Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Become A Php/react JS Or Python/react JS Software Developer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Become A Php/react JS Or Python/react JS Software Developer (693 Views)

I Want To Add A Backend Tech To My Javascript Knowledge. Java, PHP Or Python? / Node.js Or PHP ? / JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Become A Php/react JS Or Python/react JS Software Developer by moatacad: 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
Moat Academy ( www.moatacademy.com ) is a leading coding boot camp in Africa situated in Lagos that enables as many interested even with no prior knowledge to become employable in a short period of time, as software developers who inculcate globally accepted best practices in software development.

Our program caters for various career paths in the software development industry:

Will you like to be an entrepreneur/ independent Consultant like Kenneth? Who graduated from Moat Academy in 2019 and developed a University Portal that successfully helped more than Fifteen Thousand candidates and the University’s board with their admission screening process.
Or
You will like to go into paid employment like Sunkanmi? Who also graduated from Moat Academy in 2019 and now works as a Software developer with Access Bank.

Above all, we give the competitive advantage that distinguishes our Alumni in the industry thus making them to have an accelerated career like (just to mention a few):

Mariam, Software Engineer – Interswitch Group:
She graduated from Moat Academy in August, 2017 and started her career with Concept Nova before leaving for AfricaCodes; from where she moved to Software Business Solution Consulting and now works as a Software Engineer with Interswitch Group
Mustapha, Software Engineer- UBA
He graduated from Moat Academy in April 2018 and joined Fidelity Bank as a Software Engineer. He now works with UBA.

Are you also looking forward to launching your career in the software development field and climbing the career ladder very fast?
Join us as we raise a new set of remarkable software developers before the end of the year 2020, by applying on https://moatacademy.com/signup/apply

Apply today, let us give you the ‘Moat’ advantage!

Commencement Date: August 31, 2020 (Application closes as soon as all our slots are filled or by August 23, 2020)
Duration: 12 weeks, Monday to Friday (9am to 3pm)
Re: Become A Php/react JS Or Python/react JS Software Developer by moatacad: 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
One of our Alumni ( mentioned above), Kenneth speaks on life during and after the boot camp

“…I’ve hosted my first application which helps more that fifteen thousand applicants and a university administrative body manage their screening process” - Kenneth

Moat Academy: Why did you choose Moat Academy for Developers?
Kenneth: At first, I chose Moat Academy because the training syllabus is rich, and the price tag is quite affordable. From my observation, I realized that the training environment is satisfying, and the tutors are widely experienced in their various fields and their training skills are awesome.

Moat Academy: How has things changed for you since gaining the software development skills?
Kenneth: Software development is a very attractive course because the world is gradually upgrading from the traditional ways of life into an automated process. From my experience so far, I realized that any software application built to tackle and solve a problem in our society is 100% welcome and appreciated by the society. After gaining my software development skills with the help of Moat Academy, I realized that commitment is a very serious task that must be considered to enable us accomplish a particular project, time management and self discipline is a big project on its own; how I was able to accomplish and launch my first application was by the grace of God, but I have taken a decision to always be a manager of myself and my activities.

Implementation is not as easy as it was during my training, though my mindset then was that my tutors were pushing us so hard within a short period of time, but being in the field with no tutor to help me manage my time and project is very demanding and confusing, I’ve been very careful.

Moat Academy: What was your biggest fear before coming to Moat Academy and what do you feel about it now?
Kenneth: My biggest fear was to work on an application on my own and to enable it to be accessed worldwide, thanks to Moat Academy’s commitment in my dream. Today, I’ve hosted my first application which helps more that fifteen thousand applicants and a university administrative body manage their screening process. The appreciation/recommendation after using the application is beautiful and encouraging.

Moat Academy: How will you describe your experience at Moat Academy?
Kenneth: Studying with more than 10 intelligent people in my cohort is not an easy task, most especially when you are not getting a particular line of code and others are done with it. But these challenges are what actually brought us closer and stronger together. Thanks to the tutors who always gave listening ears; they always guide and encourage me; I can’t stop thanking them.

The unstoppable weekend projects really gave me a lot of sleepless nights - during my training, I was in a different world, my relationship with friends was cut down to the minimum, most of my friends thought I was purposely avoiding them, they couldn’t understand that I was in the war front of software development. All these experiences are not wasted, and they are actually the fuel to my dream.

Moat Academy: What have been able to achieve with the training?
Kenneth: I’ve achieved so much from the training; Self-confidence, project management, debugging skills, project hosting, development/implementation of complicated application from scratch.

Moat Academy: What advice do you have for those coming into Moat Academy?
Kenneth: Like what a wise man will always say; you have to unlearn to learn. Don’t compete with your colleagues in class, compete with your doubts/fears. Don’t keep malice in a learning environment, always carry an open heart. Malice and anger can only discourage you and you might end up forgetting your initial purpose of learning. What brought you to Moat Academy is nothing compare to what you can achieve after your course.

Moat Academy: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Kenneth: I see myself developing and implementing an application that we need in our nation.

Apply today on https://moatacademy.com/signup/apply , let us give you the ‘Moat’ advantage!
Re: Become A Php/react JS Or Python/react JS Software Developer by moatacad: 8:56am On Jul 18, 2020
Below is another interview with one of our alumni, Sunkanmi (mentioned above) sharing his experience at the boot camp :

“I was able to develop a professional networking site and I now have a job as a Software Developer” – Sunkanmi

Can we meet you?

My Name is Sunkanmi Daniel Olawuwo. I studied Electrical and Electronics Engineering with no prior knowledge of programming before coming to Moat Academy.

What were you doing before joining Moat Academy?

I was a Field Engineer with a Remote Monitoring Solutions Company; I resigned because i wanted to change my career path.

What exactly do you want to achieve with the software development skills?

I am looking to pursue a successful career in software development; then establish tech startups that will proffer solutions to some of the challenges being faced in the world.

How has things Changed For you since gaining Software Development Skills?

It has helped me to understand and be able to work with the technology around me. In a way it has improved my communication, creative thinking, and self-confidence. It gives me a newfound sense of energy to really pursue the goals i want in life.

What was your biggest fear before coming to Moat Academy...?

My biggest fear was the complexity and difficulty attached to learning programming languages. I did not believe I would be able to understand programming and web development in that short space of time.

How I feel now?

I feel empowered because i have one of the most in-demand skills in the world. With God, hard work and consistency I am on course for a successful career in software development.

How will you describe your experience at Moat Academy?

The boot camp is a mirror image of what to expect out there as a software developer with daily assignments and mini-projects every week.

The approach to teaching is world class; the facilitators are patient and always ready to help.

What have you been able to achieve with the training?

Towards the end of the boot camp, we worked on our final projects. I was able to develop a web application (Professional Networking Site: which allows members to share posts, comment on posts, follow and unfollow one another) from scratch to completion and I now have a job as a Software Developer.

What advice do you have for those coming into Moat Academy?

My advice for them is that they should be devoted and dedicated to the training. Moat Academy has its own standards; students need to work hard in other to achieve the expected outcome after 11 weeks.

What is your future Outlook in Software Development?

I have a solid foundation thanks to Moat Academy, I am looking to learn more and grow through the ranks as quick as possible.

Apply today on https://moatacademy.com/signup/apply , let us give you the ‘Moat’ advantage!

(1) (Reply)

(Advice Needed) What Should I Do Next....? / X / React Native Developer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.