Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

What Could Be Wrong With My Hitv Decoder? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / What Could Be Wrong With My Hitv Decoder? (1603 Views)

Browse For Free Using Daarsat, Dstv, Mytv, Hitv Decoder. Full Tutorial / How To Watch Free To Air On Hitv Decoder / Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be Wrong With My Hitv Decoder? by Tunsbobo(m): 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2010
I paid my monthly subscription on 13th December at a nearby bank, but my channels were not yet unscrambled as at 14th December. Thereafter, i contacted their customer care and they said that my account has been activated already; they now adviced me to check my decoder or smart card well because their systems show that my channels have been unscrambled. Since then, i have been trying to find a solution to this problem; i believe the problem can be traced to my decoder; I noticed that anytime i insert my smartcard into my hitv decoder, i always see 'pls insert card' or 'card checking' then afterwards the screen displays 'Scrambled Channel' or becomes blank! Fellow Nairalanders, i want to know the possible cause of this problem and how it can be rectified. Your Replies are highly welcomed.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Hitv Decoder? by Dclique(m): 1:52am On Dec 18, 2010
Your decoder is fine. Its hitv's activation system thats messing up. Same thing happens to me. It took them 4days to reactivate me the last time i paid. Get their email and mail them your activation details and smart card number.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Hitv Decoder? by twinskenny(m): 7:10am On Dec 18, 2010
if your signal strength is fine,  then it has to be your decoder,  why dont u take it to their office so that they can check it for you?
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Hitv Decoder? by Tunsbobo(m): 8:28am On Dec 18, 2010
@Dclique, i've already mailed them; but the reply they gave me is the same story. They also claim that have activated my account since 13th December i.e the subscription is going to expire 13th of January. @twinskenny, do u know any Hitv Office that is around Igando/Ikotun Area? I'd really love to take my decoder to them to see whats going wrong.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Hitv Decoder? by twinskenny(m): 10:40am On Dec 18, 2010
Tunsbobo:

@Dclique, i've already mailed them; but the reply they gave me is the same story. They also claim that have activated my account since 13th December i.e the subscription is going to expire 13th of January. @twinskenny, do u know any Hitv Office that is around Igando/Ikotun Area? I'd really love to take my decoder to them to see whats going wrong.

no i dont know any, but u can call ther care center they should be able to give you a location close to you.

or u can as well check out ther website for info.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Hitv Decoder? by segunfms(m): 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2010
@Tunsbobo

the best way to solve the problem is take your smart card and look for someone that have strong decoder and put your card inside for like 3 to 4 mins and your card will come up. make sure you put it on hi-nolly yoruba and the problem will be solve. i did that for a friend.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Hitv Decoder? by Tunsbobo(m): 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2010
@segunfms, thanks u very much. I would do that right away!
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Hitv Decoder? by Tunsbobo(m): 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2010
@segunfms, thanks u very much. I would do that right away!
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Hitv Decoder? by Tunsbobo(m): 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2010
My Decoder is working fine now, thanks to you all for your concern! @segunfms, thanks so much. I've inserted my smart card into a strong decoder, and its working fine now.

(1) (Reply)

Tips On How To Retrieve Erased Video Files From HTC One X On Mac Platform? / Check This Out, No Monthly Bills: Just Thrills. / Any Lovers Of MBC Channels Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.