Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,365 members, 7,780,998 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:14 AM

How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript (1626 Views)

Fetch Data From An API In React Using Functional Components / Does Opay Have An Api / Building An API In Node.js And Taking It Live On A VPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by naishare: 8:01am On Apr 17, 2020
If you are warming up to become a front-end developer, then knowing how to extract data from an API is vital. APIs are developed by back-end developers and can be accessed by a HTTP request.

https://www.naishare.com/blog/how-to-retrieve-data-from-an-api-using-fetch-api-in-javascript
Re: How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by Jabi200: 9:07am On Apr 18, 2020
looks like you started with array destructuring
Re: How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by naishare: 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
Jabi200:
looks like you started with array destructuring

Exactly
Re: How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by Jabi200: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2020
Where can I find free APIs?
Re: How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by naishare: 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2020
Jabi200:
Where can I find free APIs?

There are so many, just google
Re: How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by chivirunum(f): 10:38am On May 03, 2020
Can I use fetch with php?
Re: How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by Karlebolu(m): 3:55pm On May 04, 2020
chivirunum:

Yes.
Re: How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by Karlebolu(m): 4:00pm On May 04, 2020
Making ajax call these days has become super easy.

Aside fetch, we have: request, async/wait, axios, this.$http...

Funny thing is, you can develop your own if you know how, by why re-invent the wheel unless of course you want to learn.

If you were born in the 80s, you could do:

let xmlHttp = new XMLHttpRequest();

No sin in that.
Re: How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by naishare: 10:42am On May 07, 2020
Karlebolu:
Making ajax call these days has become super easy.

Aside fetch, we have: request, async/wait, axios, this.$http...

Funny thing is, you can develop your own if you know how, by why re-invent the wheel unless of course you want to learn.

If you were born in the 80s, you could do:

let xmlHttp = new XMLHttpRequest();

No sin in that.

Well Said
Re: How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by naishare: 7:51am On May 10, 2020
chivirunum:
Have you done some research
Re: How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by Jabi200: 10:45am On May 12, 2020
Object destructuring is very cool
Re: How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by LSarcastic: 12:40am On May 14, 2020
chivirunum:

Usage of an API is independent of the language used to develop the API. Yes, you can.
Re: How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by chivirunum(f): 1:24pm On May 17, 2020
LSarcastic:

Usage of an API is independent of the language used to develop the API. Yes, you can.

Thx

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript by naishare: 3:03pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=LSarcastic post=89522364]

Usage of an API is independent of the language used to develop the API. Yes, you can.[/quote ]
Very true

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About ALX Software Engineering - Ask Anything / Free Software Download From MicroSoft And Dreamspark For Students / How To Embbed Gps In A Search Engine(j2me)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.