Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / . (3133 Views)

The Clearvu Fence / Fancy 20watt Solar Light For Your Fence . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Aboguede(m): 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
Re: . by zeelo2014: 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2020
Following
Re: . by Muyiwaipere(m): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
Aboguede:
Please mods push

Contractors and engineers kindly direct me.

I want to fence 50/100 plot of empty land and I want to know the following;

1, How many blocks
2, how many bags of cement for the shoking
3, how many trips of sand and which kind

Thanks in advance

2000 blocks
25 bags of cement
4 trips of sand (with plaster)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Johntemmy(m): 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2020
Aboguede:
Please mods push
Contractors and engineers kindly direct me.
I want to fence 50/100 plot of empty land and I want to know the following;
1, How many blocks 2, how many bags of cement for the shoking 3, how many trips of sand and which kind
Thanks in advance
move it to property section bro.
https://www.nairaland.com/4103704/get-timber-plank-roofing-cheaper
Re: . by aremuforlife(m): 10:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
You can go through this article,
When we talk about Fencing projects, I know someone would want to wonder why fencing is very important to us. Well, fence is very important as it helps secure your plot of land from encroachment. Now I am going to write on how you could easily calculate the number of Blocks Required to Fence a Plot Of land with ease.

Do not forget that I have an article describing how to calculate fencing Project but on that post, I chose to use a plot measuring 100ft by 60ft as a case study.

On this current post, I'll be using a plot measuring 100ft by 50ft but then, it's all the same procedure except you've never been a fervent reader here.

So how do we calculate the number of blocks required to fence one plot of land?

From this Post, You will get to know:
The number of bags of cement needed for this project,
Amount of sharp sand that will be required as well as the
Number of trips of granite you'll need

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 100 feet by 50 ft, a standard plot

Also Read: How To Calculate The Number Of Bamboo Required For Decking work

This calculation is based on 6 inches block fence and by the time I'm done, you'll only need to ask your engineer when he's commencing work on your site.

How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks To Fence One Plot Of Land

Before we start, lets understand The measurement we are using is 100 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 200 ft. (10 x 2) = 200

The breadth is 50 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 100 ft (50 x 2) = 100

Then (200 + 100) that is 300 feet perimeter line fencing.

The calculation For Number a of Blocks Goes Thus

(we are to convert this 300 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 300 ft which is 3600 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 3600 inches or 300 feet, we would need to divide 3600 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18 inches.

Also Read: Advantages Of Molding Your Own Blocks

Now 3600 inches divided by 18 inches is approximately 200 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 200 multiplied by 9 which is 1800 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud.

Note: Its always recommended that you make an allowance by adding 10% of the total number of blocks to cater for breakages but you can still decide to work with just 1800 since I know we didn't leave space for joints.

Also Read: The Most Easiest Way To Make Money In Nigeria

Now let's consider other things
Now that we've known the number of blocks required to fence a plot of land, the next question would focus on ascertaining the number of bags of cement that would enable us bond the 1800 blocks calculated above.

HOW MANY BAGS OF CEMENT WOULD BE REQUIRED TO BOND THE 1800 BLOCKS?

In our normal English we call the act of bonding Setting of block

By standard, it is required that a bag of cement be used for 70 blocks (it could be lower if you're using hollow blocks)

Therefore, for 1800 blocks, you'll need 1800/70 = 25.71 bags of cement or approximately 26 bags of cement.

Note: This highly depends on the mix ratio used for mortar. Mix ratio could differ, it all depends on the engineer on site.

As For the number of Trips Of granite you'll need, it all depends on what your pocket can carry.

Also Read: Standard Sizes Of Rooms And Location In a Mansion

While I recommend that granite be incorporated into the foundation concrete, it's not compulsory that it be used. This of course depends on where you are, for a plot of land situated in a highly swampy area, casting is very compulsory, it may even be decided that reinforced concrete be used before introducing blocks.

Well, I hope I've been able to describe in details how to easily calculate the number of blocks required to fence your plot of land in Nigeria, especially for a 100 by 50ft plot.

Feel free to use the comment section to ask your questions. Do not forget

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

at 07:32
45 comments:

Claire3 August 2018 at 08:52
Quickly this site will indisputably be famous among all blogging people, because of its fastidious articles or reviews.

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu3 August 2018 at 18:22
Thanks for saying so dear. It means a lot to me

Seysony31 August 2019 at 14:33
Greetings. My Engr. I have a land measuring 200feet x 200feet to fence. With d calculation pattern u stated above,I have used it to get d total of blocks I needed, which is 2500 blocks and 40 bags of cement for bonding d blocks together. The ideal coaches or level is 4 coaches or levels. My question is, does it require a reinforced concrete plant at d middle of the line of each side of the land?

Seysony31 August 2019 at 14:34
At each corner, does it also requires a concrete with iron rods and d middle

Arc. Victor Onuoha9 August 2020 at 11:36
@seysony that's a long length and I will advice you introduce pillars maybe at each 10 blocks space

Richard Nwachukwu10 August 2020 at 19:40
Introducing a pillar at 10 block span will leave a weak wall. Make a pillar every 6 blocks especially if the said plot is located close to a road way!

6 blocks will be strong but also ensure you consider the nature of the soil as some soil would require reinforcements due to weak or poor bearing capacity

Unknown7 August 2018 at 09:44
Wow this is beautiful.
More Grace to you

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu26 August 2018 at 17:51
You're welcome sir

About Peter Oluwashina26 August 2018 at 15:44
Dear Sir, what if the land is dry one, does iron rod needed for pillar fencing again? And how many trip of granite needed likewise.

Can you give us the cost price of all these items please. Thanks

Richard Nwachukwu26 August 2018 at 17:53
Please use any of the contact details on the "Contact Page" to send the dkmensions of the piece of land under consideration

Aronkie29 October 2018 at 22:21
Hello, thanks for this valuable information. Is the number of blocks for pillars included in the 2119 please? Thank you.

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu30 October 2018 at 05:27
Nope. This is for a flat wall only.

Aart17 March 2019 at 16:56
Please Sir can you calculate for me the amount of blocks and cement needed to fence 70/100 plot of land (8 feet high) which has 3 bedrooms built on the land.

Unknown13 May 2019 at 21:09
Very helpful.Thanks a million

Emmanuel Hygienus (Emmatex)8 June 2019 at 18:13
Great piece. I find this very useful as it will sure help my planning. Thanks Mr. Nwachukwu.

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu8 June 2019 at 19:05
I'm glad you found it useful sir.

Godofisaac8 June 2019 at 20:00
Wow! Thumbs up guys. This is so comprehensive. Thanks so much for this article. This blog is dope.

Unknown6 August 2019 at 07:58
Nice one sir, very useful...but what of the blinding for the foundation of the fence?

David6 August 2019 at 11:23
Enter your comment...sir concerning 1acre of land, sir how many 6inch block will b needed to fence it up to 12coach

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu7 August 2019 at 13:34
If the 1 acre of land is 200 x 200 ft, then I'll need to work extra to get the number of blovks required

So confirm the dimension

Richard Nwachukwu31 August 2019 at 15:28
@Seysony
The use of Reinforced concrete on fence projects depends on a few factors

1. Location of Fence with reference to the road. If the fence is very close to a busy road, specially that plied by heavy duty trucks/Heavy vehicular traffic, then its highly recommended that you put a column at every 6th block

2. The nature of the soil: If the site is located on a plot with weak soil/peat or swampy area, you can use Columns also

3. Size of the Plot: This is where I think you need most. You mentioned 200 x 200. So if you're fencing this, I think you'll need to place columns at regular intervals. The gap between each column is something that must be decided by the site engineer considering factors 1 & 2 above.

However, if you have money, you can also use columns wherever you want it

Enjoy

Replies

Arc. Victor Onuoha9 August 2020 at 11:39
Awesome

Unknown4 February 2020 at 18:44
Great job thanks for that.

Kingsley20 March 2020 at 12:47
Great, thanks engr it really means a lot to me.
Now I can estimate how much it will cost me to make a fence in my land

Unknown21 March 2020 at 20:32
Thanks for the great work done. Please may I know the trip of sand that will be needed for the block sitting for 1575 blocks

Anonymous27 March 2020 at 15:01
Thanks for your detailed blogging. God bless you sir.

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu27 March 2020 at 22:01
You are very much welcome dear

Jea Mulalangabo7 April 2020 at 22:39
Thanks for your help. This is good and helping.

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu10 April 2020 at 09:13
You're welcome sir. Thanks for finding time to read through

Anonymous10 April 2020 at 22:52
Please how many blocks will it take me to fence 7 plots of lands and bags of cements?

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu11 April 2020 at 01:21
Can you please contact me with your survey plan so I can give an estimate with 101% accuracy? +2347035528329

Harjimoney11 April 2020 at 07:43
1800*7=12,600 blocks
26*7 =128 bags of cements

Prince K21 April 2020 at 13:41
How many blocks will be required to fence 2 plots of land measuring 100ft by 60ft each, please? How many blocks will be required for the columns set at 6 blocks apart? Lastly, how many bags of cement are needed for bonding?
Thank you.

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu21 April 2020 at 23:51
Please quickly reach me on +2347035528329

Emmy29 April 2020 at 00:02
Interesting

Saint4 June 2020 at 23:56
Hello there, great job with your calculations . It is very helpful. However, i wish to point out a fundamental point of note in your calculation. Your calculation was for a flat fence that had all for sides sealed. if you make a provision for a gate, then the width won't be 50x2 because the gate will take up a large chunk of the front wall. Great article sir.

Sam Afonoghara6 June 2020 at 14:36
Thanks for your enlightenment, it helped a lot

Unknown4 July 2020 at 18:48
Thank you so much...I've gained a lot..

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu4 July 2020 at 21:54
I am glad it helped you sir

Jim6 July 2020 at 11:12
Cost of rods and qty of sand for mortal for a plot of land

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu6 July 2020 at 13:06
It's not every fence that requires rod.

https://www.guardianconstructors.com/2018/07/how-to-calculate-number-of-blocks-to-fence-a-plot-of-land.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: . by arcahmad(m): 6:58am On Aug 23, 2020
50*300=15000mm
100*300=30000mm

2 blocks make 1000mm

So we have 15000/1000=15'- 15*2 blocks =30 blocks per course for 1 side

To summerise this,
30*2 (for two opposite side)
60*2 (for two opposite sides)
After that multiply by number of courses you want. I hope this help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Giftexx: 7:43am On Aug 23, 2020
Wonderful building construction tutorial
aremuforlife:
You can go through this article,
When we talk about Fencing projects, I know someone would want to wonder why fencing is very important to us. Well, fence is very important as it helps secure your plot of land from encroachment. Now I am going to write on how you could easily calculate the number of Blocks Required to Fence a Plot Of land with ease.

Do not forget that I have an article describing how to calculate fencing Project but on that post, I chose to use a plot measuring 100ft by 60ft as a case study.

On this current post, I'll be using a plot measuring 100ft by 50ft but then, it's all the same procedure except you've never been a fervent reader here.

So how do we calculate the number of blocks required to fence one plot of land?

From this Post, You will get to know:
The number of bags of cement needed for this project,
Amount of sharp sand that will be required as well as the
Number of trips of granite you'll need

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 100 feet by 50 ft, a standard plot

Also Read: How To Calculate The Number Of Bamboo Required For Decking work

This calculation is based on 6 inches block fence and by the time I'm done, you'll only need to ask your engineer when he's commencing work on your site.

How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks To Fence One Plot Of Land

Before we start, lets understand The measurement we are using is 100 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 200 ft. (10 x 2) = 200

The breadth is 50 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 100 ft (50 x 2) = 100

Then (200 + 100) that is 300 feet perimeter line fencing.

The calculation For Number a of Blocks Goes Thus

(we are to convert this 300 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 300 ft which is 3600 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 3600 inches or 300 feet, we would need to divide 3600 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18 inches.

Also Read: Advantages Of Molding Your Own Blocks

Now 3600 inches divided by 18 inches is approximately 200 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 200 multiplied by 9 which is 1800 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud.

Note: Its always recommended that you make an allowance by adding 10% of the total number of blocks to cater for breakages but you can still decide to work with just 1800 since I know we didn't leave space for joints.

Also Read: The Most Easiest Way To Make Money In Nigeria

Now let's consider other things
Now that we've known the number of blocks required to fence a plot of land, the next question would focus on ascertaining the number of bags of cement that would enable us bond the 1800 blocks calculated above.

HOW MANY BAGS OF CEMENT WOULD BE REQUIRED TO BOND THE 1800 BLOCKS?

In our normal English we call the act of bonding Setting of block

By standard, it is required that a bag of cement be used for 70 blocks (it could be lower if you're using hollow blocks)

Therefore, for 1800 blocks, you'll need 1800/70 = 25.71 bags of cement or approximately 26 bags of cement.

Note: This highly depends on the mix ratio used for mortar. Mix ratio could differ, it all depends on the engineer on site.

As For the number of Trips Of granite you'll need, it all depends on what your pocket can carry.

Also Read: Standard Sizes Of Rooms And Location In a Mansion

While I recommend that granite be incorporated into the foundation concrete, it's not compulsory that it be used. This of course depends on where you are, for a plot of land situated in a highly swampy area, casting is very compulsory, it may even be decided that reinforced concrete be used before introducing blocks.

Well, I hope I've been able to describe in details how to easily calculate the number of blocks required to fence your plot of land in Nigeria, especially for a 100 by 50ft plot.

Feel free to use the comment section to ask your questions. Do not forget

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

at 07:32
45 comments:

Claire3 August 2018 at 08:52
Quickly this site will indisputably be famous among all blogging people, because of its fastidious articles or reviews.

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu3 August 2018 at 18:22
Thanks for saying so dear. It means a lot to me

Seysony31 August 2019 at 14:33
Greetings. My Engr. I have a land measuring 200feet x 200feet to fence. With d calculation pattern u stated above,I have used it to get d total of blocks I needed, which is 2500 blocks and 40 bags of cement for bonding d blocks together. The ideal coaches or level is 4 coaches or levels. My question is, does it require a reinforced concrete plant at d middle of the line of each side of the land?

Seysony31 August 2019 at 14:34
At each corner, does it also requires a concrete with iron rods and d middle

Arc. Victor Onuoha9 August 2020 at 11:36
@seysony that's a long length and I will advice you introduce pillars maybe at each 10 blocks space

Richard Nwachukwu10 August 2020 at 19:40
Introducing a pillar at 10 block span will leave a weak wall. Make a pillar every 6 blocks especially if the said plot is located close to a road way!

6 blocks will be strong but also ensure you consider the nature of the soil as some soil would require reinforcements due to weak or poor bearing capacity

Unknown7 August 2018 at 09:44
Wow this is beautiful.
More Grace to you

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu26 August 2018 at 17:51
You're welcome sir

About Peter Oluwashina26 August 2018 at 15:44
Dear Sir, what if the land is dry one, does iron rod needed for pillar fencing again? And how many trip of granite needed likewise.

Can you give us the cost price of all these items please. Thanks

Richard Nwachukwu26 August 2018 at 17:53
Please use any of the contact details on the "Contact Page" to send the dkmensions of the piece of land under consideration

Aronkie29 October 2018 at 22:21
Hello, thanks for this valuable information. Is the number of blocks for pillars included in the 2119 please? Thank you.

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu30 October 2018 at 05:27
Nope. This is for a flat wall only.

Aart17 March 2019 at 16:56
Please Sir can you calculate for me the amount of blocks and cement needed to fence 70/100 plot of land (8 feet high) which has 3 bedrooms built on the land.

Unknown13 May 2019 at 21:09
Very helpful.Thanks a million

Emmanuel Hygienus (Emmatex)8 June 2019 at 18:13
Great piece. I find this very useful as it will sure help my planning. Thanks Mr. Nwachukwu.

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu8 June 2019 at 19:05
I'm glad you found it useful sir.

Godofisaac8 June 2019 at 20:00
Wow! Thumbs up guys. This is so comprehensive. Thanks so much for this article. This blog is dope.

Unknown6 August 2019 at 07:58
Nice one sir, very useful...but what of the blinding for the foundation of the fence?

David6 August 2019 at 11:23
Enter your comment...sir concerning 1acre of land, sir how many 6inch block will b needed to fence it up to 12coach

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu7 August 2019 at 13:34
If the 1 acre of land is 200 x 200 ft, then I'll need to work extra to get the number of blovks required

So confirm the dimension

Richard Nwachukwu31 August 2019 at 15:28
@Seysony
The use of Reinforced concrete on fence projects depends on a few factors

1. Location of Fence with reference to the road. If the fence is very close to a busy road, specially that plied by heavy duty trucks/Heavy vehicular traffic, then its highly recommended that you put a column at every 6th block

2. The nature of the soil: If the site is located on a plot with weak soil/peat or swampy area, you can use Columns also

3. Size of the Plot: This is where I think you need most. You mentioned 200 x 200. So if you're fencing this, I think you'll need to place columns at regular intervals. The gap between each column is something that must be decided by the site engineer considering factors 1 & 2 above.

However, if you have money, you can also use columns wherever you want it

Enjoy

Replies

Arc. Victor Onuoha9 August 2020 at 11:39
Awesome

Unknown4 February 2020 at 18:44
Great job thanks for that.

Kingsley20 March 2020 at 12:47
Great, thanks engr it really means a lot to me.
Now I can estimate how much it will cost me to make a fence in my land

Unknown21 March 2020 at 20:32
Thanks for the great work done. Please may I know the trip of sand that will be needed for the block sitting for 1575 blocks

Anonymous27 March 2020 at 15:01
Thanks for your detailed blogging. God bless you sir.

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu27 March 2020 at 22:01
You are very much welcome dear

Jea Mulalangabo7 April 2020 at 22:39
Thanks for your help. This is good and helping.

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu10 April 2020 at 09:13
You're welcome sir. Thanks for finding time to read through

Anonymous10 April 2020 at 22:52
Please how many blocks will it take me to fence 7 plots of lands and bags of cements?

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu11 April 2020 at 01:21
Can you please contact me with your survey plan so I can give an estimate with 101% accuracy? +2347035528329

Harjimoney11 April 2020 at 07:43
1800*7=12,600 blocks
26*7 =128 bags of cements

Prince K21 April 2020 at 13:41
How many blocks will be required to fence 2 plots of land measuring 100ft by 60ft each, please? How many blocks will be required for the columns set at 6 blocks apart? Lastly, how many bags of cement are needed for bonding?
Thank you.

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu21 April 2020 at 23:51
Please quickly reach me on +2347035528329

Emmy29 April 2020 at 00:02
Interesting

Saint4 June 2020 at 23:56
Hello there, great job with your calculations . It is very helpful. However, i wish to point out a fundamental point of note in your calculation. Your calculation was for a flat fence that had all for sides sealed. if you make a provision for a gate, then the width won't be 50x2 because the gate will take up a large chunk of the front wall. Great article sir.

Sam Afonoghara6 June 2020 at 14:36
Thanks for your enlightenment, it helped a lot

Unknown4 July 2020 at 18:48
Thank you so much...I've gained a lot..

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu4 July 2020 at 21:54
I am glad it helped you sir

Jim6 July 2020 at 11:12
Cost of rods and qty of sand for mortal for a plot of land

Replies

Richard Nwachukwu6 July 2020 at 13:06
It's not every fence that requires rod.

https://www.guardianconstructors.com/2018/07/how-to-calculate-number-of-blocks-to-fence-a-plot-of-land.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: . by Mide3367: 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
Space booked cheesy
Re: . by Clerkjohnson181: 4:01am On Aug 25, 2020
Giftexx:
Wonderful building construction tutorial
Please can someone help me urgently on how to get ( C of O) on a 1 by 2 plot of land and also how much it will cost me. But I got my Government surveyor document already ever since I bought it and I don’t know if my plot is safe with just that. Please I need your help people embarassed

(1) (Reply)

N10m Investment / Racksterli Is 100% Legit / Is La Buena Vida Project Legit Or Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.