Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live (2497 Views)

Learn PHP Fast(100days Of PHP) / Join My Whatsapp Group To Learn Php / Learn PHP(OOP) And Mysql With PDO By Building A P2P Donation Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
Hey! I am Chinawapz a PHP/Laravel programmer, with 6 years of programming experience. I will be teaching full PHP course on this thread with Laravel framework for free. It will be live as all necessary information will be on this thread except only if I will make reference to some web pages.This lockdown period is when you can learn something good for your own betterment. Scroll down to start reading our theoretical guide and join our Developers Lab on Telegram to continue learning the Core coding aspect for free.

Check my signature to contact me if you want to join the telegram group or drop your telegram number as comment.

If you want us to continue this free website training thread kindly drop comment and only 5 comments will keep us going

Sponsored By: Firstdevlab

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by Ay04z(m): 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
Am here

2 Likes

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
Ay04z:
Am here
Bless you! Just stay connected with this thread, we need 4 more comments to kickstart

1 Like

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by Dilijingsly(m): 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2020
chinavs9ja:

Bless you! Just stay connected with this thread, we need 4 more comments to kickstart
AM IN

2 Likes

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 9:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
Dilijingsly:

AM IN
Bless you! Stay connected on this thread, we need 3 more comments to kickstart cool

1 Like

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by Teejazy(m): 9:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
I dey follow you.

1 Like

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2020
Teejazy:
I dey follow you.
Bless you! Stay connected on this thread, we need two more comments to kick-start tongue
Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by prizlezzlalasky(f): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2020
I'm in

2 Likes

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by hollyfat(m): 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2020
Following

2 Likes

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:
I'm in
Bless you! You are welcome to this live PHP tutorial

1 Like

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 10:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
hollyfat:
Following
Bless you! You are welcome, here I trust that you will learn as you become a professional PHP programmer
Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2020
You have made the right decision to learn PHP! Just like I made such decision 6 years ago. However, there are many web programming languages such as Python, Ruby on Rails, and many more but do you believe that PHP powers almost 76℅ of websites on internet? Yes, PHP powers the majority of the websites on the internet. So, there is higher opportunity if you are a PHP programmer. You wish to make your primary programming language to be PHP and that is why you are willing learn. Truth be told, becoming a programmer is not easy as there are many times you will study overnight as we continue with this tutorial class. cool

3 Likes

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 11:35pm On Apr 10, 2020
For us to start using PHP, you will need to install PHP, Apache and MySQL on your local server(PC). For online server, many of the web hosting has PHP, Apache, and MYSQL installed. So, you may not need to install them again on online server. I will be using localhost I.e the offline server on our PC. Kindly open your PC and be prepared to setup PHP environment.
You may ask, why do we need APACHE? Well, Apache is like a middle man between the server and your browser!

How does Apache works
Although we call Apache a web server, it is not a physical server, but rather a software that runs on a server. Its job is to establish a connection between a server and the browsers of website visitors (Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.) while delivering files back and forth between them (client-server structure). Apache is a cross-platform software, therefore it works on both Unix and Windows servers.

When a visitor wants to load a page on your website, for instance, the homepage or your “About Us” page, their browser sends a request to your server, and Apache returns a response with all the requested files (text, images, etc.). The server and the client communicate through the HTTP protocol, and the Apache software is responsible for the smooth and secure communication between the two machines.

Apache is not only the well-known webserver and others include Nginx, Apache tomcat, e.t.c.

5 Likes

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by ayinbu: 5:53am On Apr 11, 2020
Interested
Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by Ay04z(m): 7:31am On Apr 11, 2020
chinavs9ja:
For us to start using PHP, you will need to install PHP, Apache and MySQL on your local server(PC). For online server, many of the web hosting has PHP, Apache, and MYSQL installed. So, you may not need to install them again on online server. I will be using localhost I.e the offline server on our PC. Kindly open your PC and be prepared to setup PHP environment.
You may ask, why do we need APACHE? Well, Apache is like a middle man between the server and your browser!

How does Apache works
Although we call Apache a web server, it is not a physical server, but rather a software that runs on a server. Its job is to establish a connection between a server and the browsers of website visitors (Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.) while delivering files back and forth between them (client-server structure). Apache is a cross-platform software, therefore it works on both Unix and Windows servers.

When a visitor wants to load a page on your website, for instance, the homepage or your “About Us” page, their browser sends a request to your server, and Apache returns a response with all the requested files (text, images, etc.). The server and the client communicate through the HTTP protocol, and the Apache software is responsible for the smooth and secure communication between the two machines.

Apache is not only the well-known webserver and others include Nginx, Apache tomcat, e.t.c.
following oya help list the app I need to install first. Thanks. U can create a WhatsApp group as well. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 8:52am On Apr 11, 2020
As I have said earlier, we need PHP installed, webserver and MYSQL for us to build a working website right from our local server (Computer). Choosing the right web server is simple as it is dependent on what you need. Apache is the most popular server software while apache uses the thread-based structure which means owners of traffic-heavy websites may encounter performance problems when 10,000 users are sending request to the server at the same time. Apache webserver won't be able to handle more than 10,000 requests at the same time which is called c10k problem. However, Nginx is one of the web servers that address the c10k problem and probably the most successful one. If you see a web hosting offering you Apache as a web server you should know the weak point, don't misquote me I am not saying Apache is bad. In fact, it is very reliable and easy to operate but the c10k problem makes many webmaster to switch over to Nginx or any other webserver.

1 Like

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 9:01am On Apr 11, 2020
Ay04z:
following oya help list the app I need to install first. Thanks. U can create a WhatsApp group as well. Cheers
We need to install the following:
1. PHP
2. APACHE
3. MYSQL
Do you know that instead of installing all these softwares differently we can simply install just one which will run all what you need to get your website running. XAMPP is the cross platform application that we need to install. Well, we have alternative softwares such as XAMPP and WAMPP but I strongly recommend XAMPP especially for beginners.
The acronym XAMPP stands for:

X – [cross platform operating systems] meaning it can run on any OS Mac OX , Windows , Linux etc.
A – Apache - this is the web server software.
M – MySQL - Database.
P – PHP
P – Perl – scripting language

Visit this http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
Download the XAMPP setup from their website
Run the setup and you will see the picture below:

2 Likes

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2020
You must be able to know the pathway that you save your Xampp folder. On my own PC, I have it installed on my local drive (C:\) after you have installed the Xampp kindly navigate to where you have your Xampp folder on your local drive, enter into the folder and hover to the three major folders that we need. as shown below;

htdocs: This is the web root directory. All of our PHP codes will be placed in this directory.

MYSQL: This directory contains all the information related to MySQL database engine, by default it runs on port 3306.

PHP: This directory contains PHP installation files. It contains an important file named php.ini. This directory is used to configure how PHP behaves on your server.

2 Likes

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by rrreer: 9:22am On Apr 11, 2020
Following and I have downloaded the XAMP

2 Likes

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 9:27am On Apr 11, 2020
Whenever we want to run our PHP on our browser such as chrome or Firefox, we would have to open the Xampp control panel and start the Apache, and MYSQL as shown below:

Although you may want to perform some tweak like changing your PHP version and other things you can easily do that on your php.ini file inside PHP folder in your Xampp folder. But never mind to touch anything inside any folder as we would only focus on the htdocs folder for now. The htdocs folder is where we will have our PHP script install it is like public_html folder on your online server

3 Likes

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 9:32am On Apr 11, 2020
rrreer:
Following and I have downloaded the XAMP
Nice! Have you install it?
Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by herveze: 10:03am On Apr 11, 2020
Thank you so much for this,I have been looking for this online but you are giving me for free here, God will give energy to finish this with us.Amen.

1 Like

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 10:31am On Apr 11, 2020
herveze:
Thank you so much for this,I have been looking for this online but you are giving me for free here, God will give energy to finish this with us.Amen.
Amen...thanks for your encouragement and prayer. May thy Lord bless you!

1 Like

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 10:55am On Apr 11, 2020
Now I believe we have our PHP, Apache, MYSQL installed on our local machine through Xampp...we are not far away from writing our PHP code but before that we need to install PHP IDE on our PC! What is an IDE? An integrated development environment (IDE) is a software suite that consolidates basic tools required to write and test software.
Developers use numerous tools throughout software code creation, building and testing. Development tools often include text editors, code libraries, compilers and test platforms. Without an IDE, a developer must select, deploy, integrate and manage all of these tools separately. It is optional to choose either to use IDE or install it separately. Example of PHP IDE is the Netbeans. But the truth is that configuration of Netbeans may not be easy for beginners. Instead, I will only recommend to just install code editor since we have PHP environment (Our Xampp). So, we are installing Sublime Text 3 on our PC as we will be needing it to write our PHP code.

Visit: https://www.sublimetext.com/3

1 Like

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by Ay04z(m): 11:35am On Apr 11, 2020
chinavs9ja:

We need to install the following:
1. PHP
2. APACHE
3. MYSQL
Do you know that instead of installing all these softwares differently we can simply install just one which will run all what you need to get your website running. XAMPP is the cross platform application that we need to install. Well, we have alternative softwares such as XAMPP and WAMPP but I strongly recommend XAMPP especially for beginners.
The acronym XAMPP stands for:

X – [cross platform operating systems] meaning it can run on any OS Mac OX , Windows , Linux etc.
A – Apache - this is the web server software.
M – MySQL - Database.
P – PHP
P – Perl – scripting language

Visit this http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
Download the XAMPP setup from their website
Run the setup and you will see the picture below:
big thanks bro. Following

1 Like

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by chinavs9ja(m): 11:59am On Apr 11, 2020
After downloading Sublime Text 3, you will need to Install it by following the following steps:

Step 1 − Now, run the executable file. This defines the environment variables. When you run the executable file. Click Next.

Step 2− Now, choose a destination location to install Sublime Text3 and click Next.

Step 3 − Verify the destination folder and click Install.

Step 4 − Now, click Finish to complete the installation.

Step 5 − Upon a successful installation, your editor will be ready for use.

1 Like

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by tolimaxman: 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
Most Interested candidate been looking for this
Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by firstdevlab(m): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
tolimaxman:
Most Interested candidate been looking for this
We would do all our best to see you becoming a great PHP programmer
Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by 123chris: 7:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
This is really nice
Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by Ay04z(m): 8:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
Yet to install my app. But will surely install. It. Wen nepa bring the light soon. My gen been faulty. Thanks o. P. For this opportunity given to us for free. God will continue to bless u.

1 Like

Re: Learn PHP Language On This Thread Live by firstdevlab(m): 9:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ay04z:
Yet to install my app. But will surely install. It. Wen nepa bring the light soon. My gen been faulty. Thanks o. P. For this opportunity given to us for free. God will continue to bless u.
Amen...you can join our Tutorial Centre on Skype through this link: https://join.skype.com/kfGe15pUNcf4

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Post New Topics And Adverts / Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? / Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.