Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Dbase Iv Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Dbase Iv Programming (1286 Views)

Dbase Form Language Elements / Java Interface Connection To Database(ms Access Or Java Dbase) / Visual Dbase? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dbase Iv Programming by apristos: 1:56pm On Jun 08, 2007
Can anyone help me out with Dbase IV program source. I need it so as to convert the program to another programming.
I lost it to virus. Please come to me aid with this.
Re: Dbase Iv Programming by uspry1(f): 6:19pm On Jun 08, 2007
I used to be Dbase IV way back 20 years ago. Are you familiar with using ODBC (Open DataBase Connection) to import your existing Dbase IV files to other database software such as MS-Access, MySQL, MS-SQL, Borland Paradox, Lotus Approach, Oracle, goes on?

Other alternative, you'll find that the DBF's are actually just long text files with a header that tells you where each field begins so MsAccess, Borland Paradox, or Lotus Approach could import the data and you could then update it to a more current and, dare I say it, a better supported platform. Failing that a spreadsheet might be able to manipulate the data for you.

Use google search for "ODBC" or "Database to database convert" tutorial. Good luck!!!

(1) (Reply)

Want To Know About Programmer Opportunities / Ms Sql Server / Zend And Dojo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.