Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Is It This Hard To Learn Programming??advice Needed Pls!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It This Hard To Learn Programming??advice Needed Pls!! (374 Views)

Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? / Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently / Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It This Hard To Learn Programming??advice Needed Pls!! by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 19, 2020
I've been wanting to learn a skill and after all my findings I settled for computer programming, so I opt for Python first,I had no one to teach me so I head forward to YouTube to learn it,so I downloaded some videos over 6 hrs plus,it was all fun from the start but as soon as I got towards the quarter of the video, everything turns against me,it appears as if programming is only meant for few people or am just not doing it the right way,or maybe the video on YouTube is just not the right way to start!!
Any advice for me pls
Re: Is It This Hard To Learn Programming??advice Needed Pls!! by JOETITUS(m): 4:41pm On May 19, 2020
Please don't stop, download some books. Combine video and books, I am doing the same during this lock down. Good Luck
Re: Is It This Hard To Learn Programming??advice Needed Pls!! by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 19, 2020
JOETITUS:
Please don't stop, download some books. Combine video and books, I am doing the same during this lock down. Good Luck
Thanks bro respect.
Re: Is It This Hard To Learn Programming??advice Needed Pls!! by shilenji(m): 5:24pm On May 19, 2020
I have the same problem too just that I don't even know where to begin at all
Re: Is It This Hard To Learn Programming??advice Needed Pls!! by Knox123(m): 6:00pm On May 19, 2020
Go to programming thread and ask questions in areas where u re finding it difficult.
Re: Is It This Hard To Learn Programming??advice Needed Pls!! by SimeonOTC(m): 11:05pm On May 19, 2020
o.p ensure you start from the very basic, and practise what you learnt... practise,learn, practise learn and practise moree..

if you want to learn programming ,you must be very consistent and persistent in your learning..be ready to sit you ass down for 5-6hours learn..

even if there is power failure, read e-book and learn from mobile apps like solo learn or w3school..set goals and mini project and ensure you achieve them before moving to the next topic..don't let a day pass without learning new things..

download youtube videos and search on google for solution for specific problem..

keep the moral high and going, the day you stop learning is the day start loosing passion, and when you start loosing passion, it becomes more difficult.

lastly, you must be mentally and logically balance if you really want to learn it.

1 Like

Re: Is It This Hard To Learn Programming??advice Needed Pls!! by Vivianagoja(m): 6:32am On May 20, 2020
Programming isn't......

what is hard is commitment

Start with HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT AND any other High level language of your choice.
I'll prefer Python or PHP

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dear Nairalanders,which Location Is Best For Starting A Tiles Business? / If I Were You, I Will Pause All I Am Doing Just To Read This / Why Do We Have So Many Cook From Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.