Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,138 members, 7,953,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:42 PM

When Will I Be Called For Interview - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When Will I Be Called For Interview (1836 Views)

My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? / Must I Be Vaccinated Before I Can Fly Within Nigeria / U.S Visa Dropbox Regular Asked To Come For Interview But No Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will I Be Called For Interview by Arry110(m): 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2020
Good day
My mum (a green card holder)petitioned for me to come over
I don’t really know much about it - her lawyer is doing everything, I got a physical letter last week from NVC, Out of curiosity I logged in with the details
My category is F2A, visa class- F22 , my priority date is 17 - Jan - 2019
So i wanted to know like when the whole process will be over and I’d be ready to go
I’m still in year one , just felt like knowing
I’ll appreciate your replies

1 Share

Re: When Will I Be Called For Interview by yellochuq(m): 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hi, at the current speed, it could be anywhere from 12 months to12 years.
let that sink in ...12 years? Yes.
- if your Mom ( petitioner ) becomes a citizen , your category changes from F2A to F1(petitioner MUST notify them of the change ) - this can move the speed up to less than 12 months .
- If you(beneficiary ) are under 18 years.
- If your Petitioner has citizenship from China or Mexico (this is just as an example), the priority dates are backed up, maybe up to 12 years.
if its okay , i'll share some tips with you ...
- be patient .
- Be Patient ( this was not a typo, i repeated it to establish the point grin )
-I would advise you to hold on with any marriage plan if you're still single (this is not nice to say : but F1 category works faster for single unmarried Beneficiaries and your Mom may likely upgrade you to F1 from your present 2A in a matter of time ). But love is all about Patience and sacrifice, so feel free to ignore this part.
- bE Patient
- learn skills , anything is useful even shooting skits, studying insects and animal lifestyle or learning plumbing, carpentry or welding...(you'll thank God for this - later when you arrive).

i'll advise you to look out for the monthly visa bulletin (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2021/visa-bulletin-for-june-2021.html) its a resource that shows you when your priority date is current.
good luck

1 Like

Re: When Will I Be Called For Interview by Arry110(m): 9:36pm On Aug 05, 2021
yellochuq:
Hi, at the current speed, it could be anywhere from 12 months to12 years.
let that sink in ...12 years? Yes.
- if your Mom ( petitioner ) becomes a citizen , your category changes from F2A to F1(petitioner MUST notify them of the change ) - this can move the speed up to less than 12 months .
- If you(beneficiary ) are under 18 years.
- If your Petitioner has citizenship from China or Mexico (this is just as an example), the priority dates are backed up, maybe up to 12 years.
if its okay , i'll share some tips with you ...
- be patient .
- Be Patient ( this was not a typo, i repeated it to establish the point grin )
-I would advise you to hold on with any marriage plan if you're still single (this is not nice to say : but F1 category works faster for single unmarried Beneficiaries and your Mom may likely upgrade you to F1 from your present 2A in a matter of time ). But love is all about Patience and sacrifice, so feel free to ignore this part.
- bE Patient
- learn skills , anything is useful even shooting skits, studying insects and animal lifestyle or learning plumbing, carpentry or welding...(you'll thank God for this - later when you arrive).

i'll advise you to look out for the monthly visa bulletin (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2021/visa-bulletin-for-june-2021.html) its a resource that shows you when your priority date is current.
good luck
Thanks for your input
It’s actually less than a year for me
Re: When Will I Be Called For Interview by Taal17: 8:41am On Aug 08, 2021
Arry110:

Thanks for your input
It’s actually less than a year for me

yes, hopefully yours should be ready fpr interview this year
Re: When Will I Be Called For Interview by Lade456: 12:26am On Feb 07
Hello
have you gotten your visa now?
Arry110:
Good day
My mum (a green card holder)petitioned for me to come over
I don’t really know much about it - her lawyer is doing everything, I got a physical letter last week from NVC, Out of curiosity I logged in with the details
My category is F2A, visa class- F22 , my priority date is 17 - Jan - 2019
So i wanted to know like when the whole process will be over and I’d be ready to go
I’m still in year one , just felt like knowing
I’ll appreciate your replies
Re: When Will I Be Called For Interview by Arry110(m): 5:44pm On Jun 16
Lade456:
Hello
have you gotten your visa now?
sorry for the late reply,
Nooo
My petitioner (my mum died)
But I’ve filed for humanitarian reinstatement, it’s in review

(1) (Reply)

Three African Countries On The Verge Of Collapse! One Of Them Is An Open Secret. / Cheap Accomodation In London / Russia And Ukraine Foreign Students Graduate In Nigeria For Hook Up!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.