Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Having Difficulty Running An Application Built With Visual Studio 2017. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Having Difficulty Running An Application Built With Visual Studio 2017. (1019 Views)

Chat Application Built With MERN / Help With Visual Studio Code... / Who Knows How To Edit A Wordpress Website And Work With Visual Composer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Difficulty Running An Application Built With Visual Studio 2017. by wapSmart(m): 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2020
I have this Software i built using Visual studio 2017 but on sending it to another computer it is displaying

a network related or instance specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL server. The server was not found or was not accessible. verify that the inheritance name is correct and that SQL SERVER is configured to allow remote connection. (provider SQL Network Interfaces, error 26 - Error locating server/Instance specified.

Note... 1. The software was built using Visual Studio 2017 and i use the inbuilt server(I did not use any SQL server software)

2. The software run smoothly on my system(the one i used in building it)

Please house, how can I resolve this issue

Re: Having Difficulty Running An Application Built With Visual Studio 2017. by HMMD: 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2020
I'm no dot.net person, but I think you need to copy the app's database directory along with the app while transferring it to the other PC. Or you should have a function that create a new instance of the database upon installation/first run.
Re: Having Difficulty Running An Application Built With Visual Studio 2017. by wapSmart(m): 8:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
HMMD:
I'm no dot.net person, but I think you need to copy the app's database directory along with the app while transferring it to the other PC. Or you should have a function that create a new instance of the database upon installation/first run.

How am I to go about this
Re: Having Difficulty Running An Application Built With Visual Studio 2017. by ubsky(m): 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/a-network-related-or-instance-specific-error-occurred/
Go through that page you will get a solution,you should also learn how to make you use of Google/stack overflow it will help you a lot.....
Re: Having Difficulty Running An Application Built With Visual Studio 2017. by wapSmart(m): 9:08pm On Apr 19, 2020
ubsky:
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/a-network-related-or-instance-specific-error-occurred/
Go through that page you will get a solution,you should also learn how to make you use of Google/stack overflow it will help you a lot.....

Ok sir..

Thanks
Re: Having Difficulty Running An Application Built With Visual Studio 2017. by ubsky(m): 9:12pm On Apr 19, 2020
wapSmart:

Ok sir..

Thanks
u re welcome bro

(1) (Reply)

Yes, You Can Learn Web Development With Your Phone. Don't Give Up Yet / Do We Have Developers In Nigeria That Build And Sell Custom Themes? / Full Stack Programmer Instructor Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.