Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Programmers Please Help Me O - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers Please Help Me O (1031 Views)

Php Programmers, Please Help!!! / Programmers. Please Explain To Me The Concepts Of API. / programmers Please Help A Friend on visual basic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmers Please Help Me O by VURN(m): 1:02am On Dec 10, 2010
i'm in 400 level computer engineering. i actually want to do my final year project myself. i actually developed interest in .NET but have not started yet so, i downloaded and installed visualstudio.net express 2010. as i started, i found out that its only for learning. i am considering free softwares i can use for my project like WAMP SERVER but i don't know much about other things that go with it. i have to develope my web based software, and present to my lecturers since i can't give them my laptop. please help me with your advice because i can't afford the prize of those costly software.
Re: Programmers Please Help Me O by Kobojunkie: 1:45am On Dec 10, 2010
Visual Studio.NET express is for learning? What exactly was the problem you encountered while creating your website with it?
Re: Programmers Please Help Me O by DapoBear(m): 3:28am On Dec 10, 2010
So you are doing some web development stuff for your final year project?

If so, stick to open-source software that is widely documented. I don't use WAMP myself, but it is probably worth your time to learn how to set it up.

I assume you already know how to use MySQL and PHP?
Re: Programmers Please Help Me O by Thatdave(m): 7:20am On Dec 10, 2010
I've used WAMP for 3 yrs now.
I know PHP and MYSQL like I know my name.
Am a web developer.
To setup wamp server: 5 minutes.
To Master HTML: 2 weeks (If you are fast)
To Master CSS: 2 weeks if you are fast.
To Master PHP MYSQL: 6 months (of everyday practice)

Then you are good to go ahead with your project.
No discouragement meant.
Re: Programmers Please Help Me O by Thatdave(m): 7:23am On Dec 10, 2010
Here is my number
If you need to pull
A call through
Re: Programmers Please Help Me O by VURN(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2010
thank you all. i'm so encouraged
Re: Programmers Please Help Me O by VURN(m): 10:18am On Dec 10, 2010
@thatdave. thanks for the breakdown.
@all. see, i want to do my project on stuffs like online reservation system, school management system and stuffs like that. for now i've put the visual studio at side since its for only learning. could you break it down for me on all i need for this stuff and how i can do this. i'm determined because there's no time and honestly,i'm a novice. but i'm already studying html and css. i really count on you guys.
Re: Programmers Please Help Me O by kambo(m): 12:53am On Dec 12, 2010
@poster
sth you said caught my attention - "you actually want to do the project yourself"

you're torn between doing it yourself or "outsourcing it" ?
Re: Programmers Please Help Me O by HkEbuka(m): 9:55am On Dec 15, 2010
@ VURN

You can use XAMPP, WAMP, they are all simple to use, you just have to install them and you are ready to go. cool shocked

(1) (Reply)

Help / Web Development / I Really Don't Get It ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.