Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

*removed* - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / *removed* (398 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / Can A Bungalow Roof Be Removed And Reused After Decking The Building? / Can Gerard Stone Coated Be Removed And Reinstall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*removed* by pricy007(m): 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
*removed*
Re: *removed* by pricy007(m): 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
*removed*
Re: *removed* by HundHunter(m): 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
Can you screenshot the roof design plan with dimensions to check the estimated area of the roof.

The carpenter should be able to sketch one if you don't have an existing architectural drawings.
Re: *removed* by pricy007(m): 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
*removed*
Re: *removed* by HundHunter(m): 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
pricy007:
I'm doing just normal roofing and about the dimensions the sketch building plan is with the site engineer, I was only thinking 422 square meter seems much coz most meters I'm seeing for 3 bedroom is 300 square meter and below

What is the length and breath of the building?
Re: *removed* by Samfloxin(m): 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
The carpenter na robber...he wan use roof im own house.

1 Like

Re: *removed* by pricy007(m): 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2020
Samfloxin:
The carpenter na robber...he wan use roof im own house.
my brother I'm more than confuse, all the planks which he quoted are times 2 all the quotation I'm seeing online
Re: *removed* by twinskenny(m): 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2020
pricy007:
my brother I'm more than confuse, all the planks which he quoted are times 2 all the quotation I'm seeing online

baba you cant really say for for now.. get someone to help you measure the dimension.. very important

cc money121
Re: *removed* by pricy007(m): 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
*removed*
Re: *removed* by MRFIXER001: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
Well, based on my experience on civil engineering field, you can't arrive at the conclusion if you don't have the building plan or the roofing plan. The roofing plan determines alot when it comes to this.

The only advise I can give is to tell your engineer to get more quote for the roofing from different carpenters, compare the price, get the materials by yourself and call the carpenter for the work.

1 Like

Re: *removed* by Johntemmy(m): 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
pricy007:
Good day my fellow nairalanders and building expert,

I want the building expect in the house to kindly help me look into this roofing quotation given to me by a carpenter for my 3 bedrooms bungalow, (just 3 bedrooms all ensuit with small laundry room and toilet).

Note : the quotation is with aluminum parapet.

I intend using metcopo aluminum sheet, I told the carpenter already I don't want extreme tall roofing just normal coz the building is high on its own cuz it's 3 couches after the lintel.

Kindly comment if you've experience in building also. Thanks as you contribute

the woodwork part is really over quoted for 3bedroom.thats what you got when you gave it all to the carpenter..some of them like to over quote for there benefit ...I'll like to know the assure square meter of the building or send me the building roofingplan then I'll tell you all you needs.
I can handle the job sir I'll supply you straight and long woods ... I'll give you my capenter to do good job am giving you sawmil woods for the quoted amount and I will give you lesser price for fadala..thank you.
Re: *removed* by pricy007(m): 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
MRFIXER001:
Well, based on my experience on civil engineering field, you can't arrive at the conclusion if you don't have the building plan or the roofing plan. The roofing plan determines alot when it comes to this.

The only advise I can give is to tell your engineer to get more quote for the roofing from different carpenters, compare the price, get the materials by yourself and call the carpenter for the work.
I've the building plan sir, the rough plan is with the engineer which he's using fior the building while we awaiting the approval of the original copy, I might have to collect the sketch plan from him tomorrow for more explanation
Re: *removed* by pricy007(m): 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
Johntemmy:

the woodwork part is really over quoted for 3bedroom.thats what you got when you gave it all to the carpenter..some of them like to over quote for there benefit ...I'll like to know the assure square meter of the building or send me the building roofingplan then I'll tell you all you needs.
I can handle the job sir I'll supply you straight and long woods ... I'll give you my capenter to do good job am giving you sawmil woods for the quoted amount and I will give you lesser price for fadala..thank you.
location matters sir
Re: *removed* by Johntemmy(m): 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
pricy007:
location matters sir
yes I know but In terms of quality,dependable goods and professional services in other to get the best I think it doesn't matter cos all you need is good job and to save cost.
Re: *removed* by MRFIXER001: 10:09pm On Sep 29, 2020
Please do, it will be much easier for the quantity surveyor to review the quote with the plan.
pricy007:
I've the building plan sir, the rough plan is with the engineer which he's using fior the building while we awaiting the approval of the original copy, I might have to collect the sketch plan from him tomorrow for more explanation
Re: *removed* by adegbenga80592: 10:37pm On Sep 29, 2020
Your evaluation and reactions will be highly appreciated
Re: *removed* by 1stNumeroUno: 11:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
I'll suggest you get quotes from 2 more carpenters to compare price.
Also someone above asked for the length and breath of the building, because the shape of the house matters a lot in roofing. I did something similar last year at I gulped 1.8m.

Your Site Engineer too can advise.
Re: *removed* by Samfloxin(m): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2020
pricy007:
Get another carpenter
Re: *removed* by pricy007(m): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2020
Samfloxin:

Get another carpenter
alrt sir

(1) (Reply)

6 Bed Toom Bungalow For Sale @ Alake Unilag Estate Ikotun Lagos / Uncompleted Modular Refinery For Sale@ogun State / Roofing Your Building Soon? SEE THIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.