Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Pls Help - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pls Help (652 Views)

Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help / No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! / Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help by awoo47: 9:20pm On Feb 03, 2020
I bought a house May 2019 from a popular oil business man. The day i went to make payments i went with my lawyer and collected the certificate of ownership and sign all necessary stuff after i have paid full amount. He took me to the house after and told the tenants he has sold the house.

3days later the Man started calling and mumbling that the house didn't worth that amount later he claimed the person he bought it from was a criminal(the said person has been abroad since 2008) that he wants the house back bla bla bla
He went to the house and told tenants I'm no longer the landlord and I used juju to buy house from him.

After involving police, he finally agreed he won't disturb again and said he promised one of his wives(hes an alhaji) the house and that's why he wanted to get it back... All this ended on August

After renovating the house with a huge sum of money, i got a call from supposedly the lawyer of alhaji wife saying he wants to give us paper, i told him i don't know her since i only had business with alhaji..This was around sept 2019

Today just got a call from new tenant that someone dropped a document, when i got there i saw some 20pg documents of the wife (alhaja) suing both me and her husband to court.

She claimed Her husband promised her the house and even attached a "gift of property agreement" document stating alhaji already promised to gift her the house with alhaji signature appended.

Pls, i want to ask what are my chances in court?
I have all necessary documents and didn't know about any promises or gifts or anything like that prior to when i bought it

I have already spent huge sum renovating and can't afford to forfeit anything
Re: Pls Help by fineboynl(m): 3:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
go get a reputable lawyer. it will cost you money but ensure never to buy used house with tenant next time if you don't have the Chest to fight the aftermath of such actions

(1) (Reply)

Iphone Xs Max For Sale Gold 64gb / Executive Finished 5 Bedroom Detached House For Sale / Real Estate Properties Location Using Google Map

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.