Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (665 Views)

The Most Common Misconception About Prayer That Need To Be Corrected / Misconception About A Verse In The Qur'an By Those Who Claim To Be Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 18, 2020
Re: . by Sammie1090: 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
Rozz:
Why do people especially men believes that church ladies should look shabby, unkempt and unattractive and if otherwise then you are a hypocrite,pretender and lot more.Where is it written to be so?looking good is Godly as far as I know or am I getting it wrong?

What's your denomination?
Re: . by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
Rozz:
Why do people especially men believes that church ladies should look shabby, unkempt and unattractive and if otherwise then you are a hypocrite,pretender and lot more.Where is it written to be so?looking good is Godly as far as I know or am I getting it wrong?
you are an attention seeker, take it from me.
Ashàwo!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2020
beardlessdude:
you are an attention seeker, take it from me.
Ashàwo!
Why are you harsh Sir, did I unknowingly offend you?sorry.so what do you think regarding the topic?

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
Rozz:

My dear, the Bible did not say that a woman should not look attractive. It is a misinterpretation of the scriptures that made some people teach that.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2020
JMAN05:

My dear, the Bible did not say that a woman should not look attractive. It is a misinterpretation of the scriptures that made some people teach that.
Thank you, many thinks otherwise
Re: . by helinues: 7:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
Nobody will complain if you dress moderately

1 Like

Re: . by Myer(m): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2020
Sammie1090:

What's your demonination?

I see what you did there. Lol deep.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2020
Myer:

I know too and that's why I didn't reply him
Re: . by Myer(m): 10:33am On Apr 19, 2020
Rozz:

There's nothing wrong in looking good. It's being overly sexually provocative that believers and even some unbelievers have a problem with.

1 Like

Re: . by Sammie1090: 12:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
Rozz:

can you reply me now

1 Like

Re: . by Sammie1090: 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
Myer:

It's typo error
Re: . by cj4humanity: 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
God made man in His image (liking) when you dress well as a good Christian you'll definitely know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Hiswordxray(m): 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2020
Here is a link to a book that explain more about the truth on the issue of dressing. Just a chapter would though, but it would greatly open your eyes.
https://christcenteredans.files./2020/04/christ-the-christian-spirituality-by-david-emechete-sample-book.pdf
Re: . by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
Purity of the heart is what God sees and, decent and beautiful appearance is what human sees. Therefore, they co-exist.

Physical appearance is the condition and motive of the heart, hence the decency and modesty through God's working power and fruit of His Spirit in you.

Looking shabby is NOT a divine qualification of God's righteousness. Its an act of biblical illiteracy and self righteouness which displeases God....!

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE BEFORE ALL MEN- Manifestation of light is "cleanliness, modesty, decency," godliness, purity, discipline, divine character of humility, gentleness, love, joy, and peace, so on...

God taught Moses and his people the importance of cleanliness and dress code before meeting Him at the mount. NOT necessarily must it be expensive, but looking good and neat is acceptable before our Lord.

Though there are ungodly code of appearance which God hates, but through the Spirit in you, He will teach you ALL THINGS (1 John 2:27), i.e He convicts your sin when erred.

1 Like

Re: . by adegeye38(m): 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
Rozz:
a Christian lady should look modest and simple, but not shabby and unkempt.
Your definition of attractive depends on your perspective... A Christian lady should be attractive by the Spirit of God in her and not by her physical attributes only.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wolgrace:
Purity of the heart is what God sees and, decent and beautiful appearance is what human sees. Therefore, they co-exist.

Physical appearance is the condition and motive of the heart, hence the decency and modesty through God's working power and fruit of His Spirit in you.

Looking shabby is NOT a divine qualification of God's righteousness. Its an act of biblical illiteracy and self righteouness which displeases God....!

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE BEFORE ALL MEN- Manifestation of light is "cleanliness, modesty, decency," godliness, purity, discipline, divine character of humility, gentleness, love, joy, and peace, so on...

God taught Moses and his people the importance of cleanliness and dress code before meeting Him at the mount. NOT necessarily must it be expensive, but looking good and neat is acceptable before our Lord.

Though there are ungodly code of appearance which God hates, but through the Spirit in you, He will teach you ALL THINGS (1 John 2:27), i.e He convicts your sin when erred.
Thanks Sir, God bless you
Re: . by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
Rozz:
Thanks Sir, God bless you

Thanks to God. Bless you ma.

1 Like

Re: . by MuttleyLaff: 4:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
Rozz:
Why do people especially men believes that church ladies should look shabby, unkempt and unattractive and if otherwise then you are a hypocrite, pretender and lot more. Where is it written to be so? looking good is Godly as far as I know or am I getting it wrong?
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
Ladies should look shabby, unkempt and unattractive?
Doesnt add up. God is not shabby, unkempt and unattractive, why would anyone think His sons/daughters should

Sammie1090:
What's your demonination?

Myer:

Rozz:

Sammie1090:
It's typo error
Nah, its whats called, a Freudian slip, lol

MuttleyLaff:
Its disheartening that upon all the schooling you've freely gotten from me, you still havent yet picked on that there is no denomination in the kingdom of Heaven. You still have no idea that God is denomination agnostic, lol
Re: . by xproducer: 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
Rozz:

============

@Rozz - One need only be as clean and presentable as one can be. At the end of the day, whether man or woman, a true Christian believer doesn't want to become a deliberate distraction to anyone else at any time, especially in Church. Here is what the holy Bible says about clothing:

"My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality. For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes, and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, “You sit here in a good place,” and say to the poor man, “You stand there,” or, “Sit here at my footstool,” have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?
" - James 2:1-5 (Lesson: treat everyone with love & respect - including the poor who come to worship in Church, who may be poorly dressed... because GOD looks at the heart, not what a person is wearing).

When GOD sent the prophet Samuel to pick one of Jesse's sons to replace Saul as king of Israel, Samuel thought the first son (Eliab) would be the one because of his physical appearance, "But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” -1 Samuel 16:7

"Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious." -1 Peter 3:1-4

"I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling; likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works." - 1 Timothy 2:8-10

Lesson - Whether man, or woman - GOD looks at your heart, and spiritual robes/clothing of righteousness that only HE can give (Isaiah 61:10, Revelation 22:14); not your physical clothing.

Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things." - Matthew 6:31-32

Peace & blessings!

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
xproducer:

============

@Rozz - One need only be as clean and presentable as one can be. At the end of the day, whether man or woman, a true Christian believer doesn't want to become a deliberate distraction to anyone else at any time, especially in Church. Here is what the holy Bible says about clothing:

"My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality. For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes, and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, “You sit here in a good place,” and say to the poor man, “You stand there,” or, “Sit here at my footstool,” have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?
" - James 2:1-5 (Lesson: treat everyone with love & respect - including the poor who come to worship in Church, who may be poorly dressed... because GOD looks at the heart, not what a person is wearing).

When GOD sent the prophet Samuel to pick one of Jesse's sons to replace Saul as king of Israel, Samuel thought the first son (Eliab) would be the one because of his physical appearance, "But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” -1 Samuel 16:7

"Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious." -1 Peter 3:1-4

"I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling; likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works." - 1 Timothy 2:8-10

Lesson - Whether man, or woman - GOD looks at your heart, and spiritual robes/clothing of righteousness that only HE can give (Isaiah 61:10, Revelation 22:14); not your physical clothing.

Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things." - Matthew 6:31-32

Peace & blessings!

Thank you sir, God bless you

(1) (Reply)

They Were Caught Using Hijab To Steal Food During Ramadan / Lord Raise A Reuben For Me / Archbishop Iyke Nathan Uzorma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.