Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,615 members, 7,816,525 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. (4047 Views)

Is It Right Warming Up Your Car Before Setting Off Or Wrong? Explained! / Is It Right To Put Lexus Engine Into Toyota / Is It Right To Use ATF As Substitute For Power Steering Fluid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:18pm On Mar 03, 2020
This should be my first educational 2020 post on Nairaland, hope it helps someone in the near future.

Sharp Toks 2007 Toyota Rav4 driven to workshop on a Monday morning, old client That has just added to his growing fleet.

Major issues.
1. warning lights, anti skid, abs tpms.

2. Transmission flare between gear 2-3 .

3. Loud exhaust system

4. Noises from steering wheel when in use.

Diagnosis.

Went for a short test drive to asertain problems, 2, 3, and 4.

All issues were confirmed.

Vehicle scanned and there are permanent communication issues between engine ECU and ABS module.

Ran a quick check on the vin and noticed car was bought as a non runner.

Inspected engine bay for Hankey Pankey, no abuse found.

Client explains that the engine ecu has been replaced recently for certain reasons. (Original engine Ecu Available in vehicle)

Client takes his leave and I'm all alone with the car.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:21pm On Mar 03, 2020
compared part numbers on both engine ecu's and realise the replaced one had its details cleaned off so unable to asertain it's part number.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:26pm On Mar 03, 2020
Installed original engine ECU that was replaced and started the vehicle, engine started, warning lights disapeared , except for tpms, suddenly the. Check engine light came up. Scanned vehicle and got a throttle body/throttle pedal related code. Tried revving car, but it did not go past 1,000 RPM

Scanned abs unit and communication codes were no longer present .

Summary engine ECU purchased was wrong part number, also original engine ECU is defective.

Work continues

2 Likes

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:27pm On Mar 03, 2020
Original engine ECU part number

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:30pm On Mar 03, 2020
Took a trip to the market in search of 89661-42E51 No one had it in the entire Mushin ladipo market .

So I checked for it's matching equivalent online 89661-42F63, again no one seems to have it. Sat wasted we try again on Monday.

1 Like

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:32pm On Mar 03, 2020
Monday morning I receive an sms that the part I want has been found, i go down to the market to pick it up, same part number 89661-42E51 I was looking for, local man is delighted pays and leaves with a 1week guarantee.

1 Like

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:38pm On Mar 03, 2020
Installs engine Ecu on vehicle, and check engine pops up, abs pops up, antiskid pops up the tpms is a regular visitor to the meeting so not a new face on the cluster.

I didn't bother scanning, went for a test drive and car still flared between 2-3.

Summary in this particular scenario is right part number but possibly defective engine ecu.

Also possible defective transmission since 2 Engine ECU'S are flaring in same gear.

1 Like

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:41pm On Mar 03, 2020
I go back one more time and ask for the ECU to be replaced unfortunately none can be found with the part number I want, so I check for equivalent part numbers of the equivalent.

89661-42F63

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:43pm On Mar 03, 2020
89661-42F60 and 89661-42F61 were recommended as interchangeable part numbers

I request for these and I got a handful of them.

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:46pm On Mar 03, 2020
Took it back to workshop, installed and all warning lights went off after starting except for permanent resident tpms (has a faulty wheel sensor)

Test drove the car and all gears worked perfectly.

Now to the Koko of the matter.

1 Like

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
The part number 89661-42E51 was unavailable and i insisted i wanted the exact part number, the rouge part seller did not have what i wanted, because he wanted to make a sale he printed the part number i requested and pasted on the engine ECU (look carefully at the corners of the white label they are sharp, while others have smooth curved edges.

So people it's a jungle out there in mushin ladipo market, always shine your eye there are many evil spare part dealers out there.

Fake tags marked X original tag marked ok

Hope this helps someone in the future.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by Mayor555(m): 12:12am On Mar 04, 2020
Good work, well served and eye opening!

That's what they do with 1az-fe and 2az-fe engines....
Well done sir!

1 Like

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by ssppen: 12:59am On Mar 04, 2020
Educative indeed. Please more of this sir.

1 Like

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by LeJeun3: 1:52am On Mar 04, 2020

Fear Ladipo part sellers, if they can con mechanics how much more car owners?!

Rugged Jungle....

10 Likes

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by dicksonadams(m): 2:34am On Mar 04, 2020
Nice

1 Like

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by AutoElectNG: 3:48am On Mar 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
This should be my first educational 2020 post on Nairaland, hope it helps someone in the near future.

Sharp Toks 2007 Toyota Rav4 driven to workshop on a Monday morning, old client That has just added to his growing fleet.

Major issues.
1. warning lights, anti skid, abs tpms.

2. Transmission flare between gear 2-3 .

3. Loud exhaust system

4. Noises from steering wheel when in use.

Diagnosis.

Went for a short test drive to asertain problems, 2, 3, and 4.

All issues were confirmed.

Vehicle scanned and there are permanent communication issues between engine ECU and ABS module.

Ran a quick check on the vin and noticed car was bought as a non runner.

Inspected engine bay for Hankey Pankey, no abuse found.

Client explains that the engine ecu has been replaced recently for certain reasons. (Original engine Ecu Available in vehicle)

Client takes his leave and I'm all alone with the car.

Educative thread

Love the title, sometimes indeed we do it right but get it wrong, external factors calling.

About the ECU stuff it seems one gets better results importing than buying locally

I once contacted an ECU dealer in the US, he sent his parts guy to check and he told me, he would not be selling to me that the ECU I wanted to buy was under water. In Nigeria, it seems that ECU would be sun dried or air dried and sold to me.

Why not make a post on why it is wrong to purchase an ECU without a visible part number?

3 Likes

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by pragmatistm(m): 9:55am On Mar 04, 2020
Quite educative. Only the bosses can find a way around that predicament. Respect.

Many of the guys at Ladipo are con artists. @ Gazzuz be sure to get your cool dough from the car owner.
Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by ogbuefi677(m): 9:58am On Mar 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
The part number 89661-42E51 was unavailable and i insisted i wanted the exact part number, the rouge part seller did not have what i wanted, because he wanted to make a sale he printed the part number i requested and pasted on the engine ECU (look carefully at the corners of the white label they are sharp, while others have smooth curved edges.

So people it's a jungle out there in mushin ladipo market, always shine your eye there are many evil spare part dealers out there.

Fake tags marked X original tag marked ok

Hope this helps someone in the future.
Bia,this senior demeanor,why are your fingers and nails too neat?
Are you sure you are not an audio mechanic?
Talk true,when you crawl under moto last? grin

Kudos man,U sabi,maximum rispekt!

5 Likes

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:02am On Mar 04, 2020
ogbuefi677:

Bia,this senior demeanor,why are your fingers and nails too neat?
Are you sure you are not an audio mechanic?
Talk true,when you crawl under moto last?
grin

Kudos man,U sabi,maximum rispekt!

you are talking in the nonsense, you are talking in the foolish, you are talking in the rubbish, you are talking in the thing that does not have sense tongue tongue tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVE60FzPgmQ

3 Likes

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by Eddee(m): 11:51am On Mar 04, 2020
Nice thread, very educative. If dem fit run a regular and experienced hand like you streets, (even though you recovered finally), what hope is there for the regular man?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by Papadoh(m): 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2020
Abeg would anyone be so kind as to summarize all that, i'll come back to read the summary.
Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by diportivo: 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
Eddee:
Nice thread, very educative. If dem fit run a regular and experienced hand like you streets, (even though you recovered finally), what hope is there for the regular man?

2 Likes

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by Eddee(m): 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2020
[quote author=diportivo post=87159010][/quote]

My oga, this kazeem work wer I don dey learn - the obstacles don dey plenty too much abeg

1 Like

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by 9icetoo(m): 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
Eddee:
As in eh.
Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by Eddee(m): 2:42pm On Mar 04, 2020
9icetoo:

As in eh.
The part about printing part no stickers really got to me. I mean if someone can conveniently print stickers of that nature on request, nothing remain for Musa to see for gate! I mean what's the need for due diligence again at spare part markets? When na trial and error remain? Assuming he didn't get a 1 week warranty on the part?

4 Likes

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
Wow, very enlightening!

1 Like

Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2020
Eddee:

The part about printing part no stickers really got to me. I mean if someone can conveniently print stickers of that nature on request, nothing remain for Musa to see for gate! I mean what's the need for due diligence again at spare part markets? When na trial and error remain? Assuming he didn't get a 1 week warranty on the part?
Some extreme measures.....
That person should be jailed....
Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by Eddee(m): 2:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
obekediamondfuto:

Welcome back big man, its been ages
Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:59pm On Mar 04, 2020
Eddee:

Welcome back big man, its been ages

My brother, I Don small back oh....
Make my oga on NL no come for my head... Lolz
Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by Mynewdawn15: 3:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
obekediamondfuto:

My brother, I Don small back oh....
Make my oga on NL no come for my head... Lolz

Thought Legalwealth kidnapped you o.
Re: When You Do It Right And Get Wrong Results. by Mrford(m): 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
obekediamondfuto:

Immediately I saw this name, i thought i was on an old thread. Welcome back chair

(1) (2) (Reply)

My '08 Honda Accord Makes Grinding Sound At Cold Start / Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 / Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.