Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer (8172 Views)

Free Fullstack Web Dev. Boot Camp That You Can Start Now. / My Thoughts On Fullstack Web Development / React + Node Js : Fullstack Web Development Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by oluwasheun94(m): 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
lordally:

Of course na the task I was given is related to Software Engineering

We have lectures twice a week for 2hrs then we use the other days to practice ...omo I swear even at that it's too much there's not enough time to practice self.. lolss
guy abeg no vex say my questions dey too much o. But shey that practice go be at home or for the stutern venue ?
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by lordally(m): 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2020
oluwasheun94:
guy abeg no vex say my questions dey too much o. But shey that practice go be at home or for the stutern venue ?

I no dey vex my G...we dey for ourselves jawe!! Omo you can chose to go to The Stutern Lecture Space or you can do it at home!! It's our choice baba...Tualeee meeeeen
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by oluwasheun94(m): 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
lordally:

I no dey vex my G...we dey for ourselves jawe!! Omo you can chose to go to The Stutern Lecture Space or you can do it at home!! It's our choice baba...Tualeee meeeeen
Thanks man. But na you. Software Engineering. Na you o. That thing na for bosses. Na the online version I go do. I no dey stay for Lagos. Data no be problem for me.
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by QuantumR: 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2020
lordally:

I will like to make 1 or 2 enquiries from u regarding stutern if u don't mind...
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by lordally(m): 9:43am On Sep 03, 2020
oluwasheun94:
Thanks man. But na you. Software Engineering. Na you o. That thing na for bosses. Na the online version I go do. I no dey stay for Lagos. Data no be problem for me.

Baba I swear My head won knock walai!! But it's all good!! Cos a stable Future is all I seek...all these jobs of 50K per month no go secure my future! ....so since data no go be your issue omo I go advice make you go for am

2 Likes

Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by lordally(m): 10:59am On Sep 03, 2020
QuantumR:

I will like to make 1 or 2 enquiries from u regarding stutern if u don't mind...

No wahala bro...we dey for ourselves
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by QuantumR: 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2020
lordally:

No wahala bro...we dey for ourselves
My whatsApp No.
070694526$$
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by EZEEGOMONEY: 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2020
I need a sincere advice guys, Am an aspiring Software Engineer... But i stay in Abuja and am confused on the choice of Bootcamp...
1,There is NIIT Abuja...
2 Stutern but its only in Lagos.
NIIT Abuja's program is for 2 years MMS in Software Engineering plus a one year top up program in UK. But with the complains am getting from people online am scared to invest the high sum N1,250,000 and not get the best from them. Many are saying NIIT is dead in Nigeria and that its old name.

Below are the courses they offer.

Course Contents
SEMESTER 1
Certificate Title: advanced certificate in information technology (software engineering)

Technologies You Will Learn:
Logic building and effective problem solving.
RDBMS Essentials & T-SQL Programming.
Programming with python
Job Role Exit Profile:
Software Developer

SEMESTER 2
Certificate Title: Honors Diploma in information technology (software engineering)

Programming in java.
Developing web applications using servlets & JSP.
Automated Testing using JUNIT.
Job Role Exit Profile:
Web Developer

SEMESTER 3
Certificate Title: Advanced Diploma in information technology (software engineering)

Developing mobile apps on the Android platform.
Implementing JSF, hibernate, and Spring in Java EE Applications .
Intro to source control – GIT, Github.
Job Role Exit Profile:
Server Side Developer

SEMESTER 4
Certificate Title: Professional Diploma in information technology (software engineering – digiNxt)

Responsive web design using HTML5 & Jquery.
REST, AngularJ5 and REACT.
Test driven development in java, JQuery UI Development.
Job Role Exit Profile:
Enterprise Web Developer

SEMESTER 5
Certificate Title: Professional Diploma in information technology – Honors (software engineering – digiNxt)

Deploying cloud app using Google app engine.
Dev ops.
Project – 1 [Ecommerce Portal].
Project – 2 [ collaboration Platform].
Job Role Exit Profile:
Full Stack Developer

Then Option 2 is Stutern but the problem is that they are not in Abuja but only in Lagos.

Please anyone with vast Knowledge on this should advice me. The point here is to be employable here in Nigeria after graduation. Which Stutern offers... I need an sincere evaluation of these two options. Thanks so much.
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by ovanda(m): 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
Daejoyoung:

Second class lower, what cgpa exactly? Germany doesn't grade by second class or first class, they convert your cgpa directly to their grade format using a particular formula.
For example, after the conversion, a 3.48 cgpa might be equivalent to a 3.5.
Good day bros,i beg,i need to learn something from u. I studied electronic engineering here in nigeria and i would like to do my Ms.c in computer science in germany.
Is this possible and what would it require?

1 Like

Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by lordally(m): 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2020
EZEEGOMONEY:
I need a sincere advice guys, Am an aspiring Software Engineer... But i stay in Abuja and am confused on the choice of Bootcamp...
1,There is NIIT Abuja...
2 Stutern but its only in Lagos.
NIIT Abuja's program is for 2 years MMS in Software Engineering plus a one year top up program in UK. But with the complains am getting from people online am scared to invest the high sum N1,250,000 and not get the best from them. Many are saying NIIT is dead in Nigeria and that its old name.

Below are the courses they offer.

Course Contents
SEMESTER 1
Certificate Title: advanced certificate in information technology (software engineering)

Logic building and effective problem solving.
RDBMS Essentials & T-SQL Programming.
Programming with python
Job Role Exit Profile:
Software Developer

SEMESTER 2
Certificate Title: Honors Diploma in information technology (software engineering)

Programming in java.
Developing web applications using servlets & JSP.
Automated Testing using JUNIT.
Job Role Exit Profile:
Web Developer

SEMESTER 3
Certificate Title: Advanced Diploma in information technology (software engineering)

Developing mobile apps on the Android platform.
Implementing JSF, hibernate, and Spring in Java EE Applications .
Intro to source control – GIT, Github.
Job Role Exit Profile:
Server Side Developer

SEMESTER 4
Certificate Title: Professional Diploma in information technology (software engineering – digiNxt)

Responsive web design using HTML5 & Jquery.
REST, AngularJ5 and REACT.
Test driven development in java, JQuery UI Development.
Job Role Exit Profile:
Enterprise Web Developer

SEMESTER 5
Certificate Title: Professional Diploma in information technology – Honors (software engineering – digiNxt)

Deploying cloud app using Google app engine.
Dev ops.
Project – 1 [Ecommerce Portal].
Project – 2 [ collaboration Platform].
Job Role Exit Profile:
Full Stack Developer

Then Option 2 is Stutern but the problem is that they are not in Abuja but only in Lagos.

Please anyone with vast Knowledge on this should advice me. The point here is to be employable here in Nigeria after graduation. Which Stutern offers... I need an sincere evaluation of these two options. Thanks so much.

Do not pay that amount jooor...see assuming you were in Lagos now...I would have assisted you in the little way I can...emmm and as regards Stutem can you afford the 560k fee? If you can fine cos you can join them online but omo you need to make sure Light , finance and you're not working so you can concentrate full time ...if not you no go fit cope... Well omo as you no dey lag how we go do am na
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by Temiyaks28: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2021
Is stutern software development physical or. Online?
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by Temiyaks28: 9:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
lordally:

Do not pay that amount jooor...see assuming you were in Lagos now...I would have assisted you in the little way I can...emmm and as regards Stutem can you afford the 560k fee? If you can fine cos you can join them online but omo you need to make sure Light , finance and you're not working so you can concentrate full time ...if not you no go fit cope... Well omo as you no dey lag how we go do am na

I would love to join Stutern but I heard is online and I'm staying in lagos and far from Gbagada. I need a physical class
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by lordally(m): 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2021
Temiyaks28:

I would love to join Stutern but I heard is online and I'm staying in lagos and far from Gbagada. I need a physical class

It's online ooo via zoom classes if you need a physical class you can check Univelcity
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by olalekan9320(m): 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2021
lordally:

Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 15, 2021
iLearner:
Like someone said up there, you can't possibly become a full stack in three months. In fact, in my opinion, you can't master the whole of frontend in Just three months. JavaScript alone may gulp all of the three months to master and be able to make substantial projects with.

My advice;
Since you know HTML, you may want to go through semantic HTML briefly. That shouldn't take more than a week. Then try replicating user interfaces with your knowledge of HTML and CSS. It'll allow you master the arts.

Dive into JavaScript judiciously. Learn the basics, learn the concept of DOM and how to manipulate it. Then study advanced JavaScript concepts. Most times, you'll learn much better if you go through project tutorials. I recommend John Smilga on Udemy for this.

Remember to learn one thing at a time, but do not waste all the time trying to get advanced with HTML and CSS, because more than 60% of the codes you'll be writing for at least, interactive frontend projects will be JavaScript.

And then, backend can come into the picture.

Good luck sir!

Pls what's the difference between "HTML and semantic HTML"

Thanks
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by akus6060(m): 3:26am On Jan 15, 2021
Google can do us a lot of good

Thanks[/quote]
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by iLearner: 7:18am On Jan 15, 2021
Randy91:

Thanks

Back in the days, HTML was just meant to define the appearance of a webpage on a browser, and nothing more. But with Semantic HTML, webpages can now expressively show the meaning of each content on the pages. This enables web engines or screen reader and other devices determine the significance of each content on the webpage.

Tags such as header, section, article, etc are semantic HTML tags. So when you have a screen reader reading through the pages, it can determine what part of the webpage it currently reads and the importance or significance of that part of the webpage.
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 15, 2021
iLearner:

Back in the days, HTML was just meant to define the appearance of a webpage on a browser, and nothing more. But with Semantic HTML, webpages can now expressively show the meaning of each content on the pages. This enables web engines or screen reader and other devices determine the significance of each content on the webpage.

Tags such as header, section, article, etc are semantic HTML tags. So when you have a screen reader reading through the pages, it can determine what part of the webpage it currently reads and the importance or significance of that part of the webpage.

First thank you for your speedy response..

Pls pardon me for my this foolish I am about to ask..

Can I say HTML5 equates a "Semantic HTML"?

I am also a newbie, I started self_learning this January

Thank you
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by daryur01(m): 10:31am On Jan 28, 2021
Re: Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer by The5DME(m): 8:24am On Aug 25, 2022
N

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VB.NET Problem, Printing Receipt With Thermal Printer From Crystal Report. / .NET Is A Dead & Useless Language - .NET programmers come and defend yourselves / Where Are The Flex Developers in Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.