Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Ghost Of My Errors - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghost Of My Errors (235 Views)

GHOST OF A NATION (the death of time). / The Lost Ghost / Ghost Of The Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ghost Of My Errors by Sommypan(m): 10:02am On Sep 15, 2020
Will you marry me, Somtoo?” she asked as she knelt before me.

What was this girl doing? Why was she embarrassing both herself and I? Now, everyone was looking at me, anticipating my reply. Why was she so impatient?

We were at her friend, Chioma’s engagement party and even though she and everyone had been expecting me to pop the question at her, I just wasn’t able to do it. Don’t ask me why. And now, she had taken the bull by the horns; she had done what her man couldn’t do. Wasn’t there a saying to that effect? What a man can do…

Anyway, I just could not allow her to kneel forever. She needed an answer everyone needed an answer, and somehow, even I needed the answer.

But what jumped out of my mouth was, “No. I can’t do it.” And then I left. The last time I saw Anita, she was looking very devastated, like someone who had a head-on collision with a speed train. The image would haunt me for a long time to come.

Read more ➡️ https://www.thezenpens.com/2018/12/04/ghost-of-my-errors-a-flash-fiction-by-somtoochukwu-benedict-ezioha/

(1) (Reply)

GODMAN QUOTE 30 (digest It Without Eating It) / Buddy / Ailment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.