Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Deleted - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Deleted (1616 Views)

Comedian Mr. Macaroni Slams Atiku Over Deleted Tweet About Late. Deborah / Deleted / Your Whatsapp Account Will Be Deleted If You Don't Agree To New Terms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deleted by Immaculate755(m): 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2020
Re: Deleted by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
First of all, calculate what you would get if you had 5.0 for the next four semesters, added to your current CGPA, unless you want us to calculate for you. undecided

Secondly, ask yourself if you're up to the task of getting anything around 4.5 for the next four semesters.

If the above seems too much, I'd advise you just focus on upping your CGPA to 3.0 at least so that you can improve your 2nd class lower. What matters is for you graduate well and 2.2. isn't bad cos you can still do master's degree with it.

Reality: currently your 2nd class lower is weak. Work on building it up so you don't fall to 3rd class cos that's around the corner. Anything less than your current CGPA is 3rd class o!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deleted by Bqudds: 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2020
[b][/b]yes if you really work hard bruh
Re: Deleted by ciro11(m): 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2020
It would be a miracle, but don't give up cuz anything can happen sha you just have to work extra hard so as to maintain parallel A's for the remaining semesters
Re: Deleted by PetersKID(m): 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2020
I am not a prophet but I know, you are a student of OAU.

5 Likes

Re: Deleted by AYO2930(m): 11:23pm On Sep 25, 2020
Do your best by at least having 4.5GPA for next four semesters
Prepare yourself to be a job creator and not a job seeker

1 Like

Re: Deleted by Ahumanbeing: 11:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
Sort it out
Re: Deleted by mayprince(m): 3:37am On Sep 26, 2020
Immaculate755:
Hi Nairalanders, pls I need your help on this matter.
Pardon my grammatical errors.

Am a 400 level student (of one the top ranked Federal University) on a 5year programme. As at 300 level second semester my overall CGPA ( i.e my CGPA from part 1 to part3) is 2.6 and funnily enough i didn’t have any carryover from part 1 till date.
My issue now is that is there any possibility of graduating with second class upper (2.1) at all.

People who have encountered the same difficulties during their undergraduate days and still graduated with good grade should please come to my aid.

Ur advice will be greatly appreciated.

Caveat
Still have 4 semesters left (part 4&5 1st &2nd semester)

what course are you studying?
Re: Deleted by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 26, 2020
At Radiance Research Resources

We provide:

Grammarly (grammatical errors and structure)
Turnitin (best plagiarism checker)
Quillbot (best plagiarism remover)

We also provide dissertation and article writing services at affordable fee.

We help researchers publish their papers in high indexed journals without any payment or publication fee. Remember, the slogan "publish or perish".

We untie every Gordian knot.

Ààrẹ Tèmítáyọ̀ Ọláníyan, MSc.
Team Lead,
Radiance Research Resources, Ilorin
www.http:///2348066206090
Re: Deleted by majesticguy: 6:25am On Sep 26, 2020
It's quite possible, that's if you are ready to work hard & smart. By working hard, i mean total dedication to your studies for the remaining 4 semesters.

Also try to work smart, by working smart i mean doing the following:

Get past questions & study every lecturer's method of setting questions.

Associating with your course mates who are very good academically, try to find out how they ace their courses.

Pay special attention to your courses with 3 credit unit & above( read em' as if your whole life depends on it).

For the remainder of your 2 years, try as much as possible to dedicate everything to your studies, i mean 100%. A minimum of 5.0 for each of the remaining 4 semesters should get you a very weak 2.1(probably 3.5 on the spot). It would be a herculean task trust me, but if you are determined, you would eventually sail through.

Wish you the very best.
Re: Deleted by femi4: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2020
Immaculate755:

Am a 400 level student (of one the top ranked Federal University) on a 5year programme. As at 300 level second semester my overall CGPA ( i.e my CGPA from part 1 to part3) is 2.6 and funnily enough i didn’t have any carryover from part 1 till date.
My issue now is that is there any possibility of graduating with second class upper (2.1) at all.

People who have encountered the same difficulties during their undergraduate days and still graduated with good grade should please come to my aid.

Caveat
Not possible, even with four 5.0....you ll probably end up with 3.3 or 3.45
Re: Deleted by Dreamliner787(m): 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2020
You know what to do.
Re: Deleted by Eje2019: 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
Yes very possibl
Re: Deleted by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
Immaculate755:

Caveat
Nope. I advise that you start afresh.
Re: Deleted by yusman14(m): 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2020
PetersKID:
Lol..we are in spirit together..seeing part4&5 only...sef indicates that he belongs to great Ife...
Re: Deleted by 21cents: 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
not possible to attain 2:1 again I no go lie you.

options: start afresh like I did before switching. wrote jamb at 500L and got admitted same year to another 4yrs school. tho I would've wanted to complete the initial quest at 500l but my 3rd class grade demoralized me so I dropped out. but in your case 2.2 ain't so bad so I'd advise you to complete it.

write jamb now in case you're still determined to make a good grade in another school. I did and now I'm blazing strong 2:1 at 200L. the ball is in your court, but whatever you decide, finish this current course since it's 2;2. you can complete this simultaneously wih other course you're starting afresh. The key is to make an impressively high grade in your first year. so sad no one could orientate me in my initial admission, time has passed but im glad that things are falling into place now for me academically.

1 Like

Re: Deleted by sageb: 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
Immaculate755:

Caveat
after 6 semesters, you can only end in 2.2 that is if you work hard so you don't have any C/O in the remaining 4 semesters. This is the sad reality.
Re: Deleted by Haykins2115(m): 5:25pm On Sep 26, 2020
Same case here too,although I'm in 200lv with cgpa of 2.35 that's third class,but I want to finish with second class upper,I don't know if that's going to be possible,
Note that this 2.35 is for my 100lv cgpa,hoping to start 200lv when school finally resume, and I have 2 more years to go,that means it's a four years course.

Pls is it still possible for me to end up with 2.1?
Re: Deleted by saheedniyi22(m): 6:38pm On Sep 26, 2020
Haykins2115:
Same case here too,although I'm in 200lv with cgpa of 2.35 that's third class,but I want to finish with second class upper,I don't know if that's going to be possible,
Note that this 2.35 is for my 100lv cgpa,hoping to start 200lv when school finally resume, and I have 2 more years to go,that means it's a four years course.

You need 3.83+ every year till final year to finish with a 3.5,
If you have 4.0 every year/semester it is very possible
Re: Deleted by Haykins2115(m): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2020
saheedniyi22:

You need 3.83+ every year till final year to finish with a 3.5,
If you have 4.0 every year/semester it is very possible
Alright thank you so much
Re: Deleted by SamuelLoch: 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2020
OP, I don't know the Federal Government university you attend, but I read OAU somewhere at the top and you didn't counter it.
If its OAU, don't calculate your CGPA using statistical averages. Calculate it as your cumulative TCP and TNU.

CGPA = (Current TCP + Previous TCP) / (Current TNU + Previous TNU)

So, you would need your departmental handbook to calculate your TNU, then forecast your TCP if you want to be true to yourself...
Re: Deleted by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 26, 2020
Haykins2115:

Just work on entering 2.2 so you can do master's degree directly. If you're highly determined, you can also have a 2.1 but stepping up two grade levels is no joke.

1 Like

Re: Deleted by frankobobby(m): 10:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
If you've not gotten a 4.something in any of the previous semesters, the chances of getting are narrow. You might be able to hustle to 3.5
Re: Deleted by mujibson(m): 2:18am On Sep 27, 2020
PetersKID:

It's a no brainier. It's OAU students that use 'part' instead of 'level'

(1) (Reply)

Do My Statistics Homework / Omega Fire Pastor Dr. Azemhe Azena Matriculate Today / Opinion: Solution To ASUU Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.