Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,878 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (4336 Views)

Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post / Buhari And APC Campaign Rally In Akwa Ibom State (Live Photos Updates) / Godswill Akpabio's Defection To APC (Live Photos & Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 09, 2020
-

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: - by doggedfighter(f): 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2020
You have written
Re: - by dalongjnr: 8:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hmm!
Re: - by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2020
-

2 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2020
-

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2020
-
Re: - by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
-

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2020
-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2020

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: - by landforeast(m): 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2020
God gave us everything in this country but we chose not to open our eyes and utlilise God given gifts to better our life. Imagine if it is UAE that is occupying Nigeria. Someone will leave here and pay huge amount of money visit Desert safari in Dubai when we have a lot of Tourism Attraction cneterd here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by Rossinky: 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
landforeast:
God gave us everything in this country but we chose not to open our eyes and utlilise God given gifts to better our life. Imagine if it is UAE that is occupying Nigeria. Someone will leave here and pay huge amount of money visit Desert safari in Dubai when we have a lot of Tourism Attraction cneterd here

Stop moaning and blaming, and do something YOURSELF.

Building recreational and tourist facilities is not the government's job.

It is the job of the PRIVATE SECTOR, ie YOU.
Re: - by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 09, 2020
-
Re: - by GallantDuke(m): 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2020
I just love the city of Calabar
Re: - by Gosj01(m): 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2020
Beautiful!!

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on my signature
Re: - by Evect(m): 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2020
undecided
Maybe they are trying to draw people to those areas...
If gigantic structures are built and people are working there I think they would start making provisions for accommodation around those areas also....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by Sabadon(m): 11:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
calabar and Akwa ibom just have exceeding potentials if adequately utilised, meanwhile Nigerias architectural designs re total wack
Re: - by Bkayyy: 12:28am On Oct 10, 2020
Nice one, they should try to actualise most of the plans
Re: - by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 10, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 12:57am On Oct 10, 2020
-
Re: - by Yankee101: 1:07am On Oct 10, 2020
The original cities are not built to plan.

1. Getting that much space is a problem
2. Buying up land in the city is prohibitive
3. Green areas no longer exist
4. Developing new future cities is the target
5 Demolish and build is more expensive
Re: - by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 10, 2020
-
Re: - by landforeast(m): 1:35am On Oct 10, 2020
Rossinky:

Stop moaning and blaming, and do something YOURSELF.

Building recreational and tourist facilities is not the government's job.

It is the job of the PRIVATE SECTOR, ie YOU.
Did you see where I mentioned Government or can't you comprehend a simple sentence
Re: - by ElValiente(m): 2:09am On Oct 10, 2020
Why the white people tho grin why not Calabans grin
Re: - by Nobody: 2:25am On Oct 10, 2020
-
Re: - by ElValiente(m): 2:43am On Oct 10, 2020
Sunstorm95:
You might be surprised Efik Calabarians come in all colors. Some of the images above are inspiration of what I envisage for Calabar's waterfront all the way to akpabuyo local government. there are some swampy areas and creeks that need to be sand filled though.
Good job fam.
Re: - by hothead(m): 2:45am On Oct 10, 2020
Are you an architect? I like what you are proposing

Sunstorm95:
Why do Nigerian leaders build things at obscured dead end locations ? I understand a need for city expansion but at least a new major Avenue should be built connecting to other avenues. How about build demolishing the existing dilapidated watt market and build a world class Watt Market/Watt shopping center or Marian Market/mall where the Calabar residents already shop everyday? Or how about build a world class Calabar Beach Market or mall where the Calabar residents go everyday, instead of building a new Tinapa market or complex at an obscured inaccessible location? that's my whole point and that's why a lot of projects struggle or fail in Nigeria.

There needs to be laws and licenses for everything to keep things in order. also ban street/roadside hawking ,overloading of vehicles and all that.
If an individual gets license to do business they'll be decent enough to keep their place clean ,but as it stands right now any random person can set up a shade and sell whatever they want , that's why Nigerian markets are dirty. No law and order what so ever ,no business registration what so ever.
Re: - by tobechi74: 3:50am On Oct 10, 2020
Build bridges not wall
Re: - by WoundedLamb: 3:52am On Oct 10, 2020
I think the idea is to spread out as much as possible. Such structures, roads and other amenities are what attracts settlements. Building more in already populated areas might lead to over clustering and unpleasant experience for visitors.

1 Like

Re: - by Draydd: 5:20am On Oct 10, 2020
Except Rivers State governor
Re: - by FlordFlorez(m): 6:58am On Oct 10, 2020
Very amazing. Now I can see where his huge budget are going to.

This is one of the states that would bring in tourists into our country thereby nourishing our economy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eastern Security Network Burnt Down Fulani Camp In Ebonyi Farmland. ( Video ) / BREAKING: CCB In Disarray As Bola Tinubu’s Case File Disappears From Vault / SERAP Tells Buhari To Probe Spending Of ₦881bn By 367 Mdas Without Appropriation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.