Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

In Need Of A Programming Mentor - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / In Need Of A Programming Mentor (1095 Views)

HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not / In Need Of A Programming Mentor.. / Do You Need A Programming Mentor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of A Programming Mentor by benedictuyi(m): 4:45am On Mar 08, 2020
Good day guys.
I'm a mern stack developer and I've taken several courses to build up my programming knowledge.
I know a bit of PHP and I build WordPress websites and blogs.

Currently I'm really in need of a mentor. Someone who can help navigate my path in the programming world. Someone who can give me directions on trending industry skills.

Just yesterday I was reading a trend of people getting remote jobs with good pay in the tech world and I'm like why am I not getting any of that. I PMed some but I know I'm likely not going to get a reply.
I know it requires hardwork, and I'm ready to pay the price.
Here I am, I've learnt a skill and mastered it to an extent, and I've reaped little to no reward for it.

Please guys who are in the industry and making it, I need you as a coach. Give me guidelines on the necessary skillsets to have.

Do I continue improving on my mern stack, or add other languages?
What do I need to get a remote developer job?

I'm ready to work hard abeg. Make una take me as una project for 2020. Point me to a path and I'll go work on myself.
10 to 20k I dy collect for WordPress websites and blogs won't cut it for me, and not like the jobs come frequently.
Re: In Need Of A Programming Mentor by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 08, 2020
Probably you should change your language and stack. For instance, if you are a Java developer and you know web application development (serverlet, jsp, tomcat, Apache, spring framework) with it, you stand a high chance of getting a good job with it or you pick Android development with Java.

I will suggest you pick up a language like Java or c# trust me by Oct you will give a testimony that you have gotten a job.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Programming Mentor by benedictuyi(m): 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2020
Re: In Need Of A Programming Mentor by benedictuyi(m): 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2020
2kaybiel:
Probably you should change your language and stack. For instance, if you are a Java developer and you know web application development (serverlet, jsp, tomcat, Apache, spring framework) with it, you stand a high chance of getting a good job with it or you pick Android development with Java.

I will suggest you pick up a language like Java or c# trust me by Oct you will give a testimony that you have gotten a job.
Thanks so much for your response. I'm going to consider android development with Java
Re: In Need Of A Programming Mentor by bry8ted(m): 10:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
Re: In Need Of A Programming Mentor by QuantumR: 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
bry8ted:

Can you handle this: I need a social network built using the MERN stack. With a landing page, that's similar to a regular website with graphics and text and this page will contain the link to the login page.
I need 2modes. Member and Supporter
The main diff...Members create posts. Supporters cant, all they can do is follow, comment, and like.
I have a gh repo and code anywhere account. with a skeleton frame/code of the project.
You can use this as the foundation to build out the platform. Roughly the same basic features as a networking site ( followers, likes, post, pics) with a few additions.
Users can post pics and videos and go live.
I'm interested in this, though i'm not pro in MERN and also not a beginner
Re: In Need Of A Programming Mentor by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
The thing is even if you learn all the stacks and you are insanely good. If you don't put yourself out there you will never get a good job. Knowing is one thing. Learning to apply to jobs, opportunities, knowing to pass coding interviews is another thing. You have to learn to be very meticulous with searching for jobs. It's not gonna come to you on a platter.

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Programming Mentor by EmZsquare: 8:11am On Jul 05, 2020
bry8ted:

Can you handle this: I need a social network built using the MERN stack. With a landing page, that's similar to a regular website with graphics and text and this page will contain the link to the login page.
I need 2modes. Member and Supporter
The main diff...Members create posts. Supporters cant, all they can do is follow, comment, and like.
I have a gh repo and code anywhere account. with a skeleton frame/code of the project.
You can use this as the foundation to build out the platform. Roughly the same basic features as a networking site ( followers, likes, post, pics) with a few additions.
Users can post pics and videos and go live.

I can do this for you in python and believe me it'll be worth it

(1) (Reply)

Seun We Need''dislike'' Buttons In The Comments Sections / Job For Web Developer In A Fintech Company / Ways Flutter Is Setting The Trend In Mobile App Development.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.