Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu (52758 Views)

Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump / Maurice Iwu: 'We Have Found Cure For Coronavirus' / Coronavirus: US Confirms First Death, More Cases Likely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by sarrki(m): 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2020

The Minister of Science and Technology, Dr Ogbonanya Onu, has said the United States is conducting tests on a ‘chemical compound’ isolated by ex-Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Maurice Iwu, as a possible cure for coronavirus.

He dismissed reports suggesting that Iwu had found a cure for the disease, adding that his initial finding was that the compound could cure SARS.

Onu said, “They are testing it in the US to confirm whether this could be a cure for Covid -19 or SARS
https://punchng.com/coronavirus-us-testing-maurice-iwus-drug-says-minister/

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by sarrki(m): 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2020
Good news from Nigeria

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by chatinent: 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
The US will reject it until the invention hails from their grounds.

322 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Captainrambo2: 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
If it works. The man will get a Nobel prize o

169 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Ogilinsaka: 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
Prof Iwu is a real definition of 'old soldier never dies'
Kudos to him..

264 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by DModeCntStopMe: 3:23pm On Mar 05, 2020
shocked

I will take this news with a pinch of salt

Experience they say is the best teacher, I will never swallow hook, line and sinker whatever this lying gov't and her appointees say

Don't be surprised if a statement is issued by the minister in the evening denying to have said such

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Inspectorsuga22(m): 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
Igbo amaka...
Unlike a region that all they could offer to Nigeria is terrorism...

176 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by festacman(m): 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2020
I pray it works for humanity.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by sarrki(m): 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
Inspectorsuga22:
Igbo amaka...

You personally as a person what is your achievements?

159 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by sarrki(m): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:
shocked

I will take this news with a pinch of salt

Experience they say is the best teacher, I will never shallow hook, line and sinker whatever this lying gov't and her appointees say

Don't be surprise if a statement is issued by the minister in the evening denying to have said such

Maurice iwu is neither present government official, appointee or member of the 2 notorious party Apc and pdp

21 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by BlackfireX: 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2020
Igbos:

Beast of success embedded in their DNA.

Say it , say it say it...

Igbo Amaka

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
Why do we need to have the drug tested in the US?

Are we saying we don't have labs that can test its efficacy in Nigeria?

Once the drug passes the test, they'll probably modify it to become better and claim the glory, unless...

I sure hope it cures Covid19 or whatever they call it.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by sarrki(m): 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
FrLukas:
Why do we need to have the drug tested in the US?

Are we saying we don't have labs that can test its efficacy in Nigeria?

Once the drug passes the test, they'll probably modify it to become better and claim the glory, unless...

I sure hope it cures Covid19 or whatever they call it.

I have nothing to add

You fired from all the cylinders in your upper level

Having said that what we need is the cure now

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Inspectorsuga22(m): 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2020
sarrki:

U don't need to know what are my achievement buh I'm definitely not u whose only goal and achievements in life is asslicking policitians just for a chicken fee of 30k/month

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by GamalNasser: 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
People like Mr Maurice Iwu doesn't know how the big pharma cartel operates grin grin. They never look for the cure to anything but repeat treatments protocols that can assure seasonal profit

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by DModeCntStopMe: 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2020
sarrki:

Maurice iwu is neither present government official, appointee or member of the 2 notorious party Apc and pdp
shocked

But the person that announced this is a current minister and an appointee of this devilish govt that is notorious for their lying prowess which would want to steal the shine and glory from Maurice if eventually it comes out that the said drug truly works.

So what is your point?

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by CYBERWEAVER(m): 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
Iwu is not wise at all, just imagine US testing your chemical compound. I don't want to hear theft kai

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lol, Shey that's what you like to tell yourself
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by CSTR2: 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
Captainrambo2:
If it works. The man will get a Nobel prize o
Straight.
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by maxjax(m): 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
grin Iwu on the beat again.... audio testin' undecided

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Sweetcollins: 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
A prophet is honored every place except his own town.
Keep believing in that your dream one day e go pay

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by FuckThaMod: 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
BlackfireX:
Igbos:

Beast of success embedded on there DNA.

Say it , say it say it...

Igbo Amaka
Before we start the chest beating let the drug work first na cry

10 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by positivelord: 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
Good one there.....
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Okuda(m): 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
Inspectorsuga22:
Igbo amaka...

you are a mad person. full
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by enemyofprogress: 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
chatinent:
The US will reject it until the invention hails from their grounds.
that one is for sure now. Who wan take risk with made in Aba medicine?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Perfecttouchade: 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
Great.. Nigeria to the world. If only we value what we have and as well value ourselves, we for don go far for this country..that was how China grew

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by CSTR2: 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
I hope it was patented?

Though iwu has been a scientist for too long not to know about the importance of patents.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by HacheNoire: 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
US will tell you it didn't work even if it works.

That's a constant.

US big pharmaceutical companies will be on standby now to proactively capitalize on results

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Rawtruth1: 4:23pm On Mar 05, 2020
Please let one good news come from this useless country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by lmm4real: 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
undecided Iwu grand Master of electoral wuru wuru. I wish him well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Alexanity(m): 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
As long as he knows the chemical formula, we good

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
sarrki:

Lzaa come and hear oh grin

Cc blackking98 gmbuharii

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fawaz Alabi Drowns At Ibeshe Beach In Lagos / SEE What Is Remained Of The Lady Her Police Husband Set On Fire (photos) / Man Commits Suicide Because His Wife Left Him In Ogun (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.