Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Devweb And Smes - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Devweb And Smes (209 Views)

Free Social Media Marketing Training For SMEs! / Why Smes Should Keep Accounting Records / Business Plan Writers For Startups And Smes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Devweb And Smes by williyberry007: 7:07am On Jul 17, 2020
Many people and companies are victims of or had one time or the other fallen into what we tag (devweb) the developers web.
Web development & Devweb
Developers Web in context; is developing solutions that client doesn’t have the capability to continue servicing or managing, in turn continue paying a developer or contracting others so the project moves from step A to B. As “web” in this context isn’t referring to Web as in online but rather Web as in cobweb like the Web of a spider.
Some developers build this Web to trap their clients so they can continously exploit them, one way of doing this is explained in example below.
Case study:
Imagine you are a loan company or even a real estate firm or an individual with this brilliant idea and has deployed an application to this effect. The industry has thousands of developers ( developers web) specializing in CMS Frameworks, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, React.js, Flutter, C languages and more.
Web development / developers web and businesses. As a company with little money to through around, it would have been an excellent option to deploy your project based on talent accessibility, affordability and scalability with continuation at heart. But the developer’s web is when developer advices you to go for services and programming language that you, as a company or individual can’t maintain or sustain. Rather than really explaining the reality of how to make things simpler and faster, they rather would put you through a more rigorous path.
Another Instance is, having to build an app without finding out if your audience really requires such services, but it’s built anyway, because you thought it’s needed and advised of a developer ( developers web ) to think so.
In reality; well, my advice is, if your service isn’t required every day or every other week by a particular user then an app isn’t needed. The idea of an app is accessibility on the go. Why should it be a driving force of your decision making, when I really don’t have the need to access the app?
Imagine paying so much to deploy a solution with a high maintenance cost, taking into consideration the developer cost ( developers web ) and server charges, 9 to 16 months down the line no profit recorded and inevitable upgrades need to be performed on these deployed solutions and additional cost is incurred by you to continue with this deployment and for everything you need done, there is a charge that follows.
Continue Reading on next article on DevWeb

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Free And Premium Blogger/ Template? / Please, I Need A Plugin To Pull News To My Blog Like Cybersyn / How To Create A Social Media Like Instagram 2020- Simple Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.