Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism (26860 Views)

Suarez Abusing Evra & Eto'o Mocked... Meet 5 Worst Moments Of Racism In Football / Cameroon Accuse FIFA Of Racism Over VAR - Players Cry At Half-time / Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by jarawa: 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua told a Black Lives Matter march on Saturday that protesters were the “vaccine” to the “virus” of racism. “The virus I am referring to is called racism,” he said, comparing its effects to the damage done by COVID-19.

Meanwhile the British boxer asked: “How long are we going to allow racism to spread through our communities?” Worldwide protests under the banner of Black Lives Matter took place Saturday in response to the death of George Floyd, a black American man who died in Minneapolis last month while being arrested by police officers.

“You are the vaccine, I am the vaccine,” the 30-year-old Joshua told a rally in his home town of Watford. “Killing a person outright is unforgivable, but stripping them of their human rights, oppressing them, mocking them, insulting them, placing glass ceilings above them… is just a slower way of killing them and taking the life out of their soul.” Joshua was on crutches at times on Saturday and was also seen wearing a knee brace, but a spokesperson insisted that was just a “precautionary measure”.

Joshua, the reigning WBA, IBF and WBO title-holder, felt a “slight twinge” in his left knee in a training session earlier this week. But his camp insisted there was no cause for alarm.

“Anthony felt a slight twinge in his knee whilst training,” the spokesperson said. “The brace is a precautionary measure on the advice of physios. It will be further checked by his doctors but there is no immediate concern.”

Joshua was due to defend his belts against Kubrat Pulev at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on June 20 only for the bout to be postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic. (AFP)

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/world-heavyweight-champion-joshua-hits-out-at-virus-of-racism.html

11 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by Abboki: 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by Becklynn(f): 5:17am On Jun 07, 2020
cry
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by bigt2(m): 5:17am On Jun 07, 2020
RACISM - 20 Birus comes to mind...

Make i chow first before we settle the matter abeg.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by helinues: 5:18am On Jun 07, 2020
Home alone boredom... undecided
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by Oluwasegun664(m): 5:19am On Jun 07, 2020
Bro jousha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by barule: 5:19am On Jun 07, 2020
Great
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by Jimwils: 5:19am On Jun 07, 2020
Here in Nigeria, the virus is tribalism and no one is protesting against that shocked

Yoruba no wan hear anything about Igbo, same with Igbos and Hausa's..its a pity cry

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by Heavenschild: 5:20am On Jun 07, 2020
Living in a world where you could lose your life or not live to see your children grow up all because of the color of your skin..

15 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by diziki: 5:21am On Jun 07, 2020
Say NO to racism today.

Let's embrace love, unity, peace in order to progress.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by Anny505(m): 5:22am On Jun 07, 2020
nice
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by hatchetman(m): 5:22am On Jun 07, 2020
F
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by GoldenJAT(m): 5:22am On Jun 07, 2020
Well said!
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by Offpoint: 5:23am On Jun 07, 2020
You need a professional graphics designer to meet your graphics needs? I'M THE GUY
Need to promote your business via bulk sms? I have over 5M active Nigeria numbers, so I'M THE GUY.
How about promoting your business via email? I have over 10m foreign and local active emails, so I'M THE GUY.
Reach me today while you are still young, tomorrow you might too old to reach me.
Don't worry about price, I'm so cheap... They call me cheapanzee

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by cbrezy(m): 5:24am On Jun 07, 2020
undecided
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by allen113: 5:25am On Jun 07, 2020
well said champ
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by AroleOduduwa2: 5:26am On Jun 07, 2020
2020 is a year of enlightenment, all America dirty secrets are being exposed, from violence and oppression of people of color, human right abuse to their overhyped intelligence that failed woefully to know what was happening in China

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by Emvico34: 5:27am On Jun 07, 2020
omo see as everywhere dry all nairalanders are sleeping while lala is in the bush huntting for snake upandan. Well that one no concern. Pls how do i become a heavy weight boxer I want to make name in boxing with my otumokpo
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by XXLMANDIGO: 5:29am On Jun 07, 2020
Joshua, Omo Peteru na Express you dei go ooo...
You said it's Racism ,I am not denying too, yet you and Hamilton are the Richest sportsperson in the whole of UK. Maybe racism allowed you to thrive then. undecided

Why do the Media wants to control people's mind. Sick angry

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by lonelydora: 5:29am On Jun 07, 2020
AJ nwa mama! Well done
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by Fiscabally(m): 5:30am On Jun 07, 2020
Word!
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by Nobody: 5:33am On Jun 07, 2020
.. Tanchu
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by Ubykcee(m): 5:36am On Jun 07, 2020
wink
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by EmeraldKing7(m): 5:37am On Jun 07, 2020
Black,Hispanics,Asian and other minority ethic groups

Most Western countries have these ethnic groups among their population.

How come blacks are the ones with the biggest share of these racist actions?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by dammyhtvby: 5:37am On Jun 07, 2020
Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:41am On Jun 07, 2020
ALL of us @
@[color=#006600][/color] SAY NO TO RACISM.

We stand with Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua.

Son of the soil.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by Rediff1: 5:43am On Jun 07, 2020
One of the reason that made me Love AJ so much.
He always show his love to his heritage by bragging and feeling proud about His black descent.
The guy even drew Tatoo of Africa and Nigeria on his right arm to show where he is really from..

Check out the below opportunity announcement

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by africanpride1: 5:43am On Jun 07, 2020
AJ so cool with Greatness, we love you brother.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Hits Out At ‘Virus’ Of Racism by zeal22(m): 5:54am On Jun 07, 2020
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

West Brom Decide Against Giving Ahmed Musa A Contract After His Trials With Them / Spanish La Liga Clubside, Cadiz Join Nigerians In Mourning Mohbad / PHOTOS: Super Eagles Train Ahead Clash With Atletico Madrid In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.