Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,332 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Learning To Write - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Learning To Write (1031 Views)

Learning About Yourself Exercise / Learning To Write Effectively / How To Write And Secret To Passing Toefl Exams At One Sitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning To Write by froggie(m): 2:32am On May 30, 2007
Hello fellow nairalanders, i've come with my problems because i know u guys in here will help get it half solved if not completely or even give me clues.

The problem here is my act of writing, well some ppl may not see it as being a problem though it is 2 me, i work in a cafe on Victoria Island, and i hardly have time to myself, i work from 8:00am in the morning to 9:00pm at night cos na only me dey do almost all the work for there like typing (with a blind keyboard), graphic designing, selling tickets, assisting customers, selling of CDs/VCDs, computer accessories, taking photographs sometimes and someother stuffs like that sha (the work tire me, i no go lie) though the work don expose me to so many things like, dealing with people with different characters and attitudes, the good, bad & ugly,ability to work under extreme pressure with good result and others grin grin

But as a young man with dreams and also ambitious , i need to leave dis work for skool, this is where my writing comes in, i really want to develop myself in writing generally, (essays, articles, journals, editorials etc) but don't know where and how to start.
Re: Learning To Write by jesusfreak(f): 6:12pm On May 30, 2007
from what i can read, u seem to have a better opportiunity to develop ur skills if uve got any cos u work in a cybercafe,

it really depends on the way u manage ur time. make use of the internet and learn ways of improving.

the journey of a thousand miles begins with a little step so quit complaining and DO sthg !

all da best brov grin
Re: Learning To Write by paul4eva: 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2007
Good, welcome to the writing class,

I am paul and dedicated to help you. To start with, you should build up a passion for writing which should come for your innerself. If you don't love what you want to do (writing) you won't excel in it. So Love it first.

Secondly, pick on your subjects of interest and begin to write a small exercise one page article about it.

Thirdly, have a plan for your write up, that is think of what you want to write about, the sub-topics that you will write about and most importantly, maintain the opening, the body and the conclusion. I will explain this better next time am online. But for now, create a passion for writing. I will see you later.
Re: Learning To Write by froggie(m): 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2007
Thanks i really appreciate your reply and i look forward to ur next post.
Re: Learning To Write by newera(f): 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2007
If you write fiction try browsing through www.advancedfictionwriting.com for some good writing tips and free courses

(1) (Reply)

Was It A Night With A Smart Or Possessed Beautiful Gal On Campus? You Decide / Crushed /short-story/ *New* / A Glass Of Riches (short Romance Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.