Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,040 members, 7,810,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

You Should Know! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / You Should Know! (266 Views)

Vitamin E Capsule And The Skin Beauty Hack You Should Know About It / 90% Of Us Has Failed In This:what You Should Know Before Combining Your Dresses / Six Classy Hair Styles A Woman Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Should Know! by Mipoplenty: 10:54am On May 11, 2020
#CommonlyMisusedFashionTerms - Atelier, Mélange And Couture

There’s a whole glossary of fashion terms, some of which have obvious meanings and some of which don't. Words like bespoke, contemporary, haute couture and many others are often used in the fashion industry, and often times these words are misused.

In our previous posts, we discussed the ways in which terms like bespoke fashion, haute couture, contemporary fashion, slow and fast fashion and so on are commonly misused and the right context to use them in.

So, how about Atelier, Mélange and Couture? What do these terms mean, and how should they be used?

Atelier

Atelier is a French word which actually means studio or workshop. So, in fashion businesses, an atelier is regarded as the workshop in which a designer creates masterpieces for customers. Although this term was firstly used for professional artists in the fine or decorative arts line, atelier is ... read more��

https://mauvelli.com/post/commonlymisusedfashionterms-atelier-melange-and-couture

Re: You Should Know! by Airforce1(m): 1:13pm On May 11, 2020
Finalboss , saw your email but I couldn't access my mail box because I've lost the phone number I used to open it .
Re: You Should Know! by finalboss(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2020
Airforce1:
Finalboss , saw your email but I couldn't access my mail boss because I've lost the phone number I used to open it .

You can reach me on my gmail .
finally smiley will reach you.

1 Like

Re: You Should Know! by Airforce1(m): 1:34pm On May 11, 2020
finalboss:

finally smiley will reach you.

(1) (Reply)

Workwear: The Perfect Coat To Wear To Work. / Get The Secret Power Of The Goddess And Achieve Immortal Power. / How To Know Your Body Shape/type Using The Body Shape Calculator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.