Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / . (431 Views)

Threaded/nested Comment System Using Mongodb / Mongodb, React, Express, Node (mern) Developer Available Here! / Mongodb Nodejs Help Needed ASAP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 08, 2020
Re: . by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 08, 2020
Re: . by Grandlord: 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2020
crownedrookie:
Yes yes yes its me again with yet another issue lmao.
Seems mongoDB website doesn't download the software to the local machine any more?
I even located site with some zip mongoDB bin files on it. Downloaded, followed the instructions, created the data/db folders in the c:\ drive and all that, yet on running mongo.exe in the cmd prompt bin dir this error comes up.
Who has had any recent experience with it and how did you overcome? Please very urgent its slowing my learning process down.
Can't offer any help as I've not gotten to this phase of the process yet.

Peterincredible
Progeek37

Please help out here guys. Thanks.
Re: . by makavele: 12:38pm On Feb 08, 2020
A windows machine is a software engineer's nightmare . . .

I would have asked you to run a docker version of mongodb . . . and save yourself the stress.
Docker works on windows too, albeit, very tricky and the inital setup is bandwidth consuming.

Or head over to mongodb.com and get a free 500mb db, just plug in the URI to your application and move on;
until you can fix the windows issue.

Heroku also gives you many for free.
You don't need to pause your development because of that.

Send me a PM on whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: . by Grandlord: 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2020
makavele:
A windows machine is a software engineer's nightmare . . .

I would have asked you to run a docker version of mongodb . . . and save yourself the stress.
Docker works on windows too, albeit, very tricky and the inital setup is bandwidth consuming.

Or head over to mongodb.com and get a free 500mb db, just plug in the URI to your application and move on;
until you can fix the windows issue.

Heroku also gives you many for free.
You don't need to pause your development because of that.

Send me a PM on whatsapp.
Nice one. You've been so helpful in this section. cool
Re: . by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2020
crownedrookie:
Yes yes yes its me again with yet another issue lmao.
Seems mongoDB website doesn't download the software to the local machine any more?
I even located site with some zip mongoDB bin files on it. Downloaded, followed the instructions, created the data/db folders in the c:\ drive and all that, yet on running mongo.exe in the cmd prompt bin dir this error comes up.
Who has had any recent experience with it and how did you overcome? Please very urgent its slowing my learning process down.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2020
Re: . by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2020
crownedrookie:

You're stupid.
Just kidding tho
Re: . by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2020
Re: . by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2020
Re: . by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2020
Cakephp:
Mumu wannabe programmer
Re: . by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 08, 2020
Cakephp I see you've deleted your silly comments, probably in a bid to report to mods and feel free if that's what makes your miserable existence more tolerable. But let this be a serious warning to you. If you know me from the thread you know I don't suffer fools. Don't ever try this nonsense again. Take your frustrations in life somewhere else. If people aren't patronizing your business I'm not the cause OK? ? ? ?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shop Zara, Fashionnova, Asos & Lasenza And Others From Nigeria / Even Bill Gates Has A Blog, Why Can't You / Please Help! I Can't Log In To My Gmail For Almost A Month Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.