Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,218 members, 7,953,807 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:02 AM

Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help (609 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
Good Day. I recently bought a car (used)from this forum, Camry 2001, Auto Transmission, i4. To be honest it’s a big regret. I live in Benin and I had to send a friend, who took a mechanic along to inspect the car. Car was certified okay by the mechanic. But when I came for the car I discovered that whenever I am driving and I apply break it shuts off. I managed it to Benin like that and the next day I took it to the mech for repairs.
Fuel pump was changed, engine sensor, to cut the long story short, I have spent more than 28k trying to fix the issue of break and quench with different mech and electricians. Right now I don’t know who to blame, the seller or the mechanic that inspected the car and certified it okay. Please help is needed urgently on how to fix this issue. Thank you.
Re: Help by dicksonadams(m): 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
Hmmmm, the mech might have been compromised
Re: Help by cyborg123(m): 10:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
A scan could have saved you money. I suspect dirty throttle body.
Re: Help by sultaan(m): 11:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
It is a vacuum leak check the black hose from the brake booster/servo.
there are other black hoses that are cracked, damaged or missing .

If you can post several clear pictures of your engine bay, our people will tell you the ones that are missing and the ones to inspect for holes
Re: Help by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 7:36am On Mar 09, 2020
Thanks all. Problem solved. Throttle body was replaced and car drives fine. No more break and quench.
Re: Help by cyborg123(m): 9:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
Good

(1) (Reply)

KIA Sorento / Please Recommend Good Honda Accord Mechanic In Lagos / G-WAGON Available In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.