Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Do You Have ADHD? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Have ADHD? (260 Views)

15 Awesome And Cool Math Games And Learning Apps For Kids With ADHD / The Most Fun Math Activities, Games, And Puzzles For Children With ADHD Introd / Navigating Your Dissertation With ADHD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have ADHD? by Randommikey(m): 4:20am On Jul 20, 2020
I know right?

What the hell is ADHD?

It’s short for attention deficit/hyperactive disorder and a lot of people have been living with it, especially here in Nigeria, and they don’t don’t know it.

Now this is not a sure diagnosis but, if you think you have symptoms contact your doctor for a proper diagnosis.

Now let’s jump in, shall we?

Are you always absent mind?
Do people say you’re always cutting them off mid sentence?
Do think a lot? (Not necessarily important thoughts)

Now let me elaborate.

When someone is talking, and you’re look at the person, you’re looking at his eyes. “Or no”. You think. “I should be looking at his/her mouth”. “Or maybe his/her nose”. “Ahhh that’s weird”. Before you realize it, you’ve missed almost everything the person is saying.

Or let’s say you go to the kitchen to get a glass of water and end up coming back with snacks and everything in the fridge except water.

How about when you’re reading, you hear your voice reading out the words to you in your head but then, after a while, you have no idea how you got to the page you’re currently on.

You find very long things boring, you’re terrible with names and you don’t have the best memory.

You hardly ever observe tiny details, like when someone bought new shoes or painted they’re nails.

You misplace things a lot

If you have all of these symptoms, then I’m happy to tell you, your village people are innocent and you have ADHD. Well this is the attention deficit part, or just ADD i guess.

If you have any questions I’ll answer them.

Note: This is not an official diagnosis, visit your doctor for confirmation. And you don’t have to worry, you’re not a mad person.
Re: Do You Have ADHD? by Megaflex(m): 7:26am On Jul 20, 2020
Mostly happens to church freaks. Those who claim to speak in tongues have ADHD
Re: Do You Have ADHD? by Randommikey(m): 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
Megaflex:
Mostly happens to church freaks. Those who claim to speak in tongues have ADHD

What do you mean?
Re: Do You Have ADHD? by Randommikey(m): 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
Is it because I said “hear a voice in your head”?

When you read, don’t you hear your voice reading the words out in your head? Or do you just look at the words?

(1) (Reply)

Get It Right With These Seven (7) Questions During Project Defence / How To Get Paid $100,000 To Go To Us University For Free In 2020! / Final Year Student Of FUTA Gets Suspended For Hacking Into Premium Times Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.