Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Opera Mini Problem - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Opera Mini Problem (1132 Views)

Gionee M2 Mini Problem / How Do I Recover Saved Pages From My Android Opera Mini / Download The New Opera Mini 6.5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opera Mini Problem by Wilfem(m): 10:55pm On Jun 14, 2007
I uses Nokia N-gage and I've been finding it difficult to use the Opera mini to browse on it. I uses Celtel line too and it has been configured for the Internet access. I've even used the settings from the Nokia Phone configurator website and it doesn't seem to solve the problem as it is still not browsing, but I can use it to browse on the Pc via Dial-up.
Does anyone know the settings Internet for Celtel which could be used on Nokia N-gage. I'll gladly appreciate it.
Re: Opera Mini Problem by otoidea(m): 12:31am On Jun 15, 2007
is it opera that has the problem or u jst want sum1 to tell u hw to get ur celtel browsin?? angry
Re: Opera Mini Problem by Mutee: 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2007
Help anybody. I downloaded opera mini to my nokia 6070 and then it checked for my gprs settings and all i get is 'network failure'. Tried re-downloading and all i get is the same response. Help me out anybody. Thanks is advance.
Re: Opera Mini Problem by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:54pm On Jun 15, 2007
wilfem has the settings already. its a nokia problem cause i also have a 3230 with internet settings and i can browse with it but when using opera even after running the network setup and try 2open a page it continues to process till eternity but on my motorola l6 it works without any problem. thats what am using to post now
Re: Opera Mini Problem by maxjax(m): 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2007
Mutee:

Help anybody. I downloaded opera mini to my nokia 6070 and then it checked for my gprs settings and all i get is 'network failure'. Tried re-downloading and all i get is the same response. Help me out anybody. Thanks is advance.

Are u sure you have activated your igprs? after activatin it u must create a new access point for your applications. you can do this by goin to your MENU_____SETTINZ____CONFIGURATIONZ____PERSONAL CONFIGURATION SETTINZ___then options then ADD NEW.
if symtoms persist, man just contact me,  u know the levelz. GUD LUCK. PEACE.>>>>>>IM OUT

adewaleafolabi:

wilfem has the settings already. its a nokia problem cause i also have a 3230 with internet settings and i can browse with it but when using opera even after running the network setup and try 2open a page it continues to process till eternity but on my motorola l6 it works without any problem. thats what am using to post now

Broda you have not keyd in the rite SETTINZ, if the rite settinz is in place, man ur opera mini must work, moreover dnt forget u must get your igprs configured, mind u IGPRS dnt use IP ADDRESS, if there is any space for IP just input 0.0.0.0 it only uses APN or for nokia itz calld PACKET DATA ACCESS POINT. i believe u know it.>>>>>>>IM OUT
Re: Opera Mini Problem by Wilfem(m): 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2007
I thank you all for your responses and I'm very sure that the problem would be eventually solved, even for the benefit of others.
@maxjax,
One of the Access points that have used is more or less of what you stated, (I mean the one that has no IP address)
I've used Opera on my particular phone before, but then was the time Celtel was doing their GPRS trial. I formatted my phone when it contracted one virus called comm warrior, so that was how I lost the settings. But these are the connection settings parameters on my Nokia Phone:
Connection name, Data bearer, Access point name, User name, Prompt password, Password, Authentication, Gateway IP address

(1) (Reply)

Settings Help. / How To Sync A Lg Phone With Your Pc! / Configuring Opera Mini On Black Berry 6330

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.