Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,187 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Avatar Sequel? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar Sequel? (892 Views)

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... / Avatar And Ben-10 Boys / Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avatar Sequel? by ijawgirl: 11:30pm On Feb 21, 2011
I absolutely loved Avatar and also hope that James Cameron does pull the trigger for the sequel fairly soon. Most likely scenario would be another war on Pandora with another tribe like the Na'Vi but evil. There is all kinds of different rumors and speculations ranging from it being on one of the other moons, to RDA coming back in full force.

good idea or bad?
Re: Avatar Sequel? by ijawgirl: 11:33pm On Feb 21, 2011
"Aliens." "Terminator 2: Judgment Day." James Cameron knows how to make a sequel, revisiting fully created fictional worlds, taking what's already established and trying to outflank what came before. That's been the director's plan since embarking on his technology-revolutionizing quest to being "Avatar" to the big screen, and with the film's mammoth first weekend behind it, an alien love story sequel we almost certainly shall get.

In a pre-opening discussion with MTV News, Cameron spoke at length about his plans for his burgeoning sci-fi franchise and where the story will pick up following the first film's game-changer of an ending: Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) successfully and permanently transfers his consciousness to his big blue Na'vi avatar after falling in love with Princess Neytiri (Zoe Saldana).

Cameron made clear that the next film won't be a prequel, recounting previous backstory, but will begin after the events of the initial movie. "We'll follow Jake and Neytiri," he confirmed.

In fact, Cameron intends to follow the couple for another two films. "I have a trilogy-scaled arc of story right now, but I haven't really put any serious work into writing a script," he said.

The next two films, however, won't necessitate the four years of production time that "Avatar" took to perfect its motion-capture technology and computer-generated environments and beings. "Part of what we set out to do is create a world and create these characters," Cameron said. "From the time we capture and finish the capture, it's literally nine to 10 months to get the CG characters working, to get their facial musculature working. , So now we have Jake, we have Neytiri. Sam can step right back into it, the characters will fit them like a glove, and we'll just go on. So a lot of the start-up torque that had to be done for one movie really makes more sense if you play it out across several films."

So where will the challenge be for a director who so famously craves one, from the intensity of shooting underwater for months for 1989's "The Abyss" to the mega-budgeted, initially ridiculed "Titanic" in 1997?

"My next goal is to refine the technique, make it easier so it doesn't take as long," Cameron said. "We were doing a lot of pioneering work on 'Avatar.' It wouldn't have taken as long if we already knew exactly how to do it."

Source: MTV News

Re: Avatar Sequel? by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 22, 2011
great idea.

since they dont make trekkie series anymore like they used to. . . . .
Re: Avatar Sequel? by semid4lyfe(m): 8:00am On Feb 22, 2011
Can the sequel surpass the first one?

I doubt it smiley
Re: Avatar Sequel? by WackyJ1(m): 8:34am On Feb 22, 2011
I'm very skeptical about this. I like Avatar and i'm looking forward to a sequel but i don't want the magic of the first film( and having just one film) ruined especially if the second film doesn't meet up.
Re: Avatar Sequel? by obinna5000(m): 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2011
@ijaw_girl
"Avatar" will have two sequels coming out 2014 and 2015.
Who knows, maybe the sequels will be better than the first.
Re: Avatar Sequel? by justkunmi(m): 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2011
I bet my Green on it that Cameron would ditch the Blue puppets and make us watch Red indians. . .Literarily. .
Re: Avatar Sequel? by ijawgirl: 5:24pm On Feb 22, 2011
so we have to wait till 2014 n 2015 undecided undecided
Re: Avatar Sequel? by obinna5000(m): 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2011
ijaw_girl:

so we have to wait till 2014 n 2015 undecided undecided

@ijaw_girl
Yes!!
Re: Avatar Sequel? by WackyJ1(m): 8:04pm On Feb 22, 2011
Why do we have to wait? If it was in Nigeria we would have had those two sequels by next month
Re: Avatar Sequel? by obinna5000(m): 8:09pm On Feb 22, 2011
WackyJ1:

Why do we have to wait? If it was in Nigeria we would have had those two sequels by next month

@WackyJ1
grin grin grin
Re: Avatar Sequel? by thimbook2(m): 8:59pm On Feb 22, 2011
Let's hope we see another matrix trilogy
Will really spice up things in the sci-fi/adventure genre
Re: Avatar Sequel? by radhemohan: 5:15am On Feb 25, 2011
well avatar is nice movie to watch.i am sure its sequel is more intresting.
Re: Avatar Sequel? by candylips(m): 12:42am On Feb 27, 2011
Avatar is the best movie i have watched in a very very long time. I absolutely loved it. Will love a sequel
Re: Avatar Sequel? by sanjaysing: 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2011
i am waiting for this and i will surely gonna watch this but before i am going to watch Kids in America movie.its a comedy movie and i am sure it will be a great movie.i watched its trailor its looking awesome so i decided to watch this.however i like to watch movies online rather then to go cinema and watch there.so i will watch Kids in America online.what are you thinking?
Re: Avatar Sequel? by Wbong: 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2011
i doubt it will be good

(1) (Reply)

Skyfall Becomes First James Bond Movie To Rake In Over $1bn / Your Favourite Wwf/wwe/tna Wrestler / Gabriel Afolayan And Meg Otanwa In Ojuju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.