Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,355 members, 7,860,937 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:24 PM

Make Waves - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Make Waves (564 Views)

Gist :aluta Today At University Of Ibadan As NASU Is Causing Serious Waves / 5 Reasons You Should Care About The Discovery Of Gravitational Waves / This Has Been Making Waves On Face Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Make Waves by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 07, 2011
To MAKE WAVEs: this idiom means 'to cause problem', but to my surprise i have always heard journalists, presenters etc give it another meaning. When they mention it, what they mean is that the person making waves is enjoying stardom.
Is that the new meaning of the idiom givin the dynamism of english language.  Please respond.

(1) (Reply)

Uk Raine Is The Next Uk / Please I Need Someones Help / Hnd To Bsc-which Way Forward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.