Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,549 members, 7,850,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:19 AM

The Return Of Terror - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Return Of Terror (253 Views)

Germany Arrests 3 Teenagers On Suspicion Of Terror Plot, Plan To Bomb Churches / Reign Of Terror In Onitsha As Daredevil Gangs Unleash Mayhem / President Buhari Lands In Maiduguri To Sympathise With Victims Of Terror Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Return Of Terror by Jsabigi: 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
The issue of terrorism in Nigeria is back. It is quite unimaginable that towards the last General elections there were killings everywhere but the immediately after election or before election we cease to hear the massive killing everywhere. Herdsmen, bandits, boko Haram, unarmed gunman, stray bullets and lots more but it is quite sad that we are have started to witness the same event that led to the last General Eelections; most importantly this is not a new development in the history of Nigeria. We have witnessed these killings for several years, heard towards political results. And, for those who are politically minded and those who are conscious of the happenings in their environment would see and have something to wonder if these things are not politically motivated. We have the return of boko Haram, and bandit killing gradually resurfacing. Last two weeks we heard of the party chairman in Nasarawa State who was abducted and killed we're talking about a Professor being killed at a public place there are many much more that happening. But; what could be the cause? why have we started witnessing these things?
Number one, and the only reason is the 2023 general election is quite approaching and in preparation to that the Nigerian political setting cannot survive without these killings, hence the need to start preparation. In other words; the killings are in preparation to the general elections. Sadly, the citizens are not conscious enough to notice and rise up to the task, yet will continue defending these criminals in the name of identity politics. This person is from my side, this person is from my tribe, this person is from my state, this is from my local government and in that way we have no need to condemn their behaviour. We are blinded to an extent that we cannot even behold the extent of destruction that they have done to this nation but it is coming up again probably; the Awakening of the youth might force them into a rethink. And, I just wish I could share this for those who would want to understand and to stimulate your thoughts that the return of the current terror is as a result of the upcoming general elections.
Let Northerners rise up, southerners rise up and together we will fight this war and victory will be for Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Zulum Holds Meeting With Cameroonian Military To Secure Borno / INEC’s Virtual Results Portal Is Not Yet Prepared For Tomorrow's Bye-elections / Who Washed The Governor Of Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.