Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,442 members, 7,826,698 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed (1832 Views)

See Huge Billboard Ellen Degeneres Erected To Beg Beyonce For Followback On IG / See Huge Billboard Ellen Degeneres Erected To Beg Beyonce For Followback On IG / Laura Ikeji Mocks Beyonce For Wearing Same Cloth In Different Pictures..(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by Kimcutie: 10:36am On Jun 30, 2020
A Nigerian model has accused Beyonce of using African culture for personal gains without Africa benefitting from it.

@Dimssoo also accused the American singer of contributing to the misrepresentation of Africa through her songs, thereby giving people the impression that "Africa is this place where we wake up in the morning and tie our wrapper and put chalk on our face and scream 'WAKANDA' then go and hunt lions."

Dimssoo said it's things like this that makes African Americans and other people ask if Africa has WiFi.

She also accused Beyonce of taping into the wealth of the African culture for her art but never adding African countries to her tours.

@Dimssoo's tweets comes after Beyonce released a teaser for her Black is King visual album.

Black is King uses the music of Beyoncé’s 2019 album The Lion King: The Gift soundtrack, which was released alongside remake of The Lion King. The visual.

Sharing the teaser, Beyonce wrote: “It is my passion project that I have been filming, researching and editing day and night for the past year. I’ve given it my all and now it’s yours. It was originally filmed as a companion piece to ‘The Lion King: The Gift’ soundtrack and meant to celebrate the breadth and beauty of Black ancestry.”

Beyonce added: "I wanted to present elements of Black history and African tradition, with a modern twist and a universal message, and what it truly means to find your self-identity and build a legacy. I spent a lot of time exploring and absorbing the lessons of past generations and the rich history of different African customs."

Source https://www.uniportforum.com.ng/Thread-Model-Accuses-Beyonce-For-Contributing-To-The-Negative-Way-Africa-Is-Viewed

Lalasticlala

Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by FreakDesign: 10:38am On Jun 30, 2020
They find attention for there
Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by MrSensor(m): 10:38am On Jun 30, 2020
Let me stop and pack my Okada here under this tree first.

2 Likes

Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by donbachi(m): 10:46am On Jun 30, 2020
Africans should wake up and emancipate themselves from mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by meobizy(f): 10:47am On Jun 30, 2020
Nairalanders occasionally eat rats so Beyonce isn't 100% wrong. She can tour South Africa if she wants but should view Nigeria as a no-go destination. We don't appreciate talent so much here and if her music can't make us dance then we don't want it.
Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by Emodeee: 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2020
Chidimsocheesy.
Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by Beckysexy(f): 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2020
FreakDesign:
They find attention for there
The lady is right but y'all won't see that. Well, I guess we're indeed Africans.

1 Like

Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by EmmaNuella77(f): 2:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
The lady is right.

My friends in diaspora keep saying that people over there continually ask them if nigerians/Africans live in huts/trees?

I'm like WTF!
Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by Arielle: 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
This girl deserves an award. kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by QuinieR(f): 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
Emodeee:
Chidimsocheesy.
Hi
Can’t access my mail
Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by Emodeee: 11:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
QuinieR:

Hi
Can’t access my mail

Why though? How can I reach you?
Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by SavageResponse(m): 7:53am On Jul 05, 2020
Arielle:
This girl deserves an award. kiss kiss kiss

Yes she does smiley

1 Like

Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by QuinieR(f): 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
Emodeee:

Why though? How can I reach you?
Through mention
How can I be of help
Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by TripA(m): 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
that the reality of shit
if your familiar with wild n out American comedy show the day Davido was the guest
the cast had to put on animal skin clothing I was like what all this
they literally think most of us still carry Spears and hunt and gather
bulll shit
Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by Emodeee: 11:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
QuinieR:

Through mention
How can I be of help

No alternative email through which I could reach you?
Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by QuinieR(f): 11:39pm On Jul 05, 2020
Emodeee:

No alternative email through which I could reach you?
Pls how can I help you MR
Re: Model Accuses Beyonce For Contributing To The Negative Way Africa Is Viewed by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 11:39pm On Jul 05, 2020
Apt . I need to go like that comment on twitter

(1) (Reply)

"Erica Might Get Disqualified This Sunday," Checkout What She Said Laycon / Dorothy Gave Me A Mouth Action And The Next Morning I Had A Swollen D*ck” - Brighto / Pastor Joshua Iginla Gifts Singer, Adeyinka Alaseyori Suv(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.