Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (2465 Views)

Ghanaian Pastor Caught Sleeping With Married Woman On Church Altar (Photos) / Prostitutes Beat Evangelist To Coma For Preaching In Their Premises In Lagos / Pastor Joseph Ponda Caught Having Sex With Married Woman: Church Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Efna55: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
Re: . by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lol evangelism Ostia grin una no go use English kill us for nairaland
Re: . by EzzyCarter: 12:07pm On Jun 21, 2020
The hacker should have hacked his English teacher back in school's account. In fact, he deserves a refund for his school fees paid grin . See malnourished English grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Efna55: 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
Possiblegee:
Lol evangelism Ostia grin una no go use English kill us for nairaland
Mumu, na the hacker write that one nor be for nairaland
Re: . by MozB: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
Efna55:

Mumu, na the hacker write that one nor be for nairaland

Are we even suppose to focus on the English or on the shameless man who claims to be a man of God only to have his way with people's wives? Na wa for una o!
Re: . by uniqueboi1(m): 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
shocked
Re: . by Bacteriologist(m): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
Atheists get a bad rap for not having a "moral compass." Meanwhile it's the theists who have so-called holy and moral books doing the most reprehensible things.

If you cannot determine right from wrong, you lack empathy not religion. We're all born with a moral compass, and it's called conscience. People have been taught to outsource this moral compass to religious books. And that's why we're here.

Religion does not make people good or better. Religion, in fact, makes people comfortable with doing evil.

Stay away from Christianity, Islam and all other religions people.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hahaha. Bros you beat me to it! I was just coming to make a thread. Oya Righteousness kiniko or wetin u call yourself, over to you, na your people be this cheesy

Re: . by GOFRONT(m): 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
grin
Re: . by traihit: 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2020
Bacteriologist:
Atheists get a bad rap for not having a "moral compass." Meanwhile it's the theists who have so-called holy and moral books doing the most reprehensible things.

If you cannot determine right from wrong, you lack empathy not religion. We're all born with a moral compass, and it's called conscience. People have been taught to outsource this moral compass to religious books. And that's why we're here.

Religion does not make people good or better. Religion, in fact, makes people comfortable with doing evil.

Stay away from Christianity, Islam and all other religions people.

I disagree with the part that says 'religion makes people comfortable doing evil'. You're implying that every religious person is evil while the ones who don't believe any religion is good right? There's something I want you to understand about black man and gods. The majority of humans especially the blacks only claim gods because they have vacuums to fill, without any need, very few people would still want a god. This is why many developed countries have fewer religious inclination. Meanwhile, those who serve a god because of a personal need can never live a moral life because morality isn't what drove them to god, their needs did. A lot of such people are in Nigeria and this is why it seems that people claim adherents to a religious dogma (because of their need) and they can't live its expectations. I am a Christian and beyond what I will eat or drink, I have discovered the golden rule as the ultimate requirement to have peace in life whether you're a theist or atheist.

Edited: I was once on the journey to atheism like some think it is the height of intelligence. It'd be self-deception for me to act like God doesn't exist. That I can't see him doesn't mean that.
Re: . by Bacteriologist(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
traihit:

I disagree with the part that says 'religion makes people comfortable doing evil'. You're implying that every religious person is evil while the ones who don't believe any religion is good right? There's something I want you to understand about black man and gods. The majority of humans especially the blacks only claim gods because they have vacuums to fill, without any need, very few people would still want a god. This is why many developed countries have fewer religious inclination. Meanwhile, those who serve a god because of a personal need can never live a moral life because morality isn't what drove them to god, their needs did. A lot of such people are in Nigeria and this is why it seems that people claim adherents to a religious dogma (because of their need) and they can't live its expectations. I am a Christian and beyond what I will eat or drink, I have discovered the golden rule as the ultimate requirement to have peace in life whether you're a theist or atheist.

Edited: I was once on the journey to atheism like some think it is the height of intelligence. It'd be self-deception for me to act like God doesn't exist. That I can't see him doesn't mean that.

Religion makes people comfortable with doing evil DOES NOT mean all religious people do evil. That's you putting words in my mouth and choosing to regurgitate what you beLIEve atheists think about religious people.

You would agree with me that more people have killed and been killed in the name of god than for any other cause. That in itself, is enough, that this belief in a supernatural friend behind the sky has and continues to be an excuse for people to justify their evil tendencies and indeed get away with it.

I agree with you concerning the golden rule.

Because you can't see god doesn't mean it is not there. It also does not mean it is there. But the mere fact that you can't see him, sense him or test for him in any objective way possible says one thing. He most probably doesn't exist.

Heck how do you even know the gender of god to refer to it as "him" when you just admitted to never having seen "him?"

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
Loss in words
Re: . by Danhumprey: 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2020
traihit:

Your "edited" part was pointless and made no point, sorry.

That you "were once on the 'journey' to atheism" means nada. Like seriously? What was that supposed to prove? It's you religious folks, in your usual attempts to put words in the mouth of Non-religious folks that keep equating atheism with intelligence.

No one ever said atheism is the height of intelligence, so I really don't even understand why you had to include that, maybe perhaps to cater to your venile insecurities? grin

And atheists don't express disbelief in God because they can't "see" him. Seriously, grow up and educate yourself on what atheism really means.
Re: . by traihit: 5:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
Danhumprey:

Your "edited" part was pointless and made no point, sorry.

That you "were once on the 'journey' to atheism" means nada. Like seriously? What was that supposed to prove? It's you religious folks, in your usual attempts to put words in the mouth of Non-religious folks that keep equating atheism with intelligence.

No one ever said atheism is the height of intelligence, so I really don't even understand why you had to include that, maybe perhaps to cater to your venile insecurities? grin

And atheists don't express disbelief in God because they can't "see" him. Seriously, grow up and educate yourself on what atheism really means.

Alright...don't stop learning though and ensure you keep your mind OPEN.
Re: . by traihit: 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Religion makes people comfortable with doing evil DOES NOT mean all religious people do evil. That's you putting words in my mouth and choosing to regurgitate what you beLIEve atheists think about religious people.

You would agree with me that more people have killed and been killed in the name of god than for any other cause. That in itself, is enough, that this belief in a supernatural friend behind the sky has and continues to be an excuse for people to justify their evil tendencies and indeed get away with it.

I agree with you concerning the golden rule.

Because you can't see god doesn't mean it is not there. It also does not mean it is there. But the mere fact that you can't see him, sense him or test for him in any objective way possible says one thing. He most probably doesn't exist.

Heck how do you even know the gender of god to refer to it as "him" when you just admitted to never having seen "him?"

Alright, like I say to the other person, I say to you also: don't stop learning and please keep your mind OPEN, WIDE OPEN.
Re: . by Bacteriologist(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2020
traihit:

Alright, like I say to the other person, I say to you also: don't stop learning and please keep your mind OPEN, WIDE OPEN.

Maybe that's an advice you should be saying to YOU.

Take your own advice first.

1 Like

Re: . by traihit: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Maybe that's an advice you should be saying to YOU.

Take your own advice first.

grin grin....Thank you. I am and I'll continue to do so.
Re: . by Perogbangba(f): 6:39pm On Jun 21, 2020
Speechless...
Re: . by tobechi74: 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2020
pastor started as choir master...
Re: . by northvietnam(m): 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
This guy no dey joke with married women pussy

Re: . by northvietnam(m): 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
After seeing these things , To marry dey disgust me Aswear

(1) (Reply)

Pre-Destination: True Or False? / Spiritual 3rd Eye / Let's Mock The Atheists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.