Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,100 members, 7,814,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Between Broilers And Layers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Between Broilers And Layers (1139 Views)

Untold Truth Exposed: Between Broilers And Layers Which One Is More Profitablee? / Breed Of Broilers And Their Characteristics/Performance / Free Broiler And Layers Feed Formula (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Broilers And Layers by soke02(m): 9:33am On Dec 29, 2019
Pls which is more profitable between broilers and layers
Re: Between Broilers And Layers by Parablesonmarble: 11:03am On Dec 29, 2019
Depends on your focus. Ordinarily, the thing to do is to calculate the next festive period from this point (identify your market), which is likely to be Easter. For that, broiler is better because they are mature and ready for market latest between 9-12 weeks depending on the breed. Some breeds are even good to go as early as the 7th week. Any money spent on feeding afterwards is a waste. Just sell, make fast bucks and target the next festive period, probably Salah. However, layers are long term, high maintenance investment. If you take layers now, they will start laying by 18 weeks, with laying peaking at around 30 weeks of age and decline starting around 52 weeks of age ( although some breeds can lay on for 2 years), depending on breed, feed formula and care. Hence, from 18 weeks, you can start making money on layers until they are almost spent by 52 weeks. Calculating that, it means you can make money on layers for almost a year and sell them off at the next Christmas/ New Year festive period.
For me, because fast bucks is involved, maintenance period is reduced and it affords me the chance of flexible business decision, I'll go for broiler and when I'm adept in poultry business, I can venture into layers. Humble personal opinion
Re: Between Broilers And Layers by soke02(m): 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
Parablesonmarble:
Depends on your focus. Ordinarily, the thing to do is to calculate the next festive period from this point (identify your market), which is likely to be Easter. For that, broiler is better because they are mature and ready for market latest between 9-12 weeks depending on the breed. Some breeds are even good to go as early as the 7th week. Any money spent on feeding afterwards is a waste. Just sell, make fast bucks and target the next festive period, probably Salah. However, layers are long term, high maintenance investment. If you take layers now, they will start laying by 18 weeks, with laying peaking at around 30 weeks of age and decline starting around 52 weeks of age ( although some breeds can lay on for 2 years), depending on breed, feed formula and care. Hence, from 18 weeks, you can start making money on layers until they are almost spent by 52 weeks. Calculating that, it means you can make money on layers for almost a year and sell them off at the next Christmas/ New Year festive period.
For me, because fast bucks is involved, maintenance period is reduced and it affords me the chance of flexible business decision, I'll go for broiler and when I'm adept in poultry business, I can venture into layers. Humble personal opinion
thanks a lot
Re: Between Broilers And Layers by majilore(m): 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
if you have less money( #50 to #200k) to invest and u can't wait for 5 to 6 months before getting profit, go for broilers. broilers bring back money in 8 to 10 weeks.

but

if you have more money ( 1 million naira upward ) to invest and u can wait for 5 to 6 months before profits start coming, go for layers.
also make sure the space (poultry house )is available etc.
also if u no get liver (gut or mind) i.e if u are prone to high blood press or heart attack , pls I repeat pls don't go into poultry business either layers or broilers.
you can as well consider investing in my farm in jos

1 Like

Re: Between Broilers And Layers by Willie2015: 7:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
majilore:
if you have less money( #50 to #200k) to invest and u can't wait for 5 to 6 months before getting profit, go for broilers. broilers bring back money in 8 to 10 weeks.
but
if you have more money ( 1 million naira upward ) to invest and u can wait for 5 to 6 months before profits start coming, go for layers.
also make sure the space (poultry house )is available etc.
also if u no get liver (gut or mind) i.e if u are prone to high blood press or heart attack , pls I repeat pls don't go into poultry business either layers or broilers.
you can as well consider investing in my farm in jos

There is no big deal in rearing broilers or layers....
With the right information and good practice..... there should be no issues...
Lastly, every farmer should insure their birds in case of outbreak of diseases....
That can lead to loss....
Insurance will reimburse the cost of birds & feeds till date of death....
Re: Between Broilers And Layers by soke02(m): 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2020
Willie2015:

There is no big deal in rearing broilers or layers....
With the right information and good practice..... there should be no issues...
Lastly, every farmer should insure their birds in case of outbreak of diseases....
That can lead to loss....
Insurance will reimburse the cost of birds & feeds till date of death....
do u work with an insurance company

(1) (Reply)

Deleted / SOLD OUT / Fairly Used Tarpaulin Pond (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.