Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

check out - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / check out (797 Views)

50% Equity: Android Developer Needed As Co-founder For An Idea / Who Has An Idea Or Link To How One Can Host A Channel With Dstv ? / Hackers Did You Have An Idea Of Facebook Phising In The Past? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

check out by Youngzubi(m): 5:45pm On May 29, 2020
thread moved to education

2 Likes

Re: check out by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 29, 2020
You're a whole lot impressive.
It's quite thrilling to see someone as young and yet ambitious; on a forum where men of 25 yrs and above are shouting FTC, where you see grown ladies spending all the precious day fighting on expired BBN threads. While some of your equals open threads with chaotic grammar, seeking advice for their illicit relationships, and you see many adults rushing to give advice just because of the enormous fake likes people acquire on relationship threads.

As regards your proposed sites/apps, though you gave no clue about what they entail but generally for online stores, except you want to drop ship, you might be preparing for services like delivery, warehouse, offices, agents, staffs and other things. That's a massive, involving business that might not be advisable.
Why not create an online hub where buyers and sellers meet? A place where people display their goods, skills, qualifications, professions and so on. Anyone who needs an employee, lawyer, skilled services, labour, artisans etc in any part of the country can consult your hub. As time goes on, it might expand to involve the whole of Africa if it survives. You advertise, and users pay if they want their stuffs given special promotion.

As for the Social Media/online forum/app, except you have any new/catchy idea better/different from existing ones, it's 50/50.

If you want to go about achieving these propositions, you could hire people to do it for you or you create a team, but the latter is the best especially since you said you're already into programming. Best thing is to give your learning harder approach, so you can be the major player and do things exactly the way you conceived them, while you also keep to yourself things you don't want to share.
There's no need to rush, time is still on your side. Learn the appropriate things you need, list what you want, know all what it entails, plan, then you need financial support and helping hands too. Then start with rough/trial/small scale. Never launch into a big project at once or else there would be big problems. The initial launch is to observe how it goes, from there you notice the flaws, give it a better shot and expand.

No guarantee in life though, many people tried things, only the lucky ones make it through. Facebook has been here for long before it eventually blew. But then, if one doesn't start something, how would one know if it would survive or not.

If you continue to stay loyal to your dream and hustle, at 25 yrs, you shouldn't be here shouting FTC.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: check out by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 29, 2020
Youngzubi:
Good Day To You All My Fellow Nairalanders.

I'm a Nigerian, still in my early 20's. I wouldn't like to bore anyone with unnecessary intro, I'll go straight to the main reason at which this thread is been created.

At the age of 19, I discovered how engrossed I have become searching informations on the Internet, everyone around me complained on how I'm always seen pressing phone almost all the time. the thing is that I love exploring websites, everything about Internet gives me joy, the Internet had made almost everything we want available to us at just simple click on our devices and site icons. my passion for Internet world grew by the day, I love searching for information and reading success stories of great men who out of determination and persistence brought forth inventions that had turned the world around and also made it a better place today. as the years went by I found interest in programming. I started by learning python because of it's simplicity, although I'm not perfect or close to being one in any way currently but my passion for Internet world lead me to try learning anything I could about Internet in other to make myself happy. after I struggle to understand the basic concept of python language through an online site that teaches python and also send series of assignments to members through their emails, I began to understand certain things such as, how Web pages are being created, how different languages works better for different websites and purpose etc. Then with time different ideas began to pop up in my mind, I began to imagine new things. this ideas came just like a thought which I smiled at but with time it kept coming back like a reminder and each time clearer, bigger and innovative.

There are two (2) Ideas that I currently I have but the problem is how to execute each of them due to the situation surrounding our country. learning programing in Nigerian University is like a Chinese man teaching you yoruba language, yes. it's as worst as that.

1. the first idea is in form of online market, or you could call it online shops. I wouldn't want to share much or go deep to explain how any of the two works because this place is a public forum, you can relate my fear with what happened to Facebook inventors.

one of my friend once tried to steal a song that I wrote, I actually showed him the lyrics and he demand I sing it to his ears which I did, he was damn amazed by the flow that he argue I wasn't the one who wrote it, later he succumbed that I was truly the owner when I did freestyle with him then he took the paper that I wrote those lyrics and tried to make away with it, we dragged for it, later we fought for it and squeezed it into pieces. after that event I made up my mind to be mindful of how I share raw ideas with a second parthy.

2. This one is in form of social media but of total difference with amazing features. I'm sure this one would be easier to achieve than the previous one but the first one is the main bomb.

In as much I'm excited and feel like sharing every atom of how this two ideas works, its features, uses and how it would work in reality I also have to hold them back to avoid someone else stealing it away from me.

I'm 100% sure of what those two things are but my problem is that I don't know how to start, where to start, who to talk to, where to go and how to go about it. I need someone to give me a lead, direction on how to take the numerous steps before me Accordingly. only if I had the opportunity to study programing abroad and gain strong knowledge and understanding in every concept of it to start writing codes for these two apps.

please kindly share your thoughts

pls Lalasticlala I will be overwhelmed if you do me a favour by pushing the thread to FP
You would need a big team of about 40 people because your social media invention would have to present something new for it to go far. What would it have that the others won't, how would you manage encryption of data, how would you manage rendering services. Lastly don't seek help from Nigerians, go to somewhere like stack overflow and search. Nigerians only think about money not innovations (the true fact). Tried asking for help with a programming language I got nothing. I can't even ask for help with my dream of building an OS.

1 Like

Re: check out by Youngzubi(m): 6:14pm On May 29, 2020
Ausrichie:

You would need a big team of about 40 people because your social media invention would have to present something new for it to go far. What would it have that the others won't, how would you manage encryption of data, how would you manage rendering services. Lastly don't seek help from Nigerians, go to somewhere like stack overflow and search. Nigerians only think about money not innovations (the true fact). Tried asking for help with a programming language I got nothing. I can't even ask for help with my dream of building an OS.

like seriously man
Re: check out by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:45pm On May 29, 2020
Bros I won't discourage you nor encourage you but if you are still in school stick to it and graduate and if you are out, get a programming job if you have the skills.

Building a platform is one thing. There's a lot that goes into it. UI and UX design, front end development, back end development, APIs which would be paid for and are not free.

Once you are done building this platform, have you thought of how you are going to market it and get users onboarded. People are not going to come to your platform no matter how great it is.

I would advise you to get a good paying job. There are tons of them in the programming field. Then build your product by the side. Try having a group of people try try your MVP and then you can try raising money abroad via incubators like YC, 500 startups etc.

I don't know the background you are from but if your parents are middle class or below middle class, please get a job. Don't rush into entrepreneurship with no backing o. It's bloody o. You can build your ideas anytime. Everyone thought social media was done for until tiktok came.
Re: check out by akimbomimer: 7:24pm On May 29, 2020
light099:
It's quite thrilling to see someone as young and yet ambitious; on a forum where men of 25 yrs and above are shouting FTC, where you see grown ladies spending all the precious day fighting on expired BBN threads. While some of your equals open threads with chaotic grammar, seeking advice for their illicit relationships, and you see many adults rushing to give advice just because of the enormous fake likes people acquire on relationship thread.

As regards your propositions, although you gave no clue about what they entail but generally for online stores, except you want to drop ship, you might be preparing for services like delivery, warehouse, offices, agents, staffs and other things. That's a massive, involving business that might not be advisable.
Why not create an online hub where buyers and sellers meet? A place where people display their goods, skills, qualifications, professions and so on. Anyone who needs an employee, lawyer, skilled services, labour, artisans etc in any part of the country can consult your hub. As time goes on, it might expand to involve the whole of Africa if it survives. You advertise, and users pay if they want their stuffs given special promotion.

As for the Social Media/online forum, except you have any new/catchy idea better than existing ones, it's 50/50.

If you want to go about achieving this propositions, you could hire people to do it for you or you create a team, but the latter is the best especially since you said you're already into programming. Best thing is to give your learning harder approach, so you can be the major player and do things exactly the way you conceived them, while you also keep to yourself things you don't want to share.

No guarantee in life though, many people tried things, only the lucky ones make it through. Facebook has been here for long before it eventually blew. But then, if one doesn't start something, how would one know if it would survive or not.
So equip yourself more, start on a very small scale and minimum scope, from there you can keep expanding with time.

If you continue to stay loyal to your dream and determination, by age 25yrs, you shouldn't be here shouting FTC.
hmmmm... I learnt from this too.. thank you OP
Re: check out by Youngzubi(m): 9:53pm On May 29, 2020
light099:
It's quite thrilling to see someone as young and yet ambitious; on a forum where men of 25 yrs and above are shouting FTC, where you see grown ladies spending all the precious day fighting on expired BBN threads. While some of your equals open threads with chaotic grammar, seeking advice for their illicit relationships, and you see many adults rushing to give advice just because of the enormous fake likes people acquire on relationship threads.

As regards your proposed sites/apps, though you gave no clue about what they entail but generally for online stores, except you want to drop ship, you might be preparing for services like delivery, warehouse, offices, agents, staffs and other things. That's a massive, involving business that might not be advisable.

As for the Social Media/online forum/app, except you have any new/catchy idea better/different from existing ones, it's 50/50.

If you want to go about achieving these propositions, you could hire people to do it for you or you create a team, but the latter is the best especially since you said you're already into programming. Best thing is to give your learning harder approach, so you can be the major player and do things exactly the way you conceived them, while you also keep to yourself things you don't want to share.
There's no need to rush, time is still on your side. Learn the appropriate things you need, list what you want, know all what it entails, plan, then you need financial support and helping hands too. Then start with rough/trial/small scale. Never launch into a big project at once or else there would be big problems. The initial launch is to observe how it goes, from there you notice the flaws, give it a better shot and expand.

If you continue to stay loyal to your dream and hustle, at 25 yrs, you shouldn't be here shouting FTC.

Wow! , sir I don't know you but your words hits deep, I read your comment more than thrice to digest all the advise and knowledge in it, honestly I felt like I sat with an elderly man with grey hairs who fill my mind with words of wisdom and counseling. I didn't want your comment to end, I wanted more because it's enriched in reality and honest.

About the online market app. sir, it's not what you thought, yes of course. you advised me with reference to the ones you're familiar with because it seems there's nothing one could do that will be "NEW", at the quoted is what made me call the idea invention. it's definitely knew and I guess I took my thoughts out of the box.

Then the social media app, Hmmm. this one shouldn't be called social media completely as its features extends into other areas such as blogging and many more but in one packaged app. I took in ideas to add things that would give users the "NEED, URGE AND REASONS" to open up the app every minute of their life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: check out by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 29, 2020
Youngzubi:
Good Day To You All My Fellow Nairalanders.

I'm a Nigerian, still in my early 20's. I wouldn't like to bore anyone with unnecessary intro, I'll go straight to the main reason at which this thread is been created.

At the age of 19, I discovered how engrossed I have become searching informations on the Internet, everyone around me complained on how I'm always seen pressing phone almost all the time. the thing is that I love exploring websites, everything about Internet gives me joy, the Internet had made almost everything we want available to us at just simple click on our devices and site icons. my passion for Internet world grew by the day, I love searching for information and reading success stories of great men who out of determination and persistence brought forth inventions that had turned the world around and also made it a better place today. as the years went by I found interest in programming. I started by learning python because of it's simplicity, although I'm not perfect or close to being one in any way currently but my passion for Internet world lead me to try learning anything I could about Internet in other to make myself happy. after I struggle to understand the basic concept of python language through an online site that teaches python and also send series of assignments to members through their emails, I began to understand certain things such as, how Web pages are being created, how different languages works better for different websites and purpose etc. Then with time different ideas began to pop up in my mind, I began to imagine new things. this ideas came just like a thought which I smiled at but with time it kept coming back like a reminder and each time clearer, bigger and innovative.

There are two (2) Ideas that I currently I have but the problem is how to execute each of them due to the situation surrounding our country. learning programing in Nigerian University is like a Chinese man teaching you yoruba language, yes. it's as worst as that.

1. the first idea is in form of online market, or you could call it online shops. I wouldn't want to share much or go deep to explain how any of the two works because this place is a public forum, you can relate my fear with what happened to Facebook inventors.

one of my friend once tried to steal a song that I wrote, I actually showed him the lyrics and he demand I sing it to his ears which I did, he was damn amazed by the flow that he argue I wasn't the one who wrote it, later he succumbed that I was truly the owner when I did freestyle with him then he took the paper that I wrote those lyrics and tried to make away with it, we dragged for it, later we fought for it and squeezed it into pieces. after that event I made up my mind to be mindful of how I share raw ideas with a second parthy.

2. This one is in form of social media but of total difference with amazing features. I'm sure this one would be easier to achieve than the previous one but the first one is the main bomb.

In as much I'm excited and feel like sharing every atom of how this two ideas works, its features, uses and how it would work in reality I also have to hold them back to avoid someone else stealing it away from me.

I'm 100% sure of what those two things are but my problem is that I don't know how to start, where to start, who to talk to, where to go and how to go about it. I need someone to give me a lead, direction on how to take the numerous steps before me Accordingly. only if I had the opportunity to study programing abroad and gain strong knowledge and understanding in every concept of it to start writing codes for these two apps.

please kindly share your thoughts

pls Lalasticlala I will be overwhelmed if you do me a favour by pushing the thread to FP

I'm not a programmer although I wish to learn,
That online market has been in my dreams for a long time.
Re: check out by CAPSLOCKED: 11:22pm On May 29, 2020
SO WHAT DO YOU WANT? DONATIONS OR ENCOURAGEMENT? OR ATTENTION?
I HAVE NONE.

1 Like

Re: check out by Youngzubi(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
SO WHAT DO YOU WANT?
DONATIONS OR ENCOURAGEMENT?
OR ATTENTION?

I HAVE NONE.

No, I don't need your money nor attention because I'm not an Instagram slay queen. your comment shows you've got comprehension issues,

I seek for advise from everyone who can offer one, I got an idea to create something and needs shared thoughts from the well advanced people who are more vast in life experience.

that's what I want
Re: check out by Nobody: 11:24am On May 30, 2020
Youngzubi:

like seriously man
No so we see am.

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Network Hack / Numerical Method / Simple Javascript Form Validator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.