Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,167 members, 7,842,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart (7854 Views)

Nigeria Unemployment Rate Surges To 9.9 Percent / A Pie Chart Showing The Pattern Of Buhari's Appointments / Lagos Tops Nigeria's Most Indepted States (see Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by oludashmi(f): 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2011
^^^^ alh, we can read now, do you have to take a whole page to express yourself? smiley
Obviously, the NDs are their own problems.

Kobojunkie:

Again , Is English a problem there? undecided

Again, Lagos has a population almost 10 times of Bayelsa's. Bayelsa recieves, I believe more than 10 times of what Lagos gets from the Federal Government in Allocations. I don't see the rationale in claiming that Bayelsa is at some disadvantage in all this when it does not have the population burden Lagos has, and it does not have to borrow money to take care of it's business. 

Yes, the state, and Local Government have a role in all this, but Jonathan was once part of that himself and did not see fit, apparently, to change the trend at the state level. Ofcourse it concerns people still that a man who was unable to perform much at the state level, helped hand his state over to PDP when he was eventually elected at the national level,  has the audacity to call other state Governor's, rascals, maybe because they would rather not vote him, given his record of non-performance(More talk and not much game to back up the talk).

I feel your points
Leave those guyz to keep arguing with the air. . .this is one reason the state wont get better cos their pple keeps blaming FG instead of their leaders.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by 10cirenoh: 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2011
Beaf:

What is the name of your state, because these days even Zamfara people claim SS. Charlie, what is the name of your state? The only none PDP states in the SS are Edo and Ondo and sorry to say, but they feed off Bayelsa.
The only states that can point a finger at Bayelsa are Sokoto, Lagos and ND states. Yours does not qualify (whatever it is).

It is even doubly foolish when it is considered that the figures we are talking about are some voodoo emanating from the ethnically based party called ACN.

Dude, in truth, you are just a bloody parasite that is laughing at its victim. Bayelsa feeds your fvking state.

See this foool, which state is feeding from your useless state? is your state not getting allocations? are they not getting more than most of the states in Nigeria? with a population of just 2million, what has your leaders (yes those hat wearing monkies who think they can be mistaken for a cowboy in texas grin grin grin grin grin) what are they doing with their allocation? charity starts from home, what are you governors doing with all your allocation? LOOT AND THEN DRESS LIKE A WOMAN? loot using your wife as the handbag or what exactly?

You guys are just damn lazy and even if the oil is left to your people, you would end up killing eachother out of greed to the extent that no one's going to be able to live in that part of the country.

Yeye lazy azz,

See, Lagos survived without federal allocation for a while, but can your Bayelsa survive without one? My state is deriving another means of sourcing income and they're copying from the best hands in Nigeria.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by oludashmi(f): 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2011
agitator:

Some tourist taking photo. Bayelsa next tourist spot on earth

why do you keep exposing that state? Bushes, weeds and stagnant flood as tourist attraction shocked shocked shocked
have you ever seen anyone upload such an undeveloped environment for his state on NL before?
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by jason123: 3:28pm On Feb 11, 2011
10cirenoh:

See this foool, which state is feeding from your useless state? is your state not getting allocations? are they not getting more than most of the states in Nigeria? with a population of just 2million, what has your leaders (yes those hat wearing monkies who think they can be mistaken for a cowboy in texas grin grin grin grin grin) what are they doing with their allocation? charity starts from home, what are you governors doing with all your allocation? LOOT AND THEN DRESS LIKE A WOMAN? loot using your wife as the handbag or what exactly?

You guys are just damn lazy and even if the oil is left to your people, you would end up killing eachother out of greed to the extent that no one's going to be able to live in that part of the country.

Yeye lazy azz,

See, Lagos survived without federal allocation for a while, but can your Bayelsa survive without one? My state is deriving another means of sourcing income and they're copying from the best hands in Nigeria.

+100 wink
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Feb 11, 2011
Redman44:

Nigeria is indeed a complex nation shocked shocked  I can't believe Bayelsa has a lot of unemployed youths even though it is an oil producing state. Residents and citizens of the state should start to ask their leaders tough questions. The same thing applies to all the Niger Delta states. Community leaders in these oil producing states are working hand in hand with corrupt Governors and Senators to share the allocations sent from Abuja. The leaders in the Niger Delta are the nemies of their own people. People should wake up cry cry cry

When you say things like "Nigeria is a complex", what exactly do you mean? All I see is a country where people are all too willing to make excuses for the ineptitude of their leaders, while those leaders, knowing this ,continue to take advantage of the people since no one seems ready to hold them accountable.

If you have a child that you refuse to discipline or make more responsible. Do you sell people the idea that this child is complex?
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Ibime(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2011
na_so:

Make u no cos me again for here or else we go throw e-blows oh cool cool

Your arms are too short to box Mr Ebieberi!   cool

na_so:

Bros dis your ITK don dey cross border o. While accusing me of not stating the reasons why unemployement level is so high(or possibly the highest as alleged), you failed to address the many posters who have used this thread as an avenue to extend the insults GEJ has been receiving sincere the "RASCAL" statement in oyo. Most posters are either directly or indirectly putting  the blame of this unemployement rate  on GEJ.

I have no problem with anyone insulting GEJ, Alaibe, Sylva or Alams.

If the fact that GEJ has elevated to Federal level is a reason to protect his name, you are mistaken my friend.

We all know good Governance when we see it and no amount of political spin can alter the reality on ground.

Why should the ACN candidates in Bayelsa not attack the incumbents on their poor record on unemployment? Are they not in opposition?

We can compare ACN Governance to PDP governance, and even a blind man would tell you that any state shifting from PDP to ACN is in for an uptrend.

na_so:

I know the unemployement rate in Bayelsa is high, BUT UNTIL THE ACTUAL STATS FROM FOS ARE MADE AVAILABLE, IT IS FALSE TO CLAIM THAT BAYELSA HAS THE HIGHEST UNEMPLOYEMENT RATE. Please prove that I am wrong.

National Bureau of Statistics:

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/generaltopics/?p=78442
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by oludashmi(f): 4:00pm On Feb 11, 2011
Excess Crude Oil Savings Account;Federal, state & local government in Nigeria share $1bn

The Federal Government, state and local governments in Nigeria are reported to have shared $1billion from the $4billion Excess Crude Account (ECA) in December 2010. An emergency meeting of the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) (which some newspapers claim was "shrouded in secrecy"wink, attended by the commissioners of finance and their accountants-general in the 36 states, was reportedly held on December 31, 2010.

The allocation was disbursed in US dollars and the Federal Government received $458.31million, the states received $232 million, and the local governments received $179 million. The oil-producing states also shared a balance of $130 million based on derivation - Bayelsa State received $47.1m, Akwa Ibom, $43.6m; Rivers, $40.6m; and Delta, $33.0m.

Kano, Lagos and Kaduna had the highest allocation for non-oil producing states:Kano state received $20m,[b] Lagos state received $15m [/b]and Kaduna state received $15m.

http://www..com/ng/nigeria-national-debt-finance/6590-excess-crude-oil-savings-account-federal-state-and-local-government-in-nigeria-share-1bn.html
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by ekubear1: 4:04pm On Feb 11, 2011
^-- So Bayelsa receives more derivation money than even Rivers?

$15 million for Lagos, 47.1 for Bayelsa?

Bayelsa with a tiny population of 2 or 3 million, yet nothing to show for it?

Is it me, or should all of Bayelsa's past governors be investigated by the EFCC?

Where did all the money go to?

How can you earn more money than Rivers, yet be even less developed than Ekiti?

Na wa o!
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Feb 11, 2011
Bayelsa State received $47.1m ---  2 - 3 million population
Lagos state received $15m -- population suggested to be at ~17 million (2010)

Ok . . . maybe not exactly 10 times but per capita, it sure seems that way.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by ekubear1: 4:22pm On Feb 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Bayelsa State received $47.1m ---  2 - 3 million population
Lagos state received $15m -- population suggested to be at ~17 million (2010)

Ok . . . maybe not exactly 10 times but per capita, it sure seems that way.

Kobo, it is more like 18 times per capita, if we use 3 million. $15.70 for Bayelsa per person, 88 cents for Lagos.

Employment figures as of March 2009:

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/ext/latest_release/LabourForcestat.pdf

38%+ of Bayelsans unemployed, compared to the national average of 19.7%.

Wow.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Beaf: 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2011
10cirenoh:

Yeye lazy azz,

What a donkey!
Hehe! I'm not from Bayelsa, so you are the FOOL here! And regardless of how you look at it, my state is better than your dump. Thank God!

You claimed to be from the SS and instead you have been shown to be a crusty arsed parasite whose state produces fvkall, yet you can open your parasitic mouth to lash those that feed you and who you have perpertrated human rights abuses against for half a century.

Dude, whats the name of your fvking parasitic state na? grin
Is it too hard to tell us? Lets know whether you add value to Nigeria or if your states "other source of income" is from the export of your women to Italy (underage and overage, young and old, unmarried and married).

Dunce.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by sirp2007: 5:03pm On Feb 11, 2011
Tis just a propaganda,where did he get its statistic 4rm?which state in 9ja is nt suffering 4rm acute unemployment or impoverished?
btw;am nt GEJ supporter and will never be,bt 2 be frank he is nt d course of bayelsans plight.come 2 think of it whose responsibility it is to create job?until we look at d right direction we will continue 2 see shadows.
GEJ is nt d course of of high rate of unemployment in bayelsa or in any other part in 9ja,its mainly cause by lack of entrepreneurial spirit,(Egyptians that re protesting 2day still hv a better econ than us irrespective of their bad govt).A country that is orchestrated to consume rather produce will definitely be in a mess.All states go 2 d centre 2 see wht they can get ''allocation''nt What they can contribute
We dont need tis kind of sensitisation by mr Imoro Kubor,a retired perminate sec.he should tell us d initiative he brought to life while in service.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by 10cirenoh: 12:38am On Feb 12, 2011
Beaf:

What a donkey!
Hehe! I'm not from Bayelsa, so you are the FOOL here! And regardless of how you look at it, my state is better than your dump. Thank God!

You claimed to be from the SS and instead you have been shown to be a crusty arsed parasite whose state produces fvkall, yet you can open your parasitic mouth to lash those that feed you and who you have perpertrated human rights abuses against for half a century.

Is it too hard to tell us? Lets know whether you add value to Nigeria or if your states "other source of income" is from the export of your women to Italy (underage and overage, young and old, unmarried and married).

Dunce.

You this fooool, you still never learn? lol, now you're no longer from Bayelsa? anyways your oga is from Bayelsa and he was among those who sucked the state dry (with the help of his market woman's wife).

Well my state is a state that most of the states in Nigeria can only dream of, we have alot of people that has added value to Nigeria in all ramification.
Be it Sport
Administration
Politics
Education
Musically
Financially
Socially
Just too much, we ain't just a state, we are a kingdom respected not just in Nigeria but all over the world

Mention Edo state, mention one of the greatest kingdom in Africa who were able to govern themselves even before those criminals called Britain came in.

Edo state has alot of girls giving us bad names, but our positives surpasses our negatives, besides most girls caught in the act usually claim edo state, but when you investigate deeply, you find them with names like Iyabo, Bose, Ogene, Taiwo e.t.c.

My state on that Employment figures as of March 2009 shows that we aren't lazy nor useless to Nigeria.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Kobojunkie: 5:13am On Feb 12, 2011
na wa ooo!!
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by seanet02: 5:50am On Feb 12, 2011
ODECHUKWU see ya life
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Kobojunkie: 5:54am On Feb 12, 2011
^^^^ if you knew the meaning of that word, I bet you would not use it again. It is actually an insult to God , and not to whomever you think it is. 

Odechukwu ==> God, the Idio-t | Idi-ot God!
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by seanet02: 6:01am On Feb 12, 2011
You dont get it, chukwu in YORUBA land is a slang for a sluggish person. ODE is the real koko. ODECHUKWU
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Kobojunkie: 6:04am On Feb 12, 2011
seanet02:

You dont get it, chukwu in YORUBA land is a slang for a sluggish person. ODE is the real koko. ODECHUKWU

I know what it is taken for by some riffraffs but the meaning is what matters to those who not only want to open their mouths to echo words they have heard used on the streets . . . 

again . . .

^^^^ if you knew the meaning of that word, I bet you would not use it again. It is actually an insult to God , and not to whomever you think it is. 

Odechukwu ==> God, the Idio-t | Idi-ot God!

If you feel you have to use insulting words, why not use words with established meanings that you are well aware of . . . there are even better ways of making any point you want to.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by agitator: 8:16am On Feb 12, 2011
oludashmi:

why do you keep exposing that state? Bushes, weeds and stagnant flood as tourist attraction shocked shocked shocked
have you ever seen anyone upload such an undeveloped environment for his state on NL before?

What do you mean? Is it everybody that has the privilege of seeing natural rain forest? Untouched & unblemished. cool
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by 10cirenoh: 10:27am On Feb 12, 2011
^^^^

See excuse, natural rain fores when most of the population of just 2 million live in creeks and hunts?
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by seanet02: 10:38am On Feb 12, 2011
The same place where ODECHUKWU wants to build floating cities on water
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Feb 12, 2011
Herd mentality . . . . Nigerians ehn!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by ekubear1: 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2011
seanet02:

The same place where ODECHUKWU wants to build floating cities on water

I hope it is just the result of him reading too many sci-fi books, not something he plans on literally implementing, lol. Would be a colossal waste of money.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Righton: 10:49am On Feb 13, 2011
eku_bear:

^-- [b]So Bayelsa receives more derivation money than even Rive[/b]rs?

$15 million for Lagos, 47.1 for Bayelsa?

Bayelsa with a tiny population of 2 or 3 million, yet nothing to show for it?

Is it me, or should all of Bayelsa's past governors be investigated by the EFCC?

Where did all the money go to?

How can you earn more money than Rivers, yet be even less developed than Ekiti?

Na wa o!
Bayelsa became no 1 in derivation allocation after President Jonathan gave the state a waiver from the offshore-onshore dichotomy
Today, Bayelsa is the only state that gets derivation money without restriction as to where its oil is produced
Others are limited to oil falling within 200m water isobaths

Lagos does not get oil derivation allocation
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:17am On Feb 13, 2011
Beaf:

What a donkey!

Dunce.

So, in order to defend Bayelsans, you insult other groups? You just sound desperate and emotional here.

1. How exactly is Delta better than Edo? I would actually like to know. I can't claim to know as much about Delta state as you or many others on here, but I don't really see it, so enlighten me.

2. From which states do people who have "perpetrated human rights abuses against Bayelsans for half a century" hail from? Name the specific states.

3. The prostitution situation in Edo state is sad and reprehensible, but the last time I checked, prostitution was actually work, even if illegal and dangerous to one's health and that of society. Not to say that Edo state's greater development than Bayelsa derives from prostitution, because it actually doesn't, contrary to what you might think, but Bayelsa's unemployment figures, if actually true, should clearly also be a source of shame and embarrassment for the Bayelsans.

4. As far as adding value to Nigeria, how do you define that? I thought there was a general agreement on this forum that oil was, in so many aspects, a curse to Nigeria ("Dutch disease"wink, so don't use oil as an example of "value".  How then does Bayelsa add more "value" to Nigeria than where 10cirenoh is from? Are they employing more Nigerians there? I don't see it, really, but if 10cirenoh is indeed from Edo state, his state, even if landlocked, would probably develop faster independent of Nigeria, than Bayelsa is developing now in Nigeria, so you should leave the "parasite" argument out of it. Also, no Edo state people are really forcing Bayelsa to be in Nigeria.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:24am On Feb 13, 2011
eku_bear:

Kobo, it is more like 18 times per capita, if we use 3 million. $15.70 for Bayelsa per person, 88 cents for Lagos.

Employment figures as of March 2009:

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/ext/latest_release/LabourForcestat.pdf

38%+ of Bayelsans unemployed, compared to the national average of 19.7%.

Wow.

What's going on in Nassarawa, Kwara, Niger, Kaduna, Kebbi, and Zamfara? undecided Who's employing who, and for what?

Is unemployment in Akwa Ibom really comparable to that in Bauchi? undecided

Do you really believe these statistics? undecided undecided Or are you just joining in on the "sh1t on Bayelsa" parade? Answer honestly, please.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by ekubear1: 1:00pm On Feb 13, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

What's going on in Nassarawa, Kwara, Niger, Kaduna, Kebbi, and Zamfara?  undecided Who's employing who, and for what?

Is unemployment in Akwa Ibom really comparable to that in Bauchi?  undecided

Do you really believe these statistics?  undecided undecided Or are you just joining in on the "sh1t on Bayelsa" parade? Answer honestly, please.

Hard to say without seeing the methodology used. And even then, this is an area of statistics I've not studied at all. So I'd need to spent some time understanding the field a bit.

However, assuming that their methodology is valid, then the overall conclusion (that Bayelsa is under-performing as far as employment goes) seems reasonable.

Assuming that the methodology is good, seems unlikely that there is enough error/systematic bias to make a state with a great employment rate actually measure out amongst the worst. Unless someone in that department is purposefully fcking around with the stats to make Bayelsa look bad. . . something that seems a bit implausible.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2011
eku_bear:

Hard to say without seeing the methodology used. And even then, this is an area of statistics I've not studied at all. So I'd need to spent some time understanding the field a bit.

However, assuming that their methodology is valid, then the overall conclusion (that Bayelsa is under-performing as far as employment goes) seems reasonable.

Assuming that the methodology is good, seems unlikely that there is enough error/systematic bias to make a state with a great employment rate actually measure out amongst the worst. Unless someone in that department is purposefully fcking around with the stats to make Bayelsa look bad. . . something that seems a bit implausible.

Ok, but this doesn't seem to be about whether Bayelsa is under-performing to a great extent, but that they are apparently the most under-performing. Why aren't the apparent unemployment rates of Akwa-Ibom and Rivers attracting the same condemnation, press, and commentary when they are apparently troubled states as well? Where are their ACN political announcements?

I'm also skeptical of how they found out that Bauchi, Katsina, etc., just so happened to be slightly (1%) better than Bayelsa.

Also, it seems entirely plausible that a state that may actually have an awful unemployment rate was given a great unemployment rate in those statistics.

Nassarawa state has one of the lowest GDP's and GDP per capita from available data but somehow has one of the highest employment rates? undecided What's going on there? What are they employing them to do there?

I know there's a lot of activity in Jos/Plateau, but what's in Nassarawa, exactly? If someone can tell me what's going on there that they've got it so good, I will take back all that I said.

Also, what's going on in Kebbi?

I think they got the real data, and then jumbled a few states about a little bit in a random manner, to downplay a north-south divide.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by ekubear1: 1:47pm On Feb 13, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Ok, but this doesn't seem to be about whether Bayelsa is under-performing to a great extent, but that they are apparently the most under-performing. Why aren't the apparent unemployment rates of Akwa-Ibom and Rivers attracting the same condemnation, press, and commentary when they are apparently troubled states as well? Where are their ACN political announcements?
Well, certainly being dead-last despite being a major oil-producing state is more compelling from a news perspective than under-performing.  Though ultimately it doesn't seem to make much sense to use media coverage of the survey itself to then judge how valid the survey is, right?

I'm also skeptical of how they found out that Bauchi, Katsina, etc., just so happened to be slightly (1%) better than Bayelsa.
I wish they published their methodology and the dataset they compiled so these questions could be answered.

Also, it seems entirely plausible that a state that may actually have an awful unemployment rate was given a great unemployment rate in those statistics.
And just as plausible that any systematic errors in fact understate unemployment.

Nassarawa state has one of the lowest GDP's and GDP per capita from available data but somehow has one of the highest employment rates? undecided What's going on there? What are they employing them to do there?

I know there's a lot of activity in Jos, but what's in Nassarawa, exactly? If someone can tell me what's going on there that they've got it so good, I will take back all that I said.
From what i understand, one of the better farming states in the nation.

Also, what's going on in Kebbi?

I think they got the real data, and then jumbled a few states about a little bit in a random manner, to downplay a north-south divide.
An interesting hypothesis. Sorta wonder why "they" would do it in such a way to make the VPs state look terrible, though.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Becomrichn: 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2011
v

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Out Of 10 Nigerians Wants The National Assembly To Reconvene / Army Commends Ugwuanyi For Training Traffic Personnel On Discipline / Discos To Close 10m Meter Deficit In 5 Yrs – ANED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.