Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,474 members, 7,781,381 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:29 PM

Please Help Webmasters - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help Webmasters (636 Views)

I Need Help Webmasters- Google Adsense Verification Pin Issues / PLS I Need Your Help Webmasters- Unable To Get Google Adsense PIN Verification / Domain Name Problem... Please Help Webmasters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Webmasters by Genes1s: 7:47pm On May 23, 2020
I am building an online Ebook website.

Here is what I want.
Customer shops different books on website, After that, they pay, then they get the required file link to download.

What I am confused about is the best way to give the book download link for each purchased book to the buyer, and this download link won't be reusable by another customer aside the intended buyer.

Please how can I achieve this? A simple algorithm will do.

Thanks
Re: Please Help Webmasters by Sanchez01: 8:39pm On May 23, 2020
Genes1s:

Here is what I want.
Customer shops different books on website, After that, they pay, then they get the required file link to download.

What I am confused about is the best way to give the book download link for each purchased book to the buyer, and this download link won't be reusable by another customer aside the intended buyer.

Thanks
I doubt that is possible. Note that you're building or setting up an eCommerce website where your books will be listed.

Another solution here would using SmartLink Dynamic URLS plugin. At best, you can only generate 5 URLs each and use them for geotargeting.

If the geotargeting feature is turned off, the links will load randomly.

You MIGHT get better features with a PREMIUM plugin but you will need to put your SEO into serious consideration.

NB: IF YOU ARE BUYING A PLUGIN OR IF SOMEONE CLAIMS THEY SELL A PLUGIN WITH THE FEATURES OF YOUR SPEC, ASK THEM FOR PROOF OF PURCHASE before buying. There are rotten, hungry folks hoping to prey on people here.
Re: Please Help Webmasters by LegendsCoded(m): 4:31am On May 24, 2020
Simple database query can do the job.

"Select * from downloads where download_count < 1"

Will explain better when I type from pc.
Re: Please Help Webmasters by Genes1s: 5:58am On May 24, 2020
Sanchez01:

I doubt that is possible. Note that you're building or setting up an eCommerce website where your books will be listed.

Another solution here would using SmartLink Dynamic URLS plugin. At best, you can only generate 5 URLs each and use them for geotargeting.

If the geotargeting feature is turned off, the links will load randomly.

You MIGHT get better features with a PREMIUM plugin but you will need to put your SEO into serious consideration.

NB: IF YOU ARE BUYING A PLUGIN OR IF SOMEONE CLAIMS THEY SELL A PLUGIN WITH THE FEATURES OF YOUR SPEC, ASK THEM FOR PROOF OF PURCHASE before buying. There are rotten, hungry folks hoping to prey on people here.

Thanks,
I doubt if such plugin will solve this problem.
Re: Please Help Webmasters by Genes1s: 5:59am On May 24, 2020
LegendsCoded:

Thanks. Waiting for the complete algorithm
Re: Please Help Webmasters by exhibit7432(m): 9:49am On May 24, 2020
LegendsCoded:

This can encounter an issue. What if the person was downloading the file and then his internet is interrupted and needs to start the download again. It wouldn’t work.

Sincerely. I don’t see the point of this. Because even if you limit the download to 1 time. The person can still maybe upload the ebook to google drive and still share the download link that way. So limiting your download the download link to 1 time isn’t helping. Even ebooks bought on amazon can still be shared.

The only possible way to do limit this is by making it only readable online and not downloadable.

Or if you necessarily need it to be downloadable, you will just have to look on the bright side. Being the fact that the person who bought the ebook wouldn’t be able to share it to every one in the world. So some people will still buy it no matter what.
Re: Please Help Webmasters by All4good: 1:23pm On May 24, 2020
exhibit7432:

This can encounter an issue. What if the person was downloading the file and then his internet is interrupted and needs to start the download again. It wouldn’t work.

Sincerely. I don’t see the point of this. Because even if you limit the download to 1 time. The person can still maybe upload the ebook to google drive and still share the download link that way. So limiting your download the download link to 1 time isn’t helping. Even ebooks bought on amazon can still be shared.

The only possible way to do limit this is by making it only readable online and not downloadable.

Or if you necessarily need it to be downloadable, you will just have to look on the bright side. Being the fact that the person who bought the ebook wouldn’t be able to share it to every one in the world. So some people will still buy it no matter what.

True. Very realistic reasoning. Everything you explained makes sense. I have been limited in the past with this challenge, especially with Amazon allowing sharing of my Ebook to friends of a buyer.
So I either stop the Ebook version, leaving only my Paperback or I set the Ebook on Perma free so as people download it free I use it to advertise my other books.
Re: Please Help Webmasters by Genes1s: 1:58pm On May 24, 2020
Hi guys, thank you all for the contributions.

I kinda thought of a temporary solution to it pending when I will come up with a permanent fix.

Here is it,
>I send a random gen key to user (also saved in database).
>User enters the key into book download page
>System validates authenticity of key
>If valid, check if no of use is less 3
>If yes, enable a download button for the book
>on successful download - decrement key value by 1

Else - print appreciate msg.
Re: Please Help Webmasters by LegendsCoded(m): 10:19pm On May 24, 2020
exhibit7432:

I got your point, I didn't mean OP should use 1, he might increase to at least 3 and also add "AND" while querying the table.
Re: Please Help Webmasters by bedfordng(m): 11:53am On May 25, 2020
Genes1s:

Here is what I want.

Thanks
you can get this done with either woocommerce or easy digital download plugins together with membership plugins
Re: Please Help Webmasters by Genes1s: 12:29pm On May 28, 2020
Hi guys, really appreciate ur inputs.

I just used a php force download and made use of javavoid(0) to make the download link invisible to even the intended buyer.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Switch To EZOIC From Adsense / To Mr Quadrillo These Is From Habeeb / Learn Dynamic Webdesign And Oracle Database: Stop Looking For Work And Work F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.