Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Auction Export Scammers! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Auction Export Scammers! (2972 Views)

My Terrible Experience Buying A Car From Auction Export / Auction Export Vs Copart / Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auction Export Scammers! by okson2003: 6:40am On May 11, 2020
Lately last year, I initiated bidding for a vehicle at auction export site, I checked the vehicle history report which I normally do & it was clearly stated by auction export as "ENGINE STARTS, RUN AND DRIVE" , I then bided and worn the bid at total price of $16,808 which I then paid auction export immediately, was then waiting for my vehicle to be shipped, only for auction export to mail me again that the vehicle is not starting, I have to pay for towing.
I rejected the vehicle quoting the status of the vehicle auction export previously presented before I purchased the car. They replied that their inspector made mistake at the inspection site & got that result.

In conclusion, Auction export ended up removing about $1,600 extra from my account I have with them for inland freight & ocean freight cost because the vehicle could not start then shipped the vehicle to me. Then when I received the vehicle, it was not starting, took to workshop and inspected the engine, the engine block & top cylinder was completely broken which I must to spend more than $10,000 to buy another engine.

Action export be one chance company.
They have so much politics in their business and they aren't truthful or sincere, they don't accept responsibility of their fault or failure

4 Likes

Re: Auction Export Scammers! by Hoodbilonia: 6:49am On May 11, 2020
Why cant u buy in naija
Nw u loose
Hahahaha
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by nnatobryno(m): 6:58am On May 11, 2020
You just weren't lucky
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by OsuIgboIpob: 7:11am On May 11, 2020
okson2003:
Lately last year, I initiated bidding for a vehicle at auction export site, I checked the vehicle history report which I normally do & it was clearly stated by auction export as "ENGINE STARTS, RUN AND DRIVE" , I then bided and worn the bid at total price of $16,808 which I then paid auction export immediately, was then waiting for my vehicle to be shipped, only for auction export to mail me again that the vehicle is not starting, I have to pay for towing.
I rejected the vehicle quoting the status of the vehicle auction export previously presented before I purchased the car. They replied that their inspector made mistake at the inspection site & got that result.

In conclusion, Auction export ended up removing about $1,600 extra from my account I have with them for inland freight & ocean freight cost because the vehicle could not start then shipped the vehicle to me. Then when I received the vehicle, it was not starting, took to workshop and inspected the engine, the engine block & top cylinder was completely broken which I must to spend more than $10,000 to buy another engine.

They have so much politics in their business and they aren't truthful or sincere, they don't accept responsibility of their fault or failure
Can't they be sued?
Can't you have rejected the vehicle completely and ask for full refund?
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by nifemi25(m): 7:32am On May 11, 2020
You could have stopped the transaction immediately they send you an email that the car is not moving and you need to pay for towing vehicle....i will advice you sue that if that will be possible.
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by Trustme2(m): 7:36am On May 11, 2020
This thread go sweet die. Space booked. Singing "Finally ooit's about to go down". Waiting for the elders of this Auto Forum
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by thecuteone(m): 8:59am On May 11, 2020
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by Gkemz: 9:14am On May 11, 2020
6m plus additional 576,000 naira you wasted on a dead car is enough to get you a good foreign used SUV from Andman or any of our reliable car dealers but you just wasted such huge amount. And to fix the car, you still need extra 10,000 dollars which is equivalent to 3.7m, enough to buy Lexus Es350 or 2012 Camry

2 Likes

Re: Auction Export Scammers! by sats: 10:01am On May 11, 2020
$10,000 for new engine?
That will get another car nicely
No stress
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by Export1: 11:25am On May 11, 2020
Hello Sir!
We're sorry if you faced some inconveniences during the purchase. Please be advised that all cars are sold accordingly to AS IS policy and all the information posted on site is presented by salvage auto auctions or sellers. Thus we rely on the same information about car's condition.

In order to assist you better with your matter, please send an email to help@auctionexport.com
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by okson2003: 9:24pm On May 13, 2020
@ Export 1.
Dear, it wasn't just inconveniences it was Auction export dubiousnes!

Please also read my story line very well where I said: "I checked the vehicle history report which I normally do & it was clearly stated by auction export as ENGINE STARTS, RUN AND DRIVE" .

Firstly, with the claim of you and auction export that they sell AS IS policy.
Auction export clearly wrote ENGINE STARTS, RUN AND DRIVE on the vehicle status or profile before the auction took place, which means vehicles was running fine and drives. So where's the AS IS policy of you or auction export?

Same excuse your giving was what Auction export gave but I battled on mail and calls with both XENA Lewis, help@auction export, info@auctionexport etc for complete two months rejecting this vehicle and requesting for refund but that was declined by auction export just because they already had my %100 payment.

When I discovered they aren't going to refund me, Instead of loosing totally, I even went as low as asking them to bear the extra cost of shipping the vehicle as the fault was coming from them, but they declined that option. That was extra confirmation that auction export is dubiousnes.

@nifemi25(m), My dear I did but they forced me to accept it or loose all the money totally.
That's the reason they will make sure you make a deposite before even allowing you to bid for any car.
Secondly, in my own case they waited till I paid for the vehicle in full before they told me that engine was not starting again.

The vehicle is off road 4x4 diesel engine vehicle (2010 Ford F250 super duty).

My advice hear is just that very one should be careful with h this auction export.

Attached is one of my first mail communication on the subject matter with auction export.

1 Like

Re: Auction Export Scammers! by DelTel(m): 10:22pm On May 15, 2020
okson2003:
@ Export 1.

Please also read my story line very well where I said: "I checked the vehicle history report which I normally do & it was clearly stated by auction export as ENGINE STARTS, RUN AND DRIVE" .

Auction export clearly wrote ENGINE STARTS, RUN AND DRIVE on the vehicle status or profile before the auction took place, which means vehicles was running fine and drives. So where's the AS IS policy of you or auction export?

Same excuse your giving was what Auction export gave but I battled on mail and calls with both XENA Lewis, help@auction export, info@auctionexport etc for complete two months rejecting this vehicle and requesting for refund but that was declined by auction export just because they already had my %100 payment.

When I discovered they aren't going to refund me, Instead of loosing totally, I even went as low as asking them to bear the extra cost of shipping the vehicle as the fault was coming from them, but they declined that option. That was extra confirmation that auction export is dubiousnes.

@nifemi25(m), My dear I did but they forced me to accept it or loose all the money totally.
That's the reason they will make sure you make a deposite before even allowing you to bid for any car.
Secondly, in my own case they waited till I paid for the vehicle in full before they told me that engine was not starting again.

My advice hear is just that very one should be careful with h this auction export.

Attached is one of my first mail communication on the subject matter with auction export.

The challenge is that the outfit is more inclined to profit than helping customers during the buying decision process. The truth is that you don't rely on only the auction description esp Copart; experience goes along way which they obviously don't have or use with each customer.

Anywyz, this thread will soon be deleted/edited like others before it, by powers-that-be grin.

Sorry for the unpalatable experience.
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by Eddee(m): 7:53am On May 16, 2020
DelTel:

The challenge is that the outfit is more inclined to profit than helping customers during the buying decision process. The truth is that you don't rely on only the auction description esp Copart; experience goes along way which they obviously don't have or use with each customer.

Anywyz, this thread will soon be deleted/edited like others before it, by powers-that-be grin.

Sorry for the unpalatable experience.

Re: Auction Export Scammers! by sauceEEP(m): 2:21pm On May 16, 2020
angry
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by wura2u: 3:10pm On May 16, 2020
That is very fraudulent on the part of Auction Export. They should be sued. Any time you see their advert on Nairaland, bombard the page with your complaints to guide other prospective customers
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by dannybrasky(m): 9:47am On May 17, 2020
Auction export again.
After buying 2 bad car experience which wasn't stated in advert description,that was it for me.

O.p sorry for your loss,this is just too much,this is too much men it took me minutes to digest it.
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by Export1: 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2020
okson2003:
@ Export 1.

Hello Sir,

Please be informed that all dealers and salvage auto auctions deal according AS IS policy that means that the vehicle is not represented as being in roadworthy condition, mechanically sound or maintained at any guaranteed level of quality. The vehicle may not be fit for use as a means of transportation and may require substantial repairs at the purchaser's expense. 
"Run&drive" and "Engine starts" marks were posted for this car at the time of arrival at the auction facility and the same information was provided to us.
AuctionExport as a brokering company doesn't check cars physically. As you were explained by agents of AuctionExport all the information that we have is provided by the original seller.

We have to follow the procedure of buying from auctions and accept their terms and conditions. Thus, deposit is required by the auction to reserve a car and we have to pay the total amount for the purchase before picking up a car. By this reason we found out that the car had issues only when our driver came to the auction location to pick it up. Unfortunately, didn't update us on any issues the car might have before closing the deal. That is why the car was sold AS IS. During the registration you accepted Terms and Conditions of AuctionExport and I would recommend to check it once again. Kindly follow this link >>> https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Home/Terms_And_Conditions

When cars come from Salvage auto auctions there's only one way to check its condition - you can request Independent Vehicle Inspection, which means that a professional inspector will check the car thoroughly and will provide you with a detailed report on its condition before the purchase so you will be 100% sure on car's condition in advance.

As for the shipping matter, I believe that shipping department explained you the situation that happened with your shipping process. Shipping cost was calculated according information provided by the seller. It depends not only on location of a car, but also on its condition. We initiated the shipping process and when it turned out that the car has issues, we had no other choice than to pick up a car. Due to the fact that the car had problems, shipping method had changed and it influenced the transportation price.

Every purchase is very individual and I hope that this information will be useful.

Feel free to check reviews from other clients who made successful purchases with AuctionExport:
https://www.nairaland.com/2093633/bought-car-auctionexport/78#down
https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Home/ReviewsAndTestimonials
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by Export1: 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
dannybrasky:
Auction export again.
After buying 2 bad car experience which wasn't stated in advert description,that was it for me.

O.p sorry for your loss,this is just too much,this is too much men it took me minutes to digest it.

Hello Sir,

We are sorry that you faced some issues with buying a car. Please, specify your matter to do the investigation and assist you further with your problem. I would appreciate if you would send it to help@auctionexport.com
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by Mimiwems2(f): 7:00am On Mar 09, 2023
Export1:

Hello Sir,

Please be informed that all dealers and salvage auto auctions deal according AS IS policy that means that the vehicle is not represented as being in roadworthy condition, mechanically sound or maintained at any guaranteed level of quality. The vehicle may not be fit for use as a means of transportation and may require substantial repairs at the purchaser's expense. 
"Run&drive" and "Engine starts" marks were posted for this car at the time of arrival at the auction facility and the same information was provided to us.
AuctionExport as a brokering company doesn't check cars physically. As you were explained by agents of AuctionExport all the information that we have is provided by the original seller.

We have to follow the procedure of buying from auctions and accept their terms and conditions. Thus, deposit is required by the auction to reserve a car and we have to pay the total amount for the purchase before picking up a car. By this reason we found out that the car had issues only when our driver came to the auction location to pick it up. Unfortunately, didn't update us on any issues the car might have before closing the deal. That is why the car was sold AS IS. During the registration you accepted Terms and Conditions of AuctionExport and I would recommend to check it once again. Kindly follow this link >>> https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Home/Terms_And_Conditions

When cars come from Salvage auto auctions there's only one way to check its condition - you can request Independent Vehicle Inspection, which means that a professional inspector will check the car thoroughly and will provide you with a detailed report on its condition before the purchase so you will be 100% sure on car's condition in advance.

As for the shipping matter, I believe that shipping department explained you the situation that happened with your shipping process. Shipping cost was calculated according information provided by the seller. It depends not only on location of a car, but also on its condition. We initiated the shipping process and when it turned out that the car has issues, we had no other choice than to pick up a car. Due to the fact that the car had problems, shipping method had changed and it influenced the transportation price.

Every purchase is very individual and I hope that this information will be useful.

Feel free to check reviews from other clients who made successful purchases with AuctionExport:
https://www.nairaland.com/2093633/bought-car-auctionexport/78#down
https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Home/ReviewsAndTestimonials

If this how auction export operate after reading. Then am out.
Re: Auction Export Scammers! by Covenantglobalresources: 7:23am On Mar 09, 2023
This was same experience that I had with them when I bought a Toyota sienna from them 4 years ago.
They are not truthful with their deals and therefore scammers.
okson2003:

(1) (Reply)

Sold✅✅✅✅Cheapest Toyota Camry 2010 @2.750m Slightly Negotiable / Does Navigation Systems Work In Nigeria. / Used Range Sports/used Chrysler 300 Clean 1.8m/corolla 08 1.95m Best Deals! call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.