Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Remote Internship - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Remote Internship (2150 Views)

Opportunity For Remote Internship As A Web Developer ---- Closed / Looking For a Python/django Or Javascript Remote Internship Opportunity / Internship Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remote Internship by seunthomas: 8:04am On Mar 03, 2020
If you are interested in a remote internship, send me an email @webtekhire@gmail.com
The following opportunities exist:
a. Django/Python Internship
b. React Internship
c. Java/Struts2 Internship
d. C/C++ Internship
e. Android Internship
Kindly send your CV in on or before 6pm Friday 6th March,2020.
Please note there will be no form of compensation for this. Its an opportunity for you to learn and get better at your skills.
If you add value after the 3 months exercise you are guaranteed a job.
Please only really disciplined people should apply. Who can keep to time and be consistent on each task.
Only the best will be picked.
Re: Remote Internship by lewis512(m): 9:03am On Mar 03, 2020
Thanks
Re: Remote Internship by ovoSoft: 2:57pm On Mar 03, 2020
When I saw this line;
"only the best will be picked"
....haaa with no form of compensation? , if the company wants to help the "upcoming, coming up quick guys", then only the dumbest with the determination to learn should be picked. That is because "the best/mediocre" will rather use his/her time to chase after paid jobs.

I find this a very smart way to get free services.

5 Likes

Re: Remote Internship by seunthomas: 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2020
ovoSoft:
When I saw this line;
"only the best will be picked"
....haaa with no form of compensation? , if the company wants to help the "upcoming, coming up quick guys", then only the dumbest with the determination to learn should be picked. That is because "the best/mediocre" will rather use his/her time to chase after paid jobs.

I find this a very smart way to get free services.

Thanks for your interest. But the whole idea is to encourage only serious people who are more interested in "learning" than the financial incentive.

I have had interns over the years and my experience is that their work is never really good enough to use for a real life situation ( at least to my standard or standard of people i work for).

So am i looking for free labor (maybe or maybe not).

If an intern shows a sense of excellence and puts in effort to make his/her work is good enough, i hire them immediately.

The problem is a lot of people (like you) going into IT with only the financial gains as their priority and they rarely every produce value.
Re: Remote Internship by ovoSoft: 4:34pm On Mar 03, 2020
^^ "Thanks for your interest".....what!!
....oga I am not interested oo! my heart only goes out to the "the best" Android developers that will be tied down for 3 months.

@seunthomas, people have bills to pay, not everyone is staying with their parents and eating mummy's pot of soup. It is better for a newbie to write a free app and put on github which will add value to their cv than to work free for a company that won't even credit them in the completed project.

you said; " I hire them immediately if they are good" ...add that to the job description so they don't feel they are wasting their time.

As for ya last point, let's not get too personal as you know nothing about me or why I became a mobile apps developer nor projects I have done. This is a public forum, I saw a post and shared my opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remote Internship by seunthomas: 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2020
ovoSoft:
^^ "Thanks for your interest".....what!!
....oga I am not interested oo! my heart only goes out to the "the best" Android developers that will be tied down for 3 months.

@seunthomas, people have bills to pay, not everyone is staying with their parents and eating mummy's pot of soup. It is better for a newbie to write a free app and put on github which will add value to their cv than to work free for a company that won't even credit them in the completed project.

you said; " I hire them immediately if they are good" ...add that to the job description so they don't feel they are wasting their time.

As for ya last point, let's not get too personal as you know nothing about me or why I became a mobile apps developer nor projects I have done. This is a public forum, I saw a post and shared my opinion.
We already got a lot of interested people. Who value learning.
Did anyone come to complain to you?
Mr "Defender of the Programmerverse"
Re: Remote Internship by ovoSoft: 7:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
^^ oga they aren't learning, they are working for you on a project....that is why you need their CV and also require the best, Andela as a company is actually helping that's why they don't pick the best but those that are actually willing to learn (they even get paid eventually)

I saw a post and dropped my comment. ...is that a crime??. I have noticed something about nairaland; any job you drop here people will actually apply, but don't come here later to call programmers in nigeria lazy and dull cuz you actually picked the lazy and dull ones.

My comment summary is PAY YOUR PROGRAMMERS no matter how small let them fuel their generator to work for you, they are humans and they eat FOOD.

your job description shows you are working on a project - web developer (backend and frontend) and mobile app developer, give ya BOYS small thing

6 Likes

Re: Remote Internship by dauddy97(m): 7:38pm On Mar 03, 2020
seunthomas:
If you are interested in a remote internship, send me an email @webtekhire@gmail.com
b. React Internship
d. C/C++ Internship
e. Android Internship
Please note there will be no form of compensation for this. Its an opportunity for you to learn and get better at your skills.
Please only really disciplined people should apply. Who can keep to time and be consistent on each task.
Good evening. can a person who is interested in Data science and Analysis apply for this internship too. Need your reply bfor I send my CV.
Re: Remote Internship by seunthomas: 10:12pm On Mar 03, 2020
dauddy97:

Good evening. can a person who is interested in Data science and Analysis apply for this internship too. Need your reply bfor I send my CV.
For now No. But the next batch will include Artificial intelligence and other fields.
Re: Remote Internship by seunthomas: 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2020
ovoSoft:
^^ oga they aren't learning, they are working for you on a project....that is why you need their CV and also require the best, Andela as a company is actually helping that's why they don't pick the best but those that are actually willing to learn (they even get paid eventually)

I saw a post and dropped my comment. ...is that a crime??. I have noticed something about nairaland; any job you drop here people will actually apply, but don't come here later to call programmers in nigeria lazy and dull cuz you actually picked the lazy and dull ones.

My comment summary is PAY YOUR PROGRAMMERS no matter how small let them fuel their generator to work for you, they are humans and they eat FOOD.

your job description shows you are working on a project - web developer (backend and frontend) and mobile app developer, give ya BOYS small thing
They actually work on pet projects and not my personal projects.
Re: Remote Internship by Avast(m): 10:21pm On Mar 03, 2020
seunthomas:

They actually work on pet projects and not my personal projects.
Can someone with zero knowledge of programming apply?
Re: Remote Internship by seunthomas: 10:30pm On Mar 03, 2020
Avast:

You can but try to get some knowledge of programming before commencement date.
Re: Remote Internship by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 03, 2020
Avast:

Answer yourself. Apply and then do what??
Re: Remote Internship by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 03, 2020
seunthomas:
b. React Internship
d. C/C++ Internship
e. Android Internship
I noticed the only thing remotely connected to my MERN stack is react which ironically is the technology I have the least handle on. No use for JavaScript/NodeJS on your team?
Re: Remote Internship by seunthomas: 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2020
crownedrookie:

I noticed the only thing remotely connected to my MERN stack is react which ironically is the technology I have the least handle on. No use for JavaScript/NodeJS on your team?
We are not hiring anyone. Its an internship. An opportunity to learn.
Re: Remote Internship by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2020
seunthomas:

We are not hiring anyone. Its an internship. An opportunity to learn.
I don't see anything about hiring in my comment. Do you?
Re: Remote Internship by Avast(m): 10:38pm On Mar 03, 2020
seunthomas:

You can but try to get some knowledge of programming before commencement date.
Thank you
Re: Remote Internship by dauddy97(m): 8:26am On Mar 04, 2020
seunthomas:

For now No. But the next batch will include Artificial intelligence and other fields.
Alright and thanks. Pls mention me when it's available.
Re: Remote Internship by spoilerx: 11:12am On Mar 04, 2020
If its just for learning + no pay , share details/credentials of people in charge of the internship.

if people would learn alot , it won't kill to know the credentials of people you would learn under.

Also do u have detailed plan for your intern ?
Re: Remote Internship by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 05, 2020
I have applied my details are sam_ug@yahoo.com 09070314423 thanks for this opportunity
Re: Remote Internship by maak400: 7:28am On Mar 06, 2020
ovoSoft:

My brother, people like to use others for their own personal gain. It’s even worse in naija because of lack of lucrative jobs. You will see a company looking to employ graduates and paying peanuts salary in this harsh economy. The painful thing about tech sector is that companies hardly accept intern/junior web developers who have put in effort to learn coding on their own. Even if they want interns, it will be unpaid internship like the one this poster is advertising here, forgetting that people need to feed and cater for themselves too. It’s so pathetic and discouraging.
Re: Remote Internship by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 06, 2020
@op I know it’s an opportunity for these guys to get better, but it’s a remote internship the interns will need to buy data and put a little fuel in their gen to power their laptops during the work hours,

places like decagon, semicolon, and every other platform for training developers realize these constraints so it’s not about delayed gratification , what you’re looking for is comfortable devs with some experience, so you’re not necessarily helping their lives. even small startups that take interns pay at least 25k for t-fare

that’s the main reason online courses and remote work don’t favor a lot of aspiring and junior programmers.

When I was learning I had to rely on books for this simple reason, I managed to find unlimited internet later and downloaded over 120gb worth of courses from tutsgalaxy, I lost those courses shortly after when my harddrive got damaged and reverted back to books

So long story short, even if na 10k abeg epp these interns

3 Likes

Re: Remote Internship by alexmicheal500: 1:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
You can get a remote internship @ Bincom Dev Center. You can learn different skills like digital marketing, project management, python programming, PHP and MySql, Devops, Dadta Analytics and so much more. To learn more visit bincom.net

(1) (Reply)

Programmers With Experience / Why Isn't There A Decent 3D Game Of Any Kind From Nigerian Programmers? / Kenyan Launches World’s First GUI Based Software Development Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.