Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Good Friday…let’s Understand It Together - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Friday…let’s Understand It Together (638 Views)

Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? / Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria / Eating Meat On Good Friday! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good Friday…let’s Understand It Together by commoninfo: 4:59pm On Mar 21, 2011
Friday, the sixth day of the week, it has no any peculiarity or superiority over other day in the week. As Monday is a name given to a particular day in the week, so it is with the Friday. One important reason that draws attention of people to the day-Friday is ; some people who have made fortune in the other days (Monday-Thursday) always look forward to see the day (Friday). Their joy and anticipation for seeing the day (Friday) are based on four facts:

(i). Friday will usher them into a weekend
(ii). They will rest from their long days labour
(iii).They will be able to enjoy the fortune they have made during the week and
(iv).It offers an opportunity to reorganize themselves for another week assignment

There are four Fridays in the month or at most five, if the month starts with Friday and best to my knowledge the number of Friday in a year should be forty-eight, but what gives me concern is: The Good Friday. It doesn’t come twice in a year and it is so special that most people, especially the Christians consider it to be a SACROSANCT DAY.

Good Friday! What is it about? Perhaps this is the question in your heart. Well, Good Friday is said and believed to be the day that our Lord and Saviour was crucified on the cross at Calvary and once in a year the Christians in the universe set the day (Good Friday) apart for the remembrance of the crucifixion and the death of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Some Christians even go to the extent of not eating any meal that has blood. I don’t support this extremity. The people that forbid the eating of meat, fish etc. Have not really come to the full knowledge of Good Friday and also they lack the knowledge of the Bible. The real spiritual significant is not in place in their belief and practice.

What they are pursuing is a shadow. They follow religious belief and practice. I had never read in the bible that to eat meat or fish on Good Friday is forbidden or a sin. You may have another opinion but this is my own opinion and that is where I stand. I rather live a holy life, fast, prays and goes after the lost soul on that day (Good Friday) than for me to abide by the unscriptural belief and practice. So, if I am to eat on Good Friday, I will eat good meat and fish, because the precious blood of my Lord Jesus is superior to that of animal. We have authority over every animal and all kinds of food, be it meat or fish (Gen.1:26). Please, my reader, stop following the ordinances and doctrines of men. Read Colossians 2:20-23 and 1 Timothy 4:3-5. Listen, either you eat fish and meat or you don’t eat them, none of it will take you the kingdom of God and neither will it take you away.
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink;
but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
(Romans 14:17)
Listen to my advice and apply it, because it will lead to your spiritual profiting uplifting. Come Good Friday, do the following things:

(i). Fast for the day
(ii). Pray without ceasing
(iii).Read your Bible
(iv).Go for evangelism- Jesus died on the cross to save the sinners

In your praying period, pray that God should consecrate your life to be useful for His glory. Pray that He will make you holy (Spirit, Soul and Body). Your obedience to the above stated practice is what God expect from you on Good Friday.

“The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart;
and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit”-PS.34:18

“The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit:  a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise”.-PS. 51:17

”…saith the LORD:  but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word”- Isa. 66:2

Perhaps, you are fortunate to read this article but you are not born again. Then, the scenario of Good Friday on the Calvary took place for you. How? This is the day Jesus was crucified on the cross of Calvary for your Sin and my Sin. The only step you can take that will make a Good Friday a reality in your life is to give your life to Jesus. It will be good for you if you will allow Him to take the burden of sin way from your life.

Except you become born again, acknowledge your sins, confess them and forsake them, you are not safe from God’s wrath

Forty days, eighty days and one hundred and twenty days fasting and prayer will not give you salvation. It’s Jesus that can save you. Why not give your life to Him now?
If you are ready, pray the following prayer:

Lord Jesus, I come to you today
I know that I am a sinner
I can not save myself
Please, save me and forgive my sins
Cleanse me with your precious blood
Make the purpose of your death fulfilled in my life
Deliver me from Sin and Satan
Today, Lord Jesus, I accept you as my Lord and Personal Savour
Give me strength to serve you
Thank you Jesus, I know I am born again now!

If you like this article and will want to subscribe for free reports. Visit www.firstbornredemption.org

(1) (Reply)

Pronounce Yourself Clean! / Do God Speak To You / If Heaven And Hell As Written In The Bible And Quran Was Not Real, Would You Behave Differently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.