Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

This Thread Is Exclusively For All My Teaching Program On English Language - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Thread Is Exclusively For All My Teaching Program On English Language (690 Views)

My Teaching Experience As A Corper/pyschologist In A Public And Private School. / FG Commences Indigenous Language Teaching Program In Yola / What's A Person Who Studies/studied English Language Called? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Thread Is Exclusively For All My Teaching Program On English Language by Yahksbiz(m): 9:09am On Oct 10, 2020
I am an English teacher, a writer, and a YouTuber. just started though....
you can check out my YouTube for a basic introduction of English language.

Join my YouTube class to learn English grammar.

Watch this simple video, learn how to say this words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L1f5rkyqCY&t=29s

Don't forget to subscribe and share
Re: This Thread Is Exclusively For All My Teaching Program On English Language by HotPoundedYam(m): 10:07am On Oct 10, 2020
Yahksbiz:
[s]I am an English teacher, and a YouTuber. just started though[/s]
you can check out my YouTube for a basic introduction of English language.

Join my YouTube class to learn English grammar.

Watch this simple video, learn how to say this words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L1f5rkyqCY&t=29s

Don't forget to subscribe and share
check the sentence and correct yourself. Remove the comma
Re: This Thread Is Exclusively For All My Teaching Program On English Language by Yahksbiz(m): 10:20am On Oct 10, 2020
HotPoundedYam:
check the sentence and correct yourself. Remove the comma

thanks for the observation, I needed to add one quality to supplement the list, but I skipped it.
Re: This Thread Is Exclusively For All My Teaching Program On English Language by pozehnani(f): 11:26am On Oct 10, 2020
Yahksbiz:

thanks Thanks for the observation, observation. (Full stop)I needed to add one quality to supplement the list , ( no need for comma here) but I skipped it.

Yet more errors. These are little details that either make or mar your grammar. Please take note.

It's not easy to be an English scholar.
Re: This Thread Is Exclusively For All My Teaching Program On English Language by Yahksbiz(m): 11:40am On Oct 10, 2020
pozehnani:

Yet more errors. These are little details that either make or mar your grammar. Please take note.

It's not easy to be an English scholar.

Okay! Okay!
My first clause was an introductory clause to the second clause that was why I used a comma to link it. the second one was a dependent and a subordinate conjunction " but" and we need comma before it, except otherwise stated.

In the part of the observation, I hardly noticed what was wrong.
Anyway, thanks for the observation.
Re: This Thread Is Exclusively For All My Teaching Program On English Language by pozehnani(f): 11:51am On Oct 10, 2020
Yahksbiz:

Okay! Okay!
My first clause was an introductory clause to the second clause that was why I used a comma to link it. the second one was a dependent and a subordinate conjunction " but" and we need comma before it, except otherwise stated.

In the part of the observation, I hardly noticed what was wrong.
Anyway, thanks for the observation.

What is wrong with observation is the use of comma intstead of full stop cos it's a main clause that stands just perfectly on it own.

You don't need a comma before using conjunctions especially in this context because the conjunction already shows you haven't finished your sentence which a comma equally does.

Anyways, was only trying to help. I don't teach English as a subject but I teach the Supra segmental aspect of it. So, I try to be very good in the segmental ( English studies) as they both work together.
Re: This Thread Is Exclusively For All My Teaching Program On English Language by Yahksbiz(m): 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2020
I understand. As a complete sentence, a full stop is needed, but in some cases we need a comma to compound the sentence. "But" is a bit used to oppose the first clause which need a comma to separate the two clauses which are joined together. Comma and conjunctions are two phrases used to join phrases or clauses. there are but few exceptionally rules when using comma with both 'but' and 'and'.

comma has been in debate for a very long time.

anyway, this is inspiring! thanks.

pozehnani:

What is wrong with observation is the use of comma intstead of full stop cos it's a main clause that stands just perfectly on it own.

You don't need a comma before using conjunctions especially in this context because the conjunction already shows you haven't finished your sentence which a comma equally does.

Anyways, was only trying to help. I don't teach English as a subject but I teach the Supra segmental aspect of it. So, I try to be very good in the segmental ( English studies) as they both work together.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Exclusively For All My Teaching Program On English Language by pozehnani(f): 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2020
Yahksbiz:

I understand. As a complete sentence, a full stop is needed, but in some cases we need a comma to compound the sentence. "But" is a bit used to oppose the first clause which need a comma to separate the two clauses which are joined together. Comma and conjunctions are two phrases used to join phrases or clauses. there are but few exceptionally rules when using comma with both 'but' and 'and'.

comma has been in debate for a very long time.

anyway, this is inspiring! thanks.

grin.
Re: This Thread Is Exclusively For All My Teaching Program On English Language by Yahksbiz(m): 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
new video on two letter words and how to make sentences with two letter words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12JKJevldJY
Please subscribe
Re: This Thread Is Exclusively For All My Teaching Program On English Language by Yahksbiz(m): 5:25am On Oct 30, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsnShudNii8
7 tips how to construct sentences with the pronoun "It" watch and subscribe. please.

(1) (Reply)

Government To Review Resumption Date For Schools, Says Education Minister / Is It Safe For Schools To Resume Tomorrow. / College Relief Fund Scholarship 2022 (5 Days To Go) - Apply Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.