Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

- Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / (393 Views)

FIRS Warns Against Evasion As 7.5% VAT Begins / Nigerians To Pay 5% VAT On Online, Internet Transactions January 2020 — FIRS / Free Invoicing Software For Nigerian Small Business Owners & Freelancers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by profstar(m): 10:41am On Jan 03, 2020
Re: by famouscargo4u: 12:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
i invoiced yesterday and received invoices from suppliers as well. All invoices still have 5 % VAT since the federal government has not made it a law.
Re: by automaniac69: 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
I envy you guys because in my country the VAT is considerably higher than here. Which means that you are lucky and must use this privilege to make your businesses useful for the society. I can also suggest that you use job management software to pull the maximum out of your business and increase your profits as well as save considerable chunk of time.
Re: by profstar(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
famouscargo4u:
i invoiced yesterday and received invoices from suppliers as well. All invoices still have 5 % VAT since the federal government has not made it a law.

That is correct tho
Re: by famouscargo4u: 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
profstar:

So when federal government makes it into law, let's hope it won't affect the already processed invoices with 5% in 2020 since the law mentioned January 1st.

Until the federal government pass it, it won't be in effect and it cannot be in arrears. So, for now, it is what it is.
Re: by profstar(m): 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
famouscargo4u:

Until the federal government pass it, it won't be in effect and it cannot be in arrears. So, for now, it is what it is.
Okay o, let's wait and see
Re: by murchurat(m): 2:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
It's not yet a law, until the presido append his signature and it will only took effect on the day it was sign into law.

(1) (Reply)

We Buy E-currency And Pay U In Naira / Learn How To Repair Systems/laptops In Just Few Weeks / Tips On How To Build A Web Presence For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.