Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State (32553 Views)

Attack Threats: Lagos Under Partial Lockdown — Lagos Police Commissioner, Alabi / FG Considers Lockdown Of 18 Local Government Areas / Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by robosky02(m): 10:04am On Mar 24, 2020
Rivers Governor, Nyesom Wike has announced partial lockdown of Rivers State.

He also suspended operations of night clubs, cinemas and public parks as part of measures to prevent the coronavirus pandemic.

Though the state has not recorded any positive case of the pandemic, Wike has been rolling out measures to stop the virus from getting to Rivers, including closing public and private schools and directing restrictions in religious and transport activities.

In his latest announcement in Monday, the Governor said significant public places would remain closed till further notice beginning from March 24.

He insistee that his government was committed to protecting the residents.

Wike, in a state broadcast, directed religious groups to temporarily stop all forms of open worship and ordered the suspension of public burials and weddings.

He said: “With effect from the same date (Tuesday, March 24, 2020), all public parks, night clubs and cinemas in the State are to remain closed till further notice.

“Similarly, after due consultations with religious leaders, it was agreed that all religious organisations are to temporarily stop all forms of open worship. Public burial and wedding ceremonies are also banned within this period.

“In view of the fact that the disease spreads fast through body contact, social distance has become imperative if we are to contain the spread.

“May I, therefore call on all religious leaders, traditional rulers and opinion leaders in the State to assist government to implement these decisions by ensuring that persons under their care do not fall foul of this directive. ”

The governor further directed local government council chairmen to ensure that public burials and weddings do not take place in their respective areas.

He said: “May I emphasise that Local Government Chairmen are to be held responsible if public burials and weddings take place in their Local Government Areas.

Read Also; Wike shuts schools in Rivers
“Government will set up monitoring teams for the 23 Local Government Areas to ensure compliance. Defaulters will be seen as enemies of the State and will be made to face appropriate sanctions.

“My Dear Good People of Rivers State, the essence of governance is to protect lives and we cannot be indifferent when this COVID-19 continues to claim lives world-wide.

“We urge everyone to remain calm and maintain social distance. We shall continue to review the situation and adjust accordingly.

“Like I said in my Broadcast last Friday, these decisions may seem painful for all of us but there is no price that is too much to pay for us to stay alive”.

He said with effect from March 24, surveillance posts would be set up across the state.
https://thenationonlineng.net/wike-announces-partial-lockdown-of-rivers-over-covid-19/amp/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by wonuks(m): 10:15am On Mar 24, 2020
I'm suspecting there are cases of this virus in Rivers State but they haven't come forward yet. Please oh, we want total lockdown

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by Slawormir: 10:15am On Mar 24, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice one

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by SultanOfPuna: 10:15am On Mar 24, 2020
Na Only Old People This Virus Dey Catch

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by gambia(m): 10:15am On Mar 24, 2020
Its a welcome development, i hope people will comply.

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:15am On Mar 24, 2020
God bless rivers state
I wonder why people hate Wike. I wish he could be president of Nigeria for just a year.

I know that Corona missed its target and hit Abba Kyari. We all know who we wanted it to hit.

Can you guys see how stupid our Emergency line is? Before you finish typing this number, person don die!

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by kelvinatkins(m): 10:16am On Mar 24, 2020
That’s what happens when you leader is up and doing unlike our gworo chewing president

6 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 24, 2020
My Governor!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by realwiz1(m): 10:16am On Mar 24, 2020
Sensible governor, not that dullard in aso rock cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by cenaman(m): 10:16am On Mar 24, 2020
The fear of choronavirus is the beginning of laziness.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by Samuelaku(m): 10:16am On Mar 24, 2020
This is a nice move from the governor, u don't have to wait for it to spread before u take action.

14 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by Rotjijatau(m): 10:16am On Mar 24, 2020
Total lockdown is the only solution to this epidemic in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:17am On Mar 24, 2020
Partial?! Okay ooooo.

May God protect all our friends, neighbors, clients and loved ones in that part of the country and all Riverans as a whole.

There shall be no loss.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by Promxy94(m): 10:17am On Mar 24, 2020
Ezebunwo

4 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by Kiddinpoh(m): 10:17am On Mar 24, 2020
Long overdue
Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by Iyajelili(f): 10:17am On Mar 24, 2020
My people, is the dead meat seller crazy or what because I don't know why the meat seller suddenly starts quoting Bible verses on top Corona

4 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by themes009(m): 10:17am On Mar 24, 2020
Nice move my gov. Thank u
Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by Woliloqy77: 10:18am On Mar 24, 2020
《《《SECURE DIGITAL PLATFORM 》》》

Invest minimum of $20 (~ NGN 7,200) in for€x investments, precious metals , cryptocurrenci£s like bitcoins , ethereum etc and get up to 10 % everyday for 20 DAYS. You can start making up to ₦10,000 daily ....
[url=/IfrsRIN] >>> CLICK HERE NOW TO SIGN UP >>> [/url]

This is completely a side income program where you focus on your day to day activities while earning money on the side.
E.g: Invest N10,000 and get up to N1,000 everyday.
This platform is very legitimate.

We are aware the forex market is very volatile and returns depends on various factors, some beyond our control. So we have several cushion effect in place to ensure security of invested funds.

BANK TRANSFER, BITCOIN AND ETHEREUM ACCEPTED.

[url=/IfrsRIN] >>> CLICK HERE NOW TO SIGN UP >>> [/url]

You can WhatsApp < 0 8 0 7 2 9 8 1 5 2 8 > for more details.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by robosky02(m): 10:18am On Mar 24, 2020
Menh..

Self quarantine is sure bet now

3 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by Emmy9ite02(m): 10:18am On Mar 24, 2020
Commendable.

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 10:18am On Mar 24, 2020
Great decision
Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:19am On Mar 24, 2020
Pls 2 or 3 days notice shld be given so we can prepare
Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by chrischukszy01(m): 10:19am On Mar 24, 2020
Pls they should test major Buhari again... I don't trust the house doctor that did d test.
Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by QuickStandard: 10:19am On Mar 24, 2020
Good one.
Leaders should be proactive.

Not some kovik 1,9 fyrus leaders.

If only my governor Sanwo-Olu had some balls, the Lagos case wouldn't have been this bad.
I just pray, we all will remain safe in this crowded city.

#Wike4president

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by positivelord: 10:19am On Mar 24, 2020
hahah
Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by kaludestiny10(m): 10:19am On Mar 24, 2020
Doesn't it mean that I won't be able to travel to the state on Sunday. Because I plan going to Rivers state on Sunday from Abuja
Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by extremelygolden: 10:19am On Mar 24, 2020
A proactive governor.
Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 24, 2020
Good

Ph is Lagos part 2

They should try their best to keep this out

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 24, 2020
Sapiyr66:
《《《SECURE DIGITAL [/color]

You bastaads are the one giving crypto currency a bad name

Scaaammers
Re: Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State by hisexcellency34: 10:21am On Mar 24, 2020
Has Wike gone for test?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim / Peter Obi Arrves Osun For Labor Party Presidential Campaign Rally / "See As This Economy Don Spoil Our Nigerian Jollof" Nigerian Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.