Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Finding It Difficult To Uninstall This Program On My System - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Finding It Difficult To Uninstall This Program On My System (752 Views)

Is Anybody Else Finding It Difficult To Access His Gmail Account / How Do I Uninstall Avast Antivirus? Its Proving Difficult. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finding It Difficult To Uninstall This Program On My System by ujuslims(f): 12:04pm On Jun 23, 2007
Hi people,
I installed a program called Adobe Illustrator sometime ago on my lappy. Recently I went to contol panel- Add or Remove Programs to uninstall or at least modify the program and it keeps telling me that the setup has been interrupted and cannot continue. I tried deleting the foder from Program Files and reinstalling the program and I still get the same message. do yu have any idea wot I should do about this?
Re: Finding It Difficult To Uninstall This Program On My System by abohrandy: 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2007
try the registry!!
Re: Finding It Difficult To Uninstall This Program On My System by ujuslims(f): 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2007
Hi abohrandy, wot am I supposed to do in the registry? plz explain, I'm not really a whizkid
Re: Finding It Difficult To Uninstall This Program On My System by inze(m): 1:48pm On Jun 23, 2007
before going to the registry, try these

go to program files from your local drive,

then delete the whole folder,

if it resist, open the folder and delete the deletables,

afterwhich u should proceed to the folder "common files" under program file and see it there's any folder likely to the software,

if yes delete as well

after all these pathetic deletings, you restart you computer, then if you want to re-install, then follow these steps

go to the regedit

locate hkey Local machine

From the select software

Locate the name for the software (be careful)

when u find it, select the folder and press that key on your keyboard that says "Del"

You might need to reboot your system again

after these, if you want to see the software again, check in abiss ( grin )

I n z e
Re: Finding It Difficult To Uninstall This Program On My System by abohrandy: 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2007
ok i think we have to go through this step but step
i have sent u an add request.
i won't be online tomorrow so monday will do.
Re: Finding It Difficult To Uninstall This Program On My System by abohrandy: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2007
inze has it but if u don't code. u can always buzz ur boi
i'll be there

(1) (Reply)

Wanted: Good Laptop Fixer / Urgent Attention / Lg Notebooks How Reliable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.