Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:09 PM

Runner Ups - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Runner Ups (131 Views)

Anambra State Students Emerge Runner-up In Global SDGs Competition In US / 5 Benefits Of Doing Push Ups Every Day | Push Ups Benefits / EDF Pulse Africa Awards For Nigerian Start-ups(win Up To €30,000 In Prizes) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Runner Ups by BenAkinpelumi(m): 11:06pm On May 08, 2020
As I start please no hard feelings , there no point being sentimental about anything, let's be factual and serious,For those FOLLOWING only
4 contestants in a competition, 1 has to win , so we focus on the winners , but what about the runner ups, what's left of the.
In one way or the other we've all been in this shoe , we chase the gold we get the silver if not bronze or nothing at all, sometimes the world seems not to be interested in us, that feeling coming down the podium, not being the best .
Despite the fact that you too burned candles , had sleepless nights you tried your best , but why��‍♂ why are you not the best
One thing we have to understand is every competition has 2 PHASES that's
)D'phisical�
2)Your mind�
When you're in a competition of any sort , your mental ability should be connected to your mind , you have remember science has no way of proving anything about the mind, as it does to your mental ability, so to win you've got to pull in all you've got , because what can't be seen can't be explained but can be understood , which is why your mind should be your master tool in achieving what you want.
So, the thing is when you lose and tagged a runner up, this means you're almost there!
But listen you don't have to feel bad, the question is ask yourself did I really not win , that's in your mind because on a normal terms, if you don't prepare you wouldn't have gone this far , I want you to know that life's not always About winning, but about how we rise when we fall, how we survived and keep on pushing , also understand that when you improve a bit in your system which is As a result of your putting a little effort to achieve something, it doesn't mean you have to win , what matters is you winning in your mind, it helps.
The hormone responsible for the improvement of your psyche is being secreted from your mind and not your body system, remember AS A MAN THINKS SO HE IS
Let me share you 2 life story of which I'm the subject
It will help.
I did my best to prepare for a poetry competition, I tried everything possible, though I didn't burn night candles, when it's not chm309�.
But trust me I mastered every line of poetry read almost some if not all of some reconned poets in the world, and instead of me focus on 1 and mimicking 1 poet way of writing, I merged all together and find a balance, I submitted 100 written poetry for the competition 67 was selected 1 imagine just 1 made it to the finals and that's the one they felt is the best amongst the rest, so I have to recite the poem the conference , one the final day��‍♂
I don't do spoken poetry but , I am permitted to read my script, no this is where I'm going to, 15 of us made it to the finals and I happen to be the only one who will read a script, which means the rest are sound in spoken poetry ��‍♂,I didn't bother.
The final competition started , to cut it short , we were at the elimination stage of the competition , so we were remaining 3 contestants , I was shivering on my legs , cold( afraid, of the 3 I was the second person to present as usual I brought out my script , requested for a slow undertaker and flowed with the rym.
After I'm done, I wasn't feeling happy with myself, I know I haven't done well to my satisfaction, I was down inside and felt bad,
I was telling myself I failed
So, everyone presented that night ,and that's the final stage , the other 2 girls were so overwhelming and mind blowing,
They were both analysed based on there charisma, vocabulary speed, time interlock and there poetic interface,
So when I was analysed I was crowned the best , you know why , that's because I was reading my writing poem from a script , so I know everything i wanted to say , I was the best , �� because Based on technical set up I'm balanced , but I wasn't happy , because I know I can't be the best if I'm SPEAKING without a script like the others, they're are speaking from there minds, so that was how I loosed in my mind Even when I win in the physic
So, when you loose in your mind no inner peace

(1) (Reply)

Get SAP C_CP_11 Updated Questions For Guaranteed Success / Don’t Give Up On Your CITN Career…….. You Can Still Register And Pass / How To Calculate Adsense Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.