him. Another angel of their kind enters.
1ST DARK ANGEL: Master, May you be praise. I have carried out the assignment you sent me. I have a very important news with me to tell.
DARK MASTER: Then let me hear it.
1ST DARK ANGEL: A prophecy has been given about His coming.
DARK MASTER: Given?
1ST DARK ANGEL: Yes, master. In fact, the prophecy has been preached to the church and a massive evangelism has been done immediately after the service to give awareness to Christian all over the community to prepare for Him that is to come.
DARK MASTER: (He holds his head with two hand) This news gives me an headache. I must do something as fast as possible in order to get followers. (He screams) Followers! These people must not go to Him. We must act fast or else we will be the only one to live in our end-time-home. Do you want that to happen?
1ST DARK ANGEL: No...never, master. We must do something as you have said. (Another dark angel walks in majestically)
2ND DARK ANGEL: (He bows before the dark master) Master, send me to the people. This should be my time to pay my loyalty to you. The world has already been divided into four equal part, let me make the three parts to worship you till eternity. They shall be our guests in hell when the time comes. Let me go...
DARK MASTER: Of course, I have suddenly forgotten that I have a strong weapon as you. I have prepared you for great task such as powerful as this. You will do exactly what you have promised. Prepare yourself and bring them to me as quick as possible.
2ND DARK ANGEL: May you be praise, master. (The 2nd dark angel leaves the scene)
DARK MASTER: Even Him that sit on throne will know that he has a mighty being as powerful and challenging. (He storms out of the scene and the 1st dark angel follows him leaving the two guards on the stage)

SCENE THREE
The residence of Kunle. He sits with his two friends who are also members of the same church with him. They were making merriment, eating and drinking.
KUNLE: (Behaving like a drunkard) O.K... let us accept it that the pastor's dream was a true prophecy on the basis that the judgement day is on the door step, should we just fold our hands and be looking or we should rather enjoy our life till the last drop so that when the time comes, we will have nothing to worry about. Even if Jesus come like this, I will just tell him that I'm sorry for my all sin, and he will forgive me. He has no choice because heaven is looking for candidate. (He laughs and drink from his bottle)
CALEB: Kunle, what nonsense are you saying? something is not right with this guy. It seems a kind of spirit has taken over him.
DORA: No, not at all. It is the alcohol. Imagine, the assistant sunday school coordinator has taken about six bottles of bear. Why won't he say rubbish?
CHUCKS: Both of you are saying the same thing. The alcohol, the spirit...there is a link between them. Whatever that might have come upon you, Kunle, I don't give a damn all I know is that I was born into a christian home, grew up in it and I've never one day go astray from it. Definitely, if the trumpet should sound today, I will be very glad. My entry is 100percent sure.
CALEB: I pity you. You think the certificate to the kingdom of God is by been born into and living in a christian family? Do you know what christianity is? So many people called themselves Christians but without the knowledge of what it entails.
CHUCKS: Are you the one to teach me what christianity means? You remembered I knew the time you came for baptism, or have you forgotten?
CALEB: I remembered and you can say that again. But I must tell you, though I may not be a good christians or maybe I'm the baby type, but you shouldn't be proud of yourself because Paul said it in one of his epistles that the gift of righteousness is not through work but by grace; so let no one proud.
CHUCKS: (Laughs) See, Caleb is quoting Paul for me sha. Imagine. Well, let see. when the day shall come, it will be a moment like this and you'll see me going up on a white robe. It is then you will know what I'm saying. (He stands and drinks the remaining content in the bottle)
KUNLE: Chukwu-emeka, are you going so soon. I still have enough drinks inside to entertain you guys with.
CHUCKS: Sorry bro, let me go and attend to something else. So many important things await me at home. I'll see you guys later in church. (He leaves the scene)
DORA: Don't mind him. He can proud for africa.
CALEB: Wait, is that a new slang in the church?
DORA: Why do you ask?
CALEB: I heard members of our church saying it.
DORA : I heard it from Sister Wunmi when she was telling me something about Bro. Micheal.
KUNLE: Don't mind that Wunmi, she can gossip for Africa. (They laugh. They continue having their drinks. Curtain closes)

SCENE FOUR
Heaven, two white angels meet to discuss.
1ST WHITE ANGEL: The time is near. the true believers on earth need our help more than before. The Most High has commended that we should make hay while the sun shines to breath into them. Let them receive comfort so as to escape the plight and trial of the season that is to come.
2ND WHITE ANGEL: Your word has been taken. I shall go at once to get company for the mission.
1ST WHITE ANGEL: Go... and remembered that you must do all necessary things to put the churches on track for the glorious day that is to come.
2ND WHITE ANGEL: But remembered that it has been written that there are some son of men who are stone deaf towards the scripture. For those who needs the breath shall be given.
1ST WHITE ANGEL: Yes, you are right. Go now and may the spirit of the Most High guides you. (The 2nd Angel leaves. Curtain closes)

To be continued...

(1) (Reply)

TheFacelessMan Moves On... / Mwake / Unshackled (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.