Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? (611 Views)

Timi Frank Condemns Appointment Of Sole Administrator For NDDC / NDDC: President Buhari sacks Pondei, appoints Interim Administrator / Buhari A Joke, Unfit To Be Administrator Of Whatsapp Group- Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Edusteve(m): 9:04am On Apr 06, 2020
Good morning everyone,
Please bear with me concerning my grammatical errors. I friend of mine asked me an important question that I failed to answer properly.
He wants to learn Cisco networking but the problem here is someone was telling him that Network administrator is different from Cisco networking honestly personally I don't see much difference there.
Secondly he wants something that will put food on his table after learning it. Well I suggested he try Data Analysis which to me I believe is easy to secure work than network administrator.
So my question here is between Data Analysis and programming network administrator which do he go for? Are there any other I.T programs far better than these two?
And what's different between Cisco network and network administrator? Please help push to front page thank you
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Chiemerie8(m): 9:17am On Apr 06, 2020
I'll also like to learn from this, but I think you posted it in the wrong section. Kindly move it to the programming section.
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Edusteve(m): 9:21am On Apr 06, 2020
Chiemerie8:
I'll also like to learn from this, but I think you posted it in the wrong section. Kindly move it to the programming section.
OK moderators in the house help me move it please
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Ciscogod(m): 9:26am On Apr 06, 2020
I'm an IP engr working for an ISP,

*First Question*

if there is any difference between Network admin and Cisco Engr. The answer is easy.. Just like when someone ask of there is any difference btw toothpaste and close-up? Cisco is just a networking company that produce networking devices just like Junipa, Huawei, Nokia, UBNT , etc. all those companies engr are called Network Engr/ Network Admin,

For the second question:

The world is going into automation , When you ask about Network programming, I'm currently studying python for network engrs but believe me you.. You still need to grow your deep into how TCP/IP works first before going into network programming
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Edusteve(m): 9:35am On Apr 06, 2020
Ciscogod:
I'm an IP engr working for an ISP,

*First Question*

if there is any difference between Network admin and Cisco Engr. The answer is easy.. Just like when someone ask of there is any difference btw toothpaste and close-up? Cisco is just a networking company that produce networking devices just like Junipa, Huawei, Nokia, UBNT , etc. all those companies engr are called Network Engr/ Network Admin,

For the second question:

The world is going into automation , When you ask about Network programming, I'm currently studying python for network engrs but believe me you.. You still need to grow your deep into how TCP/IP works first before going into network programming
Thank you very much. Well to the best of my knowledge he's ready to learn in fact if not because of the lockdown situation in the country he may have started already but is good we get things cleared up now than regretting later. So you are saying Network administrator is better than data analysis right?
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Ciscogod(m): 10:23am On Apr 06, 2020
Edusteve:
Thank you very much. Well to the best of my knowledge he's ready to learn in fact if not because of the lockdown situation in the country he may have started already but is good we get things cleared up now than regretting later. So you are saying Network administrator is better than data analysis right?

I never said so, He should find his passion and go for it... Both are very broad and can fetch him good money as far as he's good at what he does

The lockdown should even be an added advantage for him to study.. Let him register with cbtnuggets.com or ine.com

1 Like

Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Edusteve(m): 10:43am On Apr 06, 2020
Ciscogod:

I never said so, He should find his passion and go for it... Both are very broad and can fetch him good money as far as he's good at what he does

The lockdown should even be an added advantage for him to study.. Let him register with cbtnuggets.com or ine.com

Thank you so much
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Ciscogod(m): 11:13am On Apr 06, 2020
Edusteve:
Thank you so much

You are welcome sir
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by AgentNairaland(f): 11:16am On Apr 06, 2020
Come Back With Your Question After The End Of Coro, Is That Clear..
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Edusteve(m): 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
AgentNairaland:
Come Back With Your Question After The End Of Coro, Is That Clear..
Why not now? Is important.
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by AgentNairaland(f): 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
Edusteve:
Why not now? Is important.

You know coro is the main issue on ground now
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by sreamsense: 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2020
Cisco is just an organization that is well known in Computer Networking industry. They produce Cisco networking tools like routers, switches and so on; they also offer international certification on Networking administration that is recognized by many private and public industries today.

Cisco name has become a brand in Networking industries. If you become a network administrator today, nobody will recognize you professionally if you don't have their certification. Even though the company that needs your service as network administrator may not have Cisco products for you to manage; they will still prefer you passed through Cisco certification before you can be recognized, even though, they use other networking tools.

As your friend do not have computer science, computer engineering or electrical electronic background; it will be a waste of time for your friend to put food on his table through it. If it were during the time when cafe was profitable and many, even without professional certification, he could have being getting a living through it. Normal practical networking skill without professional certification can not earn you a living as you wish in contemporary Nigeria environment

Data analysis depends on level you are operating at; but with the picture of your friend you are painting here; it seems you are just talking about knowing application like SPSS and the like to analysis project at student level, because it will be difficult for big organization to trust their data on somebody without professional certification or background in related academic discipline to get regular work. Therefore, it may not put last long food on your table.

To cut long story short, programming is better, not just networking programming, I meant learn general programming languages. If you are determined, disciplined and ready to overcome challenges ahead of it; you will be smilling to the bank even at your old age.

You don't need to even look for any contract job, you can create software that can solve even minor problem and sell; you can create free software like mobile app and put it on Google play, IOS store and other places for free download; while you get money logically. You can create website and sell your software worldwide. You can create software and distribute on CDs and sell across Nigeria market directly.

My friend there are many things I can not put here because of time, but programming is more profitable if you are disciplined. If you like too much entertainment, watching video, playing music, attending parties at early time of learning, I am sorry to tell you, you might not end up being good programmer because programming takes lots of your time.

Is better to learn it on full time basis if you are serious about it. I am not talking about classroom programming like programming to solve quadratic equation, average of two number, programming to compute factorial, I am talking about business and industrial programming that will put food on your table.

But for people who are passionate; another problem to overcome is to decide on which languages to learn. Languages to learn depends on which areas of programming you are interested. Is it mobile programming, desktop programming, embedded programming/IoT, web application programming or website development programming languages? Is too lenghty, I am tired of writing.

If your friend is interested in programming and you want me to guide him on the right programming language to learn to quickly acheive his aim if only he is serious and determine. PM me so we can talk via phone. Only between now and Wednesday. After Wednesday, please don't bother calling me or PM me relating to this issue because of my tight schedule, but I will spare my time within the time frame I gave to enlighten you.

1 Like

Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Edusteve(m): 11:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
sreamsense:
Cisco is just an organization that is well known in Computer Networking industry. They produce Cisco networking tools like routers, switches and so on; they also offer international certification on Networking administration that is recognized by many private and public industries today.

Cisco name has become a brand in Networking industries. If you become a network administrator today, nobody will recognize you professionally if you don't have their certification. Even though the company that needs your service as network administrator may not have Cisco products for you to manage; they will still prefer you passed through Cisco certification before you can be recognized, even though, they use other networking tools.

As your friend do not have computer science, computer engineering or electrical electronic background; it will be a waste of time for your friend to put food on his table through it. If it were during the time when cafe was profitable and many, even without professional certification, he could have being getting a living through it. Normal practical networking skill without professional certification can not earn you a living as you wish in contemporary Nigeria environment

Data analysis depends on level you are operating at; but with the picture of your friend you are painting here; it seems you are just talking about knowing application like SPSS and the like to analysis project at student level, because it will be difficult for big organization to trust their data on somebody without professional certification or background in related academic discipline to get regular work. Therefore, it may not put last long food on your table.

To cut long story short, programming is better, not just networking programming, I meant learn general programming languages. If you are determined, disciplined and ready to overcome challenges ahead of it; you will be smilling to the bank even at your old age.

You don't need to even look for any contract job, you can create software that can solve even minor problem and sell; you can create free software like mobile app and put it on Google play, IOS store and other places for free download; while you get money logically. You can create website and sell your software worldwide. You can create software and distribute on CDs and sell across Nigeria market directly.

My friend there are many things I can not put here because of time, but programming is more profitable if you are disciplined. If you like too much entertainment, watching video, playing music, attending parties at early time of learning, I am sorry to tell you, you might not end up being good programmer because programming takes lots of your time.

Is better to learn it on full time basis if you are serious about it. I am not talking about classroom programming like programming to solve quadratic equation, average of two number, programming to compute factorial, I am talking about business and industrial programming that will put food on your table.

But for people who are passionate; another problem to overcome is to decide on which languages to learn. Languages to learn depends on which areas of programming you are interested. Is it mobile programming, desktop programming, embedded programming/IoT, web application programming or website development programming languages? Is too lenghty, I am tired of writing.

If your friend is interested in programming and you want me to guide him on the right programming language to learn to quickly acheive his aim if only he is serious and determine. PM me so we can talk via phone. Only between now and Wednesday. After Wednesday, please don't bother calling me or PM me relating to this issue because of my tight schedule, but I will spare my time within the time frame I gave to enlighten you.
Thank you very much I deeply appreciate

(1) (Reply)

35 New Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria. Total 442. 152 discharged. 13 deaths / PDP Chieftain Faults Tinubu's 2023 Presidential Ambition / Obasanjo’s Ex-wife Woos Youths In Search For COVID-19 Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.