Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (552 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 28, 2020
Re: . by choo: 9:17am On Apr 28, 2020
Rozz:
Truly I have heard alot of things concerning the Roman Catholics but when it comes to religion,everyone believes they have chosen the right path(may almighty God be our guide)but here is what I know about Roman Catholics but it could be false hence I need an insight of what Roman Catholic is truly all about.Prior to the time of Constantines conversion ,christains were persecuted not so much for their profession of faith in Christ ,but because they would not include pagan dieties in their faith as well,then with Constantines emphasis on making the new found Christianity palatable to the empire,the christianization of these pagan dieties was facilitated,example is where pagan rituals and idols gradually took on christian meanings and names and were incorporated into Christian worship.(e. g Saints replaced by the cult of pagan gods in both worship and as patrons of cities,mother and son status were renamed as Mary and Jesus and so on),and pagan holidays were reclassified as Christians holy days(example is the Roman Lucerpalia and an ancient festival of the dead was replaced by All souls day rededicated to christian heroes Now Halloween. A transition occured and instead of being persecuted for failure to worship pagan dieties,christians who did not agree with the particular orthodoxy backed by the emperor were now persecuted in the name of Christ.Roman Catholic way of worship is really difficult to understand.Why have they choose to worship Mary and everything associated with them are more of Mary.Why Mary and not Jesus?

Not to sure it's okay for we Christians to be at each others denomination. Serve God, the only true God who made heaven and earth and leave all these issues. By the way I'm Anglican. Stick on the principle abi denomination you're comfortable with. Hope I didn't make you feel bad.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 28, 2020
choo:

Not to sure it's okay for we Christians to be at each others denomination. Serve God, the only true God who made heaven and earth and leave all these issues. By the way I'm Anglican. Stick on the principle abi denomination you're comfortable with. Hope I didn't make you feel bad.
you ain't getting it, I'm not against any denomination but wants some clarification to some extent about the Roman Catholic.No you didn't
Re: . by karo93: 9:34am On Apr 28, 2020
The roman catholics have queer doctrines that were no doubt affected by the cultures around which christianity grew in those days. Like normal religions of rhe day, it is full of rites and rituals.

Either way, they believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. They are christians not cultists.

In many years the current denominations will also be established on strange rites.... some with their battle praying styles, others centred around prayer mountains, holy waters, anointing oils.... thats how it starts....

1 Like

Re: . by mikaeli01: 9:45am On Apr 28, 2020
You give a very good and simple reply. Very simple for anyone to understand.
Roman Catholic is never an occult group and can never be.
Re: . by bluefilm: 10:22am On Apr 28, 2020
Rozz:
you ain't getting it, I'm not against any denomination but wants some clarification to some extent about the Roman Catholic.No you didn't

If you need those clarifications like say your life depends on it, then why don't you write the pope?

I believe he will tell you everything you want to know.

Clarifications gbukwee gi dia.

Onye iberibe.

Nonsense. sad

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
bluefilm:

If you need those clarifications like say your life depends on it, then why don't you write the pope?

I believe he will tell you everything you want to know.

Clarifications gbukwee gi dia.

Onye iberibe.

Nonsense. sad
ha!you didn't need to insult me,sorry if my post seems somehow

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2020
choo:

I really do not have anything against Catholics,i just asked some questions.funny,why will I feel bad
Re: . by davidinchrist(m): 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
Rozz:
Truly I have heard alot of things concerning the Roman Catholics but when it comes to religion,everyone believes they have chosen the right path(may almighty God be our guide)but here is what I know about Roman Catholics but it could be false hence I need an insight of what Roman Catholic is truly all about.Prior to the time of Constantines conversion ,christains were persecuted not so much for their profession of faith in Christ ,but because they would not include pagan dieties in their faith as well,then with Constantines emphasis on making the new found Christianity palatable to the empire,the christianization of these pagan dieties was facilitated,example is where pagan rituals and idols gradually took on christian meanings and names and were incorporated into Christian worship.(e. g Saints replaced by the cult of pagan gods in both worship and as patrons of cities,mother and son status were renamed as Mary and Jesus and so on),and pagan holidays were reclassified as Christians holy days(example is the Roman Lucerpalia and an ancient festival of the dead was replaced by All souls day rededicated to christian heroes Now Halloween. A transition occured and instead of being persecuted for failure to worship pagan dieties,christians who did not agree with the particular orthodoxy backed by the emperor were now persecuted in the name of Christ.Roman Catholic way of worship is really difficult to understand.Why have they choose to worship Mary and everything associated with them are more of Mary.Why Mary and not Jesus?

As a Catholic/Pentecostal by birth, I'm sorry, but I must warn everyone who cares to listen. Start taking Jesus' Words far more seriously than that of ANY Church or Man.

Start IMITATING the Berean Christians, unlike the Thessalonican Christians, they SEARCHED the scriptures Daily to SEE that what the Apostles taught were True. The Holy Spirit Saw that, and was impressed. (Act 17:11)

The problem is that we ARE NOT serious, that's why everything our Pastors/Father/Pope/Bishop says or does Must be true; but the Words of Jesus? 'Huh, Jesus can Wait!' 'What they preach in my Daddy/Mummy's Church/denomination is terribly more important!'

Perhaps, our church or religious leaders are now closer to God the Father than Jesus himself?Hence, they are the way, the truth and the life?

It's terrible to realize how we focus on Church traditions/rituals/routines, and shut out the words of Jesus according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

John 14:15 KJV
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Colossians 2:8,18 KJV
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

[18] Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind.

Matthew 15:3 KJV
But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Luke 13:24,27 KJV
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
[27] But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

May We Humble Ourselves so as to get Light On Dead Religion of Men.

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
davidinchrist:

As a Catholic/Pentecostal by birth, I'm sorry, but I must warn everyone who cares to listen. Start taking Jesus' Words far more seriously than that of ANY Church or Man.

Start IMITATING the Berean Christians, unlike the Thessalonican Christians, they SEARCHED the scriptures Daily to SEE that what the Apostles taught were True. The Holy Spirit Saw that, and was impressed. (Act 17:11)

The problem is that we ARE NOT serious, that's why everything our Pastors/Father/Pope/Bishop says or does Must be true; but the Words of Jesus? 'Huh, Jesus can Wait!' 'What they preach in my Daddy/Mummy's Church/denomination is terribly more important!'

Perhaps, our church or religious leaders are now closer to God the Father than Jesus himself?Hence, they are the way, the truth and the life?

It's terrible to realize how we focus on Church traditions/rituals/routines, and shut out the words of Jesus according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

John 14:15 KJV
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Colossians 2:8,18 KJV
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

[18] Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind.

Matthew 15:3 KJV
But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Luke 13:24,27 KJV
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
[27] But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

May We Humble Ourselves so as to get Light On Dead Religion of Men.

May Jesus Bless You.
I totally agree with all you typed amen to your prayers
Re: . by donnie(m): 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2020
RCC with all her children, including your own church are occultic and unscriptural.
Re: . by bluefilm: 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
Rozz:
ha!you didn't need to insult me,sorry if my post seems somehow

Sorry for yourself.

Actually, I was only trying to point you to the right direction for accessing the answers to the issues you raised.

... And then I got carried away! grin
Re: . by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 28, 2020
bluefilm:

Sorry for yourself.

Actually, I was only trying to point you to the right direction for accessing the answers to the issues you raised.

... And then I got carried away! grin
ok.i have actually taken the post down.Hope you are cool now.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 28, 2020
donnie:
RCC with all her children, including your own church are occultic and unscriptural.
lol
Re: . by bluefilm: 3:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
Rozz:
ok.i have actually taken the post down.Hope you are cool now.

Yeah

So cool now

So, how are you doing?
Re: . by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
bluefilm:

Yeah
So cool now
So, how are you doing?
im cool
Re: . by bluefilm: 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
Rozz:
im cool

That's good to hear.

Keep keeping safe okay?

Issues of church are best alone.

Catholic church was here when we came.

Catholic church will still be here when we are gone.

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses Why Are Your Members Very Different From What Is In The Book / COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? / Is Bill Gates Really An Antichrist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.